Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What do some of you not understand?

Art

I believe it's more of a control thing. Man your spot and let it come to you rather then just letting guys fly around. It's also why I think LA didn't do so well when he was healthy. Protect the lanes and hold your ground. A QB shouldn't have all day in the pocket, so if the coverage is good, it will colapse. It is also how all the complicated blitz packages work out well for us, if our line can control thiers. That is the difference between our D and say, a tampa 2 or cover 2. You can have a LB and Saftey zone one side while the corner blitzs or a Corner play man and the saftey blitz and as long as the lanes are open, they will get there quickly.

What? Have your secondary hold its coverage until the pocket collapses? Sorry, but that's pretty much the opposite of any football reality I've heard, which states that you pressure the quarterback so that your secondary doesn't HAVE to hold its coverage an inordinate amount of time. Or maybe I misunderstood your bolded statement above.

Plus, I don't think our blitz packages worked last year. We seemed to consistently be a step late getting to the quarterback on blitzes. It certainly wasn't as effective as the year before.

And him spending Top dollar on average players almost every year means that he has an effect on everything that Gibbs and the rest of the coaches decide.

Do you think that Gibbs doesn't understand that? Danny doesn't sign contracts in a vaccumn. Everyone knows what the impact of signing a player will have on the salary cap and what can be done in the future.

JG and Williams say they like Carter, Archuleta, Randel El, Lloyd, Brunell, Moss, Patten, Griffen, Springs, Washington, etc. Snyder then proceeds to overpay almost all of them. Then we don't have the cap room to sign players we should have resigned earlier like Pierce, Smoot, Dockery, Clark, etc.

One doesn't nessicarily have anything to do with the other. With Pierce and Smoot, the team made a decsion that Coles had to go, and knew that it would hurt them in contract negotiations with those two. With Dockery and Clark, the team had numbers which they felt that those players were worth, and they were able to do better elsewhere. I don't think not signing those guys would have changed much about the size of the contracts offered.

But what if Dad was only allowed to spend 100 dollars a month and he just blew 30 bucks on one run when he could have paid 15 for the same thing if he wasn't such an idiot?

You assume that he could get it for 15, which really you don't know.

Jason

Art never said that Snyder didn't have influence.

Jason

Oh really???

http://www.extremeskins.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3629481&postcount=63

Madd. Not a single person has ever been quoted as saying Snyder has a single thing to do with determining who to draft and who to sign under Gibbs. Snyder has zero input in this. He's said that to you here on this very board.

After reading this, go back and listen to the press conference again and you decide if Snyder has any "input" or not.

Hail,

H

I see your point, but this thread evolved from many other threads of constant instigating from a poster that does nothing but. - It takes away from the quality that this place used to be.

Exactly. So why would a mod try to rub a poster's face in it. Especially when the evidence doesn't prove or deny anything?

Shouldn't a mod take the higher road? Isn't that what a mod does? Remember who started this thread.

Hail,

H

I agree. Unless I missed something, MADD got banned for having the wrong opinion. If so, that stinks.

Exactly. A long time ago Art was way above this. For Art's benefit, I hope he's just having a really bad day and will admit to it.

It seems Art is being held accountable for his actions and now has disappeared from the thread. I hope Art will rise above this, see how he has broken the very rule he's using for banning others and will apologize for his actions. Otherwise, I've completely lost what respect I still had for this venue and its administrators.

Exactly. A long time ago Art was way above this. For Art's benefit, I hope he's just having a really bad day and will admit to it.

It seems Art is being held accountable for his actions and now has disappeared from the thread. I hope Art will rise above this, see how he has broken the very rule he's using for banning others and will apologize for his actions. Otherwise, I've completely lost what respect I still had for this venue and its administrators.

Well said panthro! :cheers:

Hail,

H

Don't hold your breath.

?

Might wanna recheck those numbers Art. Pierce was our MLB when we had the #2 ranked D. We let him go, and it dropped out of the top 5 (#9) then went to the bottom of the barrel last year.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/wasindex.htm

Now, check who we played one year and who we played the following. See if the offenses were better or worse and you'll figure out why Year 2 was actually MORE impressive than Year 1, because of playing better offenses and still being a great defense.

Art, you should be absolutely ashamed of yourself for starting this thread; a call out thread no matter how else you want to frame it.

And if you banned MRMADD during this thread like you threatend after being the instigator, some other mod with any dignity and sense of responsibility would ban your butt or at least lift his ban.

You and MRMADD differ mostly on semantics. Snyder is clearly involved in the decision making process and it sounds like to me that they come to a consensus when it comes to player personnel, with each person, Gibbs, Cerrato, and Snyder holding the same amount of leverage.

When they disagree, who really knows who makes the final decision. Based on what Snyder said yesterday, it would seem that Gibbs does.

Again, IF you did ban MRMADD, I hope you have the sense to reinstate him and apologize for baiting him into a ban.

I really don't think personal vendettas is what this site is all about.

Hail,

H

I've no vendetta against Madd. I'd dare say he's among my favorite posters. I did put him on read-only before he could be banned not for anything in this thread, but, because he lied about a ban a couple years ago and he's being given an opportunity to correct that if he wishes. It won't be me who ultimately bans him though. There are others itching to do that :0.

LOL! Mr. Madd has just received the ultimate compliment. Too funny!

I understand, all too well, when someone gets banned for saying something inappropriate in an attempt at humor. That would be a well deserved punishment. But- this... too much. It's like playing your college room mate in Madden and beating him so bad that he breaks the controller.

The Redskins decision making process is commonly questioned by both the media and fans. I don't think anyone argues the fact that the Redskins say publicly that Joe Gibbs is the final decision maker. The question is who makes the decisions behind closed doors.

The Briggs trade at a minimum gave a glimpse of how Snyder has a much larger role in the decision making process than what the Redskins organization acknowledges. A trade was initiated and worked out by Snyder and Cerrato, and then brought to Gibbs as an after thought. To look back at those trade talks and use the fact that the Redskins say Joe Gibbs is the final decision maker, as the end all be all in arguments is pretty weak.

It’s easier to disrespect yourself, than to earn respect from others.

Vive La Mr. Madd!

Art never said Dan didn't have influence...really?

To me, this sounds like a desperate attempt at mincing words. If he has INFLUENCE then he is INVOLVED.

As for the banning, I don't think there is any excuse for it..cooling off or whatever.

I don't believe I've ever written the word "influence". And, as I said in the very quote you write, Snyder is involved in the process. That differs from making decisions. I've been the guy all along telling everyone what role he serves in the process being very clear as to his involvement. This is unquestioned. I have rejected the contrary position that his involvement means he is making the decisions and Gibbs isn't, which is what Madd says and what YOU have already stated you disagree with. So, you've found way to say I'm wrong, while agreeing with every word I've said. Quaint.

It's like playing your college room mate in Madden and beating him so bad that he breaks the controller.

LOL. Unfortunately, I was often that guy breaking the controller.

But, you know, I went through therapy and all is okay.

Serenity now, serenity now...

Now, check who we played one year and who we played the following. See if the offenses were better or worse and you'll figure out why Year 2 was actually MORE impressive than Year 1, because of playing better offenses and still being a great defense.

You opinion. Not mine. Brunell was horrid in 04. So was Ramsey. We had Coles an nothing else at WR (which, wasnt that much since we traded him for Moss)

Team Offence was 11th in the league in 05

It was was 30th in 04.

The defence had aboslutely NO help from the Offense, and still was in the run for the best unit in the NFL till the last game of the season.

I consider 05 to be much less impressive. And I'll bet that most people that watched the games in those years would agree.

I've no vendetta against Madd. I'd dare say he's among my favorite posters. I did put him on read-only before he could be banned not for anything in this thread, but, because he lied about a ban a couple years ago and he's being given an opportunity to correct that if he wishes. It won't be me who ultimately bans him though. There are others itching to do that :0.

I just read this... Mr. Madd is getting Banned for being a liar. You should let him defend himself... The trial of Mr. Madd would be a great string...

Oh really???

http://www.extremeskins.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3629481&postcount=63

After reading this, go back and listen to the press conference again and you decide if Snyder has any "input" or not.

Hail,

H

I did listen. The part when Gibbs explained how grades are made didn't involve Snyder. Snyder owns like 10 businesses. He's not sitting in offering input on individual players. His coaches, Gibbs and scouting department do all that and come to a consensus. AFTER that, Gibbs works with Vinny to and Dan to see what scenarios work within the league and the cap. It's pretty straightforward. Snyder has input in the process. Snyder is not involved at that level. He's involved AFTER, when those decisions are made and grades assigned when his role is relevant.

Hilarious. So in order for GW's defense to work, our corners just need to lock up their receivers for the eight or nine seconds it takes our d-line to get to the qb.

1) obviously...it is a combination of the two for it all to work

2) the dl did manage some good pass rush games...e.g., the Colts game. hard to muster a pass rush when you're on your ear defending runners racking up 230+ yard games and switching out DBs every other hour

the defense failed as a unit last season...across the board.

You opinion. Not mine. Brunell was horrid in 04. So was Ramsey. We had Coles an nothing else at WR (which, wasnt that much since we traded him for Moss)

Team Offence was 11th in the league in 05

It was was 30th in 04.

The defence had aboslutely NO help from the Offense, and still was in the run for the best unit in the NFL till the last game of the season.

I consider 05 to be much less impressive. And I'll bet that most people that watched the games in those years would agree.

exactly. our D was very good in 05, but in 04 it was a ton better. now obviously pierce and smoot leaving hurt us, but we were still a top ten unit without them. but its because our dline was so much better. we got more pressure and we were able to stop the run pretty decently.

My boss has final say in all decisions. But I can easily influence him in all of his decisions. If I can do that to my boss, imagine what Snyder can do with his "opinions". In the end my boss takes credit for his decisions. But I think I was the one that made it happen. I wish that Snyder wouldn't give his opinion at all. I think it would put too much pressure on Joe to humor him in regards to Joe's "final decision".

Archived