Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What do some of you not understand?

Art

no thought is original if it must be repeated numerous times in response to the same unoriginal complaint. no matter how often it is repeated its still true.

assertions are true or false. thoughts are original or repetitive.

I don't want to pick a fight with ya. It's just that I have seen this so many times it's getting to be like the whining that provoked the thought in the first place!

I've been meaning to speak to you about this.

Your recent behavior as a moderator has some of us concerned. Apparently there has been a shift in your style from fatherly to almost monster-like. I know this because I've read it here.

I would appreciate that while you are providing this site with untold hours of unpaid and often thankless work, you would carry out your functions in a way that seems more reasonable to us. Afterall, we come here to play in our spare time and your ever-increasing mean spiritedness is troubling.

Please bring the kinder, gentler, OM back when you punch-in for your next shift.

Now, would you send iheart in on your way out? We've got a bone to pick with him, as well.

hey!!!

OM has been and always will be a gentlemen and a scholar. sometimes you just gotta swat the 'squitos when they bite!

I've been meaning to speak to you about this.

Your recent behavior as a moderator has some of us concerned. Apparently there has been a shift in your style from fatherly to almost monster-like. I know this because I've read it here.

I would appreciate that while you are providing this site with untold hours of unpaid and often thankless work, you would carry out your functions in a way that seems more reasonable to us. Afterall, we come here to play in our spare time and your ever-increasing mean spiritedness is troubling.

Please bring the kinder, gentler, OM back when you punch-in for your next shift.

Now, would you send iheart in on your way out? We've got a bone to pick with him, as well.

**** you. :)

assertions are true or false. thoughts are original or repetitive.

I don't want to pick a fight with ya. It's just that I have seen this so many times it's getting to be like the whining that provoked the thought in the first place!

no worries. i was just reminding the guy that if, according to him, the place had become so unbearable no one was forcing him to stay.

ok please...you flatter yourself and 90% of the others if you think there is a rigorous, consistent approach to discussion/"debate" on this or any other board. it wanders all over the map and rightfully so - it's a diversion from the other activities we are all engaged in (you know...our real work lives) and not some lesser rendition of Bill Buckley's Firing Line.

Tieing integrity to shifting lines of thought in an informal exchange of message board posts is arrogant beyond belief.

Respecting opinions is in the eyes of the beholder...there is no established standard. And who even cares? Respect/don't respect - it's immaterial...except for those whose self-image requires such affirmation.

Please.

So your saying that if you advocate drafting CJ above all others for over six months and then turn around one day and say: "I never advocated taking CJ,what are you talking about"... that doesn't matter ? That it doesn't effect the way that poster is viewed??

If so, you'd make a GREAT politician.

'sup, Hos?

It's about time.

Just watching the turmoil Om. Not going to add to it this time.

:silly:

I have you guys taking Okeye if you don't trade down. I think that's your best solution though. Move down to 10 or so and add some picks. Perhaps if Quinn or Peterson are still on the board you can do this.

:2cents:

See ya on our funny farm. ;)

Peace.

no worries. i was just reminding the guy that if, according to him, the place had become so unbearable no one was forcing him to stay.
I would think that feedback is always a welcomed thing, either postive or negative. I mean shouldnt there be an ongoing effort to continuoulsy improve this website...if people want to voice their opinions, that should be a good things.

I would think that feedback is always a welcomed thing, either postive or negative. I mean shouldnt there be an ongoing effort to continuoulsy improve this website...if people want to voice their opinions, that should be a good things.

discourse and debate are great. people are free to voice their opinions all they want but if they think things around here are so terrible why stay? it makes no sense. if you went to a party and it sucked you would leave. you wouldnt stay just to complain about how bad the party sucked.

Please.

So your saying that if you advocate drafting CJ above all others for over six months and then turn around one day and say: "I never advocated taking CJ,what are you talking about"... that doesn't matter ? That it doesn't effect the way that poster is viewed??

If so, you'd make a GREAT politician.

yes...I would make a great politician...precisely because I do have a core set of values that cannot be violated (i.e., integrity)... :D ....geez....have I been bouncing thru this thread for too long or what? I'm starting to sound like certain other notables!

you know as well as I do cuz you're a smart guy that I was responding to a principle...not a discrete event.

as for the specific example.....no...it doesn't matter. how posters are viewed isn't important...let me rephrase....it's a personal decision. a decision that turns on a dime - from what I have seen on this board - and so shouldn't be takent too seriously. it's a message board on a football team.....there ought to be wide latitude on just about everything short of a few key rules (e.g., no racism, threatened violence, etc.). one would think that posting the orig and contrasting positions simultaneously would reduce the matter to closure. one might take the poster less seriously the next time...when it comes to drafting CJ I suppose....but I wouldn't stretch this into a generalization about personal or intellectual integrity....it's a dang football msg board!

if you want to really have a go at integrity...lets talk about harry, nancy or hillary!..... :laugh:

discourse and debate are great. people are free to voice their opinions all they want but if they think things around here are so terrible why stay? it makes no sense. if you went to a party and it sucked you would leave. you wouldnt stay just to complain about how bad the party sucked.
haha, good question but it all depends..If it was the only party going on, or the one where my friends were, i might be inclined to stay. As my alternatives were no better, but i would try to make it better, i might tell the hosts to change the music, or to buy another keg.

If things really got bad, i might get bombed and try to make it enjoyable as possible. Hell i might even let everyone know how bad it sucked, try to start a huge rumble, and all of a sudden it turns into one of the best nights ever.

haha, good question but it all depends..If it was the only party going on, or the one where my friends were, i might be inclined to stay. As my alternatives were no better, but i would try to make it better, i might tell the hosts to change the music, or to buy another keg.

If things really got bad, i might get bombed and try to make it enjoyable as possible. Hell i might even let everyone know how bad it sucked, try to start a huge rumble, and all of a sudden it turns into one of the best nights ever.

maybe its just my mentallity but if i think a place, real or virtual, sucks im out. there is always another place to go, always something else to do. even if that place is home and the something is nothing. doing nothing, even alone, is far better than being somewhere that actively sucks.

**** you.
Now THAT'S the best, most on-point post in this whole mother-****ing thread. I could NOT have said it better myself.
As one who passively followed this soap opera from the beginning, I can now say, with confidence, that it was worth every second. Thanks to Art and Madd for the fireworks and to Om for the greatest closer of all time. :applause::applause::applause:

Now THAT'S the best, most on-point post in this whole mother-****ing thread. I could NOT have said it better myself.

I, however, would not have wasted the happy face to soften the message.

HTTR

2 quickies:

1) MC51's one of the good guys. He was kidding. I think ... :paranoid:

2) Had I thought he wasn't, there woulda been no smilie. :)

2 quickies:

1) MC51's one of the good guys. He was kidding. I think ... :paranoid:

2) Had I thought he wasn't, there woulda been no smilie. :)

Fair enough. If that be the case, then I withdraw the harshness of my tone as it pertains to MC51.

Still, to the multitude out there that question the job that the mods are doing, I stand pat as quoted. I been following this thread from afar up to this point, but increasingly have been drawn in by my disgust at the childishness and immaturity of many of the posters. It's easy to hide behind your keyboard and the internet, but this is an adult community and we should all act accordingly.

If you don't, you've more than likely brought the penalty on yourself.

I can't begin to express how much I love this team and what it's brought to me during the course of my life so far. In my experience, this board has provided me with an opportunity to share that love of the Redskins with others of similar mind.

Let's not f**k this up.

HTTR

Monte is one of the first guys who PM'ed telling me it would be a good thing for me to be a mod ( I was reluctant). It's guys like Monte I try to help work the board for, and out of gratitude to the guys who built this board and kept/keep it up to be the great place that gave me so much enjoyment and service. They're the same guys who took/take the constant **** that is part of the landscape. And I'm sure, being human, "the mods" earn some **** trying to do this stuff.

But I'm pretty good at living with pinheaded comments, like negative characterizations of "the mods are like this", or "the mods do that", especially since "the mods" are nine people with very distinct personalities and different views on many topics. We are all very independent and autonomous. But we do tend to follow the rules and guidelines, as well as their spirit and intention, in cohesive fashion.

Art, in my analysis, is maybe the most liberal mod in terms of poster-tolerance. And for all the crap that gets thrown around on ES, very few people get banned, and far, far, fewer for any substantial length of time. I'm sometimes amazed that we don't ban way more people more often and for longer, including permanently. Art has always advocated the rare use of bans.

Another BS brain-dead theme on ES is the old saw about negativity being suppressed on the site. Very negative and very critical stuff about virtually any aspect or individual connected to the 'skins has been very dominant on the board for the last three years, usually understandably. Staff, in their official role, has never discouraged this, nor would it make sense to try, nor is there any wish I have ever heard expressed in any staff meeting to do such a thing.

But mods are members and posters too and they get to participate, so they may express their personal view. If it’s an optimistic one, it's not their "fault" that they're a mod being optimistic. It’s simply a member who is being optimistic. For example, it's you guys who make a big deal out of the fact that "Om said it, and he’s a mod". Om was saying it as a member. There's no sin in him being an optimist just because he’s a mod. Though I find Om is also critical and balanced at times, too, just to be accurate.

The blunt truth is what it's always been and always will be--when it comes to moderating or what's going on with the board, like with many other subjects, many of you guys with "big" sweeping opinions about “how it is” are simply talking out of your ass. Nevertheless, all input is welcome. :)

If you choose to, you can really divide the world into just two types of people:

Those that GET the joke......

....and those that DON'T.

If you don't understand what I'm talking about, well then....you know which category you fall into.

HTTR

Had you thought I wasn't, I probably wouldn't have been able to post this reply. ;)

To those who didn't get it, well:

http://english.unitecnology.ac.nz/resources/resources/learntolearn/

:D

As I consider myself one of those who typically "gets the joke" as I'd written in my OWN post.....well, I guess I'd just reached my breaking point. This has been a tough thread to stand by and just "take".

Point well taken, MC51.

Keep on....

HTTR

The blunt truth is what it's always been and always will be--when it comes to moderating or what's going on with the board, like with many other subjects, many of you guys with "big" sweeping opinions about “how it is” are simply talking out of your ass. Nevertheless, all input is welcome. :)

Excellent post D. And hilarious, if salty and accurate, final stanza. :)

Archived