Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Coach Joe already coaching scared?

Rodriggo

Eight months with no football, with only fluff pieces about Campbell's growth to hold us over and when we finally get a chance to see our starting quarterback in some semblance of live football we are treated to the Mark and Todd show?!?! Where the hell was Jason Campbell during the 11v11 drills? QB was untouchable so where was he? Is Coach Joe that scared of injury that he won't put our starting QB on the field for a single down? What other reason is there? We need to see how this guy is progressing against a full squad defense? Yes or no? He's an unproven second year starter right? Give us one series for *****'* sake. It all depends on him because guess what, Brunell and Collins don't ****, they hella ****. But we already knew that so why prove it for the umpteenth time? What was the downside of letting Campbell have a couple of plays? There certainly was no upside.

Ofcourse I'm panicking because deep down I know that Coach Joe wants to go with Brunell this year and will not hesitate to pull a "Ramsey" and bench Campbell at the first sign of trouble. Why else would he have Brunell out there? It's Campbell's team now, he needs the most experience possible and he doesn't get a single snap? WTF? What is Brunell going to show you? That he can still hit the juice box guy square in the face, ten yards out of bounds on an out pattern? that he can overthrow every slant, underthrow every hitch? and lob every screen? He's ******* old and he *****! Loyalty has a limit so cut him now. At least then we'll know that whatever they do with Campbell in the preseason there is a 0% chance of him not being our starter this year.

By the way, Coach Gregg, the defense looked like ****.

So I guess in January when they all look at a "dismal" record we can all trace it back to a scrimmage in Baltimore in early August...

...funny how when they interview players after winning the Super Bowl and what it took to get to that pinacle in their career...I never hear them say, "We achieved this as a team beacuse we were awesome in that scrimmage back in January and the momentum just carried us through 4 pre season games, 16 regular season game and 3 playoff games!"

The preseason game against the Titans is in 6 days. We'll see Jason then. I thought Gibbs said about the scrimmage that JC is the known starter, and 11 on 11s were for the rookies and vets to show what they got. Remember, we've got Brunell as abck up, coming off injury. They need to see what he's still got. Then there are 3 QBs battling for the third spot. You got to squeeze them in somewhere.

JC is the starter this year. Brunell is not going to replace Campbell because Gibbs is smart. He was right in putting Brunell in, in place of Ramsey. Unless JC looks terrible in preseason, and MB looks fantastic, JC is the definite starter.

I think that the reason we didnt see Campbell today, was about confidence. Why even let a QB in that is going to be judged by the fans so heavily without his starters? We wanted to see some of the backups play, and give them a shake to see if they could hack it. If Gibbs put Campbell in without the receivers that he has been playing with, what good would that do? How many people on this site would be saying that our season is over because Jason didnt look good. Thats my take on it, not to say thats the reason, but I doubt that he was worried about JC getting injured as much as a receiver or a RB (considering they werent hitting the QB)

The Ramsey/Brunell situation is very different from the Campbell/Brunell situation. For instance, Ramsey was terrible all offseason and preseason. I remember during preseason in the first game, one of the reporters was asked what he thought of Ramsey's play during the offseason. The reporter said, "No comment" and then went on to say he was the third best quarterback on the team.

Even I could tell that Brunell was looking better in the preseason games. Ramsey kept throwing interceptions and making terrible throws. He just couldn't handle any sort of pressure. A good quarterback thrives off of pressure. Ramsey buckled under it.

To everyone still bitter about how Ramsey went out: Stop rewriting history. He had one good game (2004, Giants at home) and not much else.

You didn't heard Gibbs say they had to do something about all the QBs they have on their roster? How does playing Campbell today,help them determine who to get rid of? Campbell's the only one 100% not going anywhere,and hes got 4 preseason games to show what hes got.

You nailed it right there bud :applause:

Dag If I put one more person on ignore I wont be able to read the message board.

:laugh:

That's too funny.

I think the point's been made, but I'll say it again. This scrimmage is a great opportunity for the rooks and underdogs to get a look. From now on their opportunities are going to get smaller and smaller as the real preparations begin.

Sure, we'd all love to see our Skins out there and completely whomp the Ravens, but remember... Osaka didn't mean much either, did it?

The preseason game against the Titans is in 6 days. We'll see Jason then. I thought Gibbs said about the scrimmage that JC is the known starter, and 11 on 11s were for the rookies and vets to show what they got. Remember, we've got Brunell as abck up, coming off injury. They need to see what he's still got. Then there are 3 QBs battling for the third spot. You got to squeeze them in somewhere.

JC is the starter this year. Brunell is not going to replace Campbell because Gibbs is smart. He was right in putting Brunell in, in place of Ramsey. Unless JC looks terrible in preseason, and MB looks fantastic, JC is the definite starter.

Pretty much sums it up quite nicely...

:laugh: Gotta love the Stadium.

Here's a clue. You won't see much of Campbell next week vs Tennessee either. You'll see the quarter you're supposed to, and you'll see vanilla.

And no matter what, please learn this phrase.

"It's only preseason. Preseason is utterly and completely meaningless."

~Bang

QUOTE]

:obvious: This is the most sense I've read about the scrimmage yet. KUDOS to you. Well stated. Very well said. :applause: :cheers: :point2sky :notworthy

Archived