Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Just bought a new car

SkinsFanCU07

Hey all, title is self explanatory just recently purchased an 05 Infiniti G35x with 20,000 miles on it. Was a graduation present for myself for recently graduating college and getting a job. Before I had this car I drove around in a crappy saturn l200 so this is quite the upgrade.

So what does everybody else drive?

Nice car :cheers:

Hopefully you did not pay too much, you do not want to get in debt over a car at a young age, trust me :)

Pay it off as fast as you can, you will love having a nice car with no payments, and then you can save up for condo or house.

This is my baby (not the actual picture, mine is green) been driving it since 2000 and is at 166K. It is a 98 explorer sport and I pray it can live 2 more years, so I can get what I really want :)

98explorerxlt.jpg

When all was said and done I ended up paying about 26k for it with tax title and registration included. I actually ended up getting almost 7k for my saturn so me making payments on a car thats a lil under 20k is very feasable and as long as I keep my job those payments will be paid off asap.

The real reason I went for this car was because it has been considered by many car enthusiasts to have one of the most reliable engines out there.

HOF44, are you happy with the performance of the Z you purchased? We both have the same engines in our cars and can be considered nissan cousins :applause:

I was actually considered looking into getting the Z but the fact that it's a 2 seater was the only reason I didn't go through with it.

Should have got the Z.

Do you have kids, or are you planning on it ? Otherwise at your age you dont want a 4 door. Just makes you the taxi with your friends. Which sucks.

The coupe G35 is a sweet car. The Z is the same car and a little cheaper. The sedan is also a great car so it certainly was a great purchase. The '07 though is bad ass.

Fortunate for myself I don't have any kids - down the road it's something I'd consider but still it's nothing thats in the near future. I meet with clients in my job on a pretty day to day basis and it's essential to be able to fit atleast a few people in your car.

I was actually considering going all out and getting the 07 but unfortunately the dealership refused to budge on lowering the msrp - it was almost 38k for the sedan fully loaded.

HOF44, are you happy with the performance of the Z you purchased? We both have the same engines in our cars and can be considered nissan cousins :applause:

I love the Z. We were trading in a 2004 Mustang GT. We test drove the Mitsu Eclipse and this car. Of the 3 cars the Z is in a different league. Mitsu was the slowest. The mustang was next and the Z was the quickest. I'd say the Z rates below a Corvette in power and about the same in handling. The above is all in regards to convertible versions.

Also of note is the smoothness of the ride of the Z. It is not nearly as rough as the mustang was.

Also the Infiniti and the Z for 2007 got an almost new engine. It was like 80% new parts from the old one. It increased the HP by about 10 for a manual and 25 to 30 for an automatic.

Wow, you're an idiot... who can't figure out how to post pictures to a simple message board? I've been able to do that since I was 10. In fact, I was a high school all-star who earned all-conference honors for my abilities. You couldn't even come close to touching my mad skills.

[.img]picture url goes here and remove the periods in the 'tags'[./img]

:laugh:

Was that necessary? I'm an idiot for not knowing how to post pics when I've never posted one online? Don't you need a scanner? If so, I don't own one. Even if I learned how to post pics I probably wouldn't bother, anyway. It's really not a big deal to me.

Duly noted. I still can't get past the fact that its a Saturn, though :(

Oh yeah my last car got dented on the side quarter panel from a hit and run when it was PARKED... on this car it would probably only scratch it...

I understand your view, but honestly I like the uniqueness of it, they only produced 7200 models of my car during it's 4 year production (04-07) and mine was the 3rd off the line on the 4th production day... (through vin number analysis)

In 20 years, people are going to think all Honda's, Toyota's, Kia's and Mitsubishi's look alike (talking about civic/camry/galant/whatever kia's galant lookalike is), mine is something that people will never be able to say "that looks like......"

Seriously, I don't even know how to go about posting pics here.
Wow, you're an idiot... who can't figure out how to post pictures to a simple message board? I've been able to do that since I was 10. In fact, I was a high school all-star who earned all-conference honors for my abilities. You couldn't even come close to touching my mad skills.
Was that necessary? I'm an idiot for not knowing how to post pics when I've never posted one online?
C'mon man, calm down. It's the internet. I don't know any of these people. Why does everyone think you have to treat everyone here like your next door neighbor? This isn't Mayberry. It's a freakin' message board. I think you take what people say a bit too seriously.

The Irony Chief strikes again. :laugh:

Your 37 years old and you used the word crib.

I don't know why, but I just :rotflmao:

I'm a very young looking 37. Most people think im about 10 years younger. I guess you're as old as you feel. For the record, though. I don't use that word in public. :)

I'm a very young looking 37. Most people think im about 10 years younger. I guess you're as old as you feel. For the record, though. I don't use that word in public. :)

So you go to wal-mart and say "I need a bed for my baby, that has netted sides and bolstered supports on the top and make sure everything is padded well"?

Did you buy that from OJ?

I was waiting for that. :laugh:

No, actually OJ had a 94 XL. I have the same truck that Al Cowlings had except his was a 94. Mine is a 95 XLT.

But there was a bloody piece of leather under the backseat when I bought it in 2002. :laugh:

Archived