Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Imus getting sued.

BALLz

No matter how much you dislike him, nobody looked at these girls in a negative way after he said what he did, it doesn't look like what he said had any effect on any of their "good names" and I don't see how they have any grounds for lawsuit other than the fact that they may have some emotional damage and if they did they need to toughen up cause the real world is harsher than that.

She probably interviewed for a job recently and when the job was given to someone better qualified she decided it must have been because Imus called her a nappy headed ho. Because natually whatever a person calls you will make other people believe it's true and they won't like you. Even if the people don't know who you are.

This is a great way to turn 'Imus' into a buzzword for unjustly punished for making a social blunder. I was on Imus' case as much as anyone on this board, but suing the guy now? Eh, that's extreme overkill in my opinion. There's got to be more to this story. What that is, though, I cannot imagine.

Because natually whatever a person calls you will make other people believe it's true and they won't like you. Even if the people don't know who you are.

I don't see why people have such a problem with this lawsuit.

Imus defamed the members of the team purely for the entertainment of his listeners.

I don't see why people have such a problem with this lawsuit.

Imus defamed the members of the team purely for the entertainment of his listeners.

So should Pres. Bush sue Olberman or Franken the next time they say something bad about him?

Should Kerry or Hilary sue Limbaugh or O'Reilly if they say something bad about them?

This lawsuit is ridiculous. Someone's just looking for a payday.

What was the point in him apologizing? So the other members of the team don't sue? If her lawsuit is successful, it'll open the gates for the other members of the team to sue him as well.

Perhaps if Paris Hilton goes broke, she can sue Sarah Silverman for making fun of her.

So should Pres. Bush sue Olberman or Franken the next time they say something bad about him?

Should Kerry or Hilary sue Limbaugh or O'Reilly if they say something bad about them?

It's not about 'something bad', it's about defamation.

If Olberman or Franken said, for example, that Bush was currently taking cocaine, I don't have a problem with him suffering some consequences for that lie, provided it was untrue.

If Imus had called a female member of your family a 'ho', you'd just shrug it off?

It's not about 'something bad', it's about defamation.

If Olberman or Franken said, for example, that Bush was currently taking cocaine, I don't have a problem with him suffering some consequences for that lie, provided it was untrue.

If Imus had called a female member of your family a 'ho', you'd just shrug it off?

I don't think I'd just shrug it off, I'd be pissed. But i wouldn't be sueing him for it.

And like you said, I would understand if Imus said he's witnessed these girls doing drugs or he know they do a lot of sleeping around. Because in that situation, if she goes to get a job, someone thinking of hiring her might think she has moral issues. Or people might not want to be friends with her. But you can not sit there and tell me you think that being called a nappy headed ho is gonna have any affect what so ever on weather she gets a job or how people will periceve her. She was not defamed in anyway, she was insulted. She needs to get over it.

Archived