Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What do some of you not understand?

Art

discourse and debate are great. people are free to voice their opinions all they want but if they think things around here are so terrible why stay? it makes no sense. if you went to a party and it sucked you would leave. you wouldnt stay just to complain about how bad the party sucked.

Hmmm… is there free booze?

I’m back… Two Live Crew and Nelson Mendella can continue debating Mr. Madd with out me. I emailed Art, mentioned to him that I didn’t see his ultimatum about questioning the reasons for Mr. Madd’s punishment until after I already posted. To Art’s credit, he waved my ban and sent me a friendly email. I ribbed him pretty good and it would have been just as easy to ignore me, rather than releasing me from the drunk tank.

Any way… Monte- GREAT POSTS! I know I was a victom of it, but this thread would have been less entertaining if there weren’t any victoms.

Back to the point…If there is a point…

When I read posts about how people are some how lesser fans because they argue in the negative is absurd. For example, Mr. Madd questions the state of the Redskins leadership. I tend to agree with him, and am also not so sure Joe Gibbs really has total control of the team’s operational decisions. Does this somehow make us lesser fans? I can’t speak for Mr. Madd’s patriotism, but my negative sentiment stems from being a die hard skins fan who is absolutely loyal to a fault.

I remember Joe Gibb’s glory day’s and see Gibbs as the Holy Grail of coaches. A year ago, I would defended Snyder because he was responsible for Gibbs return. I still defend the Redskins aggressive maneuvering in FA and in the draft. And, as far as the front office goes, I think they have had more hits than misses since Gibbs return. The reason I like an aggressive approach is because there is no hiding when there are mistakes. Accountability is 100%. You may pay more, but when you get what you want and it doesn’t work, you know it’s a mistake. And, you know who to blame.

That’s my problem with Briggs deal. Snyder and Cerrato worked out the parameters of this trade, released it to the media, sent it though the agent and press to Chicago, and then brought it to Gibbs as an after thought. Does this sound like Joe Gibbs really has total control? Does this sound like an owner who is meddling in operational decisions?

Joe Gibbs laid his HOF reputation on the line and came out of retirement bring the Skins back to glory. Back from a place so dark, we were correctly being compared to the Bengals and the cardinals (don’t even deserve to be capitalized). Part of that agreement was that Gibbs would have total control. Now we have to question whether Gibbs does have control. The fact is he may still have it, thought Briggs was well worth it, and in this one embarrassing instance Snyder didn’t observe normal protocol. But, you still have to ask the question for reasons of accountability. Who’s to blame? And, who deserves credit? Whose reputation is on the line?

I’m a die hard fan. I follow the team through thick and thin. What will happen when a die hard fan has to choose between their HOF Hero and a medaling owner?

Hopefully we’ll win so we won’t find out. Prediction… 10-6 easier schedule, less injuries, more familiar with the new offense.

Archived