Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

In Pictures: The strangest sights on Google Earth

China

In Pictures: The Strangest Sights in Google Earth

134186-07_indianFace.jpg

Dubbed The Badlands Guardian by locals, this geological marvel (Google Earth coordinates 50.010083,-110.113006) in Alberta, Canada, bears an uncanny resemblance to a human head wearing a full Native American headdress--and earphones, to boot.

134186-02_bomber.jpg

For aviation buffs, Google Earth offers the unique ability to spot airplanes in midair. One Google Earth Community has Placemarks for more than 3300 planes in flight, including this World War II bomber (Google Earth coordinates 52.336392,-0.1953462) flying over Huntingdon, England.

134186-11_shipwreck.jpg

The unblinking eyes of the satellites record not only human achievements, but our less successful moments as well. One example is this huge ship (Google Earth coordinates 30.541634,47.825445) floating on its side after a maritime accident in the waters of Basrah, Iraq.

134186-04_carParkedOnWall.jpg

Think parking is tough where you live? In Westenbergstraat, Netherlands, drivers apparently have to park on the sides of walls (Google Earth coordinates 52.069207,4.3139865).

134186-10_parkedFighterJet.jpg

Some of the sights you find in Google Earth are just plain mysterious. For example, why is a fighter jet parked (Google Earth coordinates 48.825183,2.1985795) in what looks to be a residential neighborhood lot near Paris?

Click on the link for more.

Some of the sights you find in Google Earth are just plain mysterious. For example, why is a fighter jet parked (Google Earth coordinates 48.825183,2.1985795) in what looks to be a residential neighborhood lot near Paris?

Where else would you expect the French to keep there surrender jets.

For ****'s sake, man. Are you even trying?!

You hear the word "Paris," and your knee-jerk, Pavlovian response is to say the word "surrender." ****ing hilarious man. How long did it take you to think of that one? No really. I've never ever heard anyone EVER say anything that related the two together. You, sir, are a comedic pioneer. Dennis Miller, watch your back.

And there's a difference between "there" and "their" (and "they're.")

You hear the word "Paris," and your knee-jerk, Pavlovian response is to say the word "surrender." ****ing hilarious man. How long did it take you to think of that one? No really. I've never ever heard anyone EVER say anything that related the two together. You, sir, are a comedic pioneer. Dennis Miller, watch your back.

Somebody's still pissed about WWII

Whoa. Feel better? Yeeeeesh.

Cool pics btw.

yeah I was raised anti-French... one of the first jokes my dad told me was

"I saw an ad in the paper for a French WWII gun, perfect condition, never fired, dropped once"

Your father was paraphrasing the wording used by many people in the 1960's when selling French and Italian WWII memorbilia.... "Never Fired, Dropped Once" was a common poke at both militaries after the war. In fact it was commonly used for the style of rifle Lee Harvey Oswald supposedly used to assassinate President Kennedy.

I actually agree with Temple. Making fun of the French is so overdone.
Awesome pics.

And yes, French jokes equal LAME.

[Rodney Dangerfield voice]: Whoa, tough crowd. TOUGH crowd. :laugh:

Cool pics! Another cool Google Earth site is the ship graveyard in Mallows Bay on the Potomac. Dozens and dozens of ships' hulls lined up along the Maryland shore across the river from Quantico Marine Base.

Somebody's still pissed about WWII
Whoa. Feel better? Yeeeeesh.
But it it so easy and safe. Not like their gonna fight back.
"I saw an ad in the paper for a French WWII gun, perfect condition, never fired, dropped once"

:rotflmao::notworthy

Know what? **** the French. **** them right in the ear.

There, didn't even have to make fun.

Where are the nude beaches with high res pictures

the problem with that is that typically the person who is unabashed enough to walk around a nude beach, and is "comfortable with their body" is usually someone you'd never want to see naked in the first place. For every single hot chick on a nude beach or in a nudist colony, there's 50 grandmothers, 75 fat guys, and 125 beached whale-women.

~Bang

:violin::cry:

I'm not French you don't insult me because you insult them. You insult me with bad humor, I like good jokes, I don't like predictable, derivative garbage thrown out over and over again.

This is just like the gittrdone crap, only this fad refuse to die.

Of course your rebuttals will be something along the same lines as your original post. Lame

Whoa! Chill out, Francois.

Archived