Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Just bought a new car

SkinsFanCU07

Hey all, title is self explanatory just recently purchased an 05 Infiniti G35x with 20,000 miles on it. Was a graduation present for myself for recently graduating college and getting a job.
You're all hooked up for race season now!

Stay clear of the Whitney and Parcells vehicles!;)

We sure do have some rich kids around these parts.

Its No. VA what do you expect. Plenty of my friends have brand news benzes, audi's, beamers, etc etc. If youve got the money might aswell spend it. And in no way do i consider myself spoiled, I have a 3.8 GPA, hold a job, and pitch in around the house. But there are plenty of kids in this area who have horrible grades, end up in a crap college and have mommy and daddy give them everything without lifting a finger.

Seriously, I don't even know how to go about posting pics here.

Wow, you're an idiot... who can't figure out how to post pictures to a simple message board? I've been able to do that since I was 10. In fact, I was a high school all-star who earned all-conference honors for my abilities. You couldn't even come close to touching my mad skills.

[.img]picture url goes here and remove the periods in the 'tags'[./img]

:laugh:

OOooh! That's what I like to call a "****ing warhorse"! Don't ever sell that to anyone but me. Does it have the 5.8L?

Don't ever plan to sell it. It comes off the road as my full time vehicle when I move to Tallahssee. I'm buying a Charger.

This thing is going to be a classic in another 8 years and it is still in great shape. It is the 5.8 and it handles payload better than any of my boys' trucks, F-150, Suburban, Excursion,Tahoe etc.....

Can't say enough about how well it has treated me.

Don't ever plan to sell it. It comes off the road as my full time vehicle when I move to Tallahssee. I'm buying a Charger.

This thing is going to be a classic in another 8 years and it is still in great shape. It is the 5.7 and it handles payload better than any of my boys' trucks, F-150, Suburban, Excursion,Tahoe etc.....

Can't say enough about how well it has treated me.

Ford trucks are the real deal and there was never one better than the Bronco. PM me about your Charger, my biz is cars and we have a Dodge store. :cheers:

Nice G35 man! I was hoping it was the coupe. The coupe is pretty sick. How does the torque and acceleration? My buddy test drove one and said it has no torque, whatsoever. Car with no torque = crap. Just wondering.

infiniti_G35_coupe_luxury.jpg

Well i'd say that your buddy has been a little misled about the torque on this vehicle - it has about 270 lb-ft of torque, and I would say that wouldn't constitute a statement such as "it has no torque whatsoever". The coupe itself actually weighs about 20 lbs more then the sedan does (go figure) and i've driven both and have to say i'm more impressed with the way that the sedan handles and accelerates then the coupe does. In terms of acceleration it does pretty well for a 4 door sedan and runs it's 60 in the 6.5 range. I plan on taking it out to a drag strip once I have some more mods done to it to see where I stand in the quarter mile. (i'm hoping for a lil under 14)

I'm a bigger guy at 6'1 200+ lbs so I needed the extra room not to mention being able to drive the car in the winter with the all wheel drive is a huge selling point. I always enjoy being able to pull up next to a 3 series of the same year and be able to not only beat it in a straightline but on the track as well. However, the new 3 series that has the twin turbo engine in it is a whole other story. When purchasing my vehicle I looked at getting a Lexus IS, Audi A4, as well as an Acura TL and the G was above and beyond the best bang for the buck, not to mention I couldn't tell you how many people I see driving around my area with Audis, BMWs, Mercedes and Acuras - plain and simply Infinitis are a dime a dozen.

Also, I'm not a rich kid by anymeans. I went to college for four years and paid for schooling all on my own and busted my tail off to get where I am today. Mommy and daddy have not and never will pay any of my car payments or insurance payments. I found that being able to grow up and pay for my own stuff makes you a more responsible person, and makes you want to take care of the stuff you own simply because you're the one paying for it, and not your mom or dad.

Just :2cents:

Once again, ION, I feel obligated to say that I will never understand why you're so proud of a Saturn.

Several reasons:

1) It's the first car I've ever bought on my own

2) I got it from a Saturn Corporate Executive who only had it for 5,000 miles

3) It was $15,000 which was $3,000 less than KBB

4) It's supercharged

5) It makes people say "damn, that's a fast Saturn"

6) People First motto, my dealership absolutely loves me, if I need a rental car, no problem, they honored a coupon that LOST them about $50 because it said "Excludes 05 redlines" and mine was an 04

7) I used to drive a 97 sebring convertible (168 horsepower in a V6, compared to my 218 HP in a I4

8) The people that own Redlines are some of the best and most loyal people I've met... The club I'm in is basically like a family to me...

Anything I forgot I'll add when I'm sober...

This is my hunk of junk...

1996 Toyota Celica ST

120BHP

DSCF0077.jpg

Only have to suffer the slow, sluggish, noisy, uncomfortable piece of crap for another 9 months while I clear my debts & have my trip to Washington.

Then it get's replaced by either a 2004 RX8 or a 2004 Impreza STi not quite decided which yet but it will be one of them :D

Neil

Archived