Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Famous Redskins Fans

hillbillydeluxe44

Do deceased fans count?

Link is photo of Gene Hackman from Loose Cannons.

http://www.imdb.com/media/rm287411712/tt0100053

The site wouldn't let me download the photo.

Gene Hackman isn't dead!

Way way way wait a second. Buckethead has a radio show? THE buckethead? As in, this guy?

070221_buckethead.jpg

LoL I thought the same thing when I first read that. But he is referring to this guy.

http://www.myspace.com/thebucketheadshow

It might have been pre-season games, but in any event my guess is that just because you have "not once" seen him on the sidelines, doesn't mean that he wasn't on the sidelines. The cameras don't show the entire sidelines.

Uh, but usually when someone of note is on the Redskins sidelines, they usually are shown. For instance, a couple of years ago I remember them showing Tony Stewart. Not saying MM has never been on the sideline. But I watch all the games. And not once have I seen him.

i didnt know dale jr was a skins fan. Ive never liked him that much but hes ok with me if he is a skins fan.

was never an 8 fan either till i heard during a red flag for rain his dad was watching film to see if he could improve jr's car and went to his trailer to get him to come look at what he was seeing...he told his boss and his dad he was busy he had to see who was winning the redskins game.cant help but love that!!!

I'm not sure if it was already mentioned, but I saw an interview with Sean Astin saying he was a Skins fan. He was the guy who played the hobbit Sam in Lord of the Rings and Mikey in The Goonies.

...and he is the son of John Astin and Patty Duke.

Gene Hackman isn't dead!

[/url]

I never said he was. The Gene Hackman part was added to my post after my response to a post which did include 2 persons who are members of the choir invisible, bereft of life, kicked the bucket, pushing up the daisies, in essence ex-humans.

Allen Iverson is a Cowboys fan, saw him at the '04 MNF game vs Dallas....the dude is hardcore and voices his loyalties.

Brian Urlacher grew up a Skins fan.

Kevin Durant and Jeff Green for the OKC Thunder are Skins fans. So is Roger Mason JR of the Spurs.

Tom Cruise is a Giants fan but Katie Holmes roots for the Skins.

Allen Iverson is a Cowboys fan, saw him at the '04 MNF game vs Dallas....the dude is hardcore and voices his loyalties.

Brian Urlacher grew up a Skins fan.

Kevin Durant and Jeff Green for the OKC Thunder are Skins fans. So is Roger Mason JR of the Spurs.

Tom Cruise is a Giants fan but Katie Holmes roots for the Skins.

Not true with Urlacher, he was a die hard Cowboy fan. I heard him on an interview say he was hoping to go to Dallas when he was drafted, as he always loved the Cowturds

Early life

Jones attended college at the University of Arkansas and was a co-captain of the 1964 National Championship football team, where he was an all-SWC offensive lineman for Hall of Fame coach Frank Broyles, and a teammate of Neil Rosenberg and Jimmy Johnson, the man Jones hired to replace Hall of Fame coach Tom Landry when Jones purchased the Dallas Cowboys in 1989. Jones was a member of the Kappa Sigma fraternity at Arkansas. Other notable teammates were Ken Hatfield, Jim Lindsey, and future Outland Trophy winner Loyd Phillips. Several future great head coaches were assistant coaches for Frank Broyles and the Razorbacks during his college career in Fayetteville, including Hayden Fry, future legendary Head Coach at the University of Iowa, Johnny Majors, future Head Coach at the University of Pittsburgh and the University of Tennessee, and most notably Barry Switzer, Hall of Fame coach of the University of Oklahoma and the man whom Jones hired to replace Jimmy Johnson as the head coach of the Dallas Cowboys in 1994. Jones is one of a very small number of NFL owners who actually earned a significant level of success as a football player.[1]

After several unsuccessful business ventures (including passing up the opportunity to purchase the AFL's San Diego Chargers in 1967), he began an oil and gas exploration business in Arkansas, Jones Oil and Land Lease, which became phenomenally successful.[2] His company, a private family asset, currently does natural resource prospecting.

What is less known is that he grew up a fan of the Washington Redskins.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jerry_Jones#Early_life

Matthew McConaughey....definitly my favorite actor.....we share the same passion! :)

They had a feature on COMCAST about 2 or maybe 3 years ago when WE ARE MARSHALL was being filmed and MM and Portis were chilling on the set of the movie and joking around...it was cool. McConaughey is cool with me!!! :)

jesus, mcConaughey is absolutley terrible. Paul Walker bad.

Not true with Urlacher, he was a die hard Cowboy fan. I heard him on an interview say he was hoping to go to Dallas when he was drafted, as he always loved the Cowturds

I read an interview years ago where he said he would only like to play for 2 teams, the bears and the skins, bears drafted him and the skins were his favorite team growing up.

CONFIRMED

Darrell Armstrong – pro basketball

Nicklas Backstrom – pro hockey

Craig Biggio – pro baseball

Lewis Black – comic, actor

Charlie Gibson – TV news anchor

Tom Cruise – actor, eccentric:pfft:

Dale Earnhardt, Jr. – NASCAR

Molly Henneberg – TV news

Britt Hume – TV news

Jimmy Kleinsasser – pro football

Matthew McConaughey – actor

Mark McKinney – actor

Alonzo Mourning – pro basketball

Alexander Ovechkin – pro hockey

Leslie Stahl – TV news

Chris Wallace – TV news

Unconfirmed

David Aldridge – sports reporter

Sean Astin – actor

James Brown - TV sports

Sandra Bullock – actress

Tommy Davidson – comedian, actor

Kevin Garnett – pro basketball

Gene Hackman – actor

Jermaine Jackson – musician

Tito Jackson – musician

Ron Jeremy – “actor”:shhh:

Reed Johnson – pro baseball

Larry King – news curmudgeon

Tedd Koppel – TV news

John Kruk – pro baseball

Byron Leftwich – pro football

Tim Legler – pro basketball, TV

Sugar Ray Leonard – pro boxer, legend

Richard Petty – The King

Ryan Pinkston – actor

Manny Ramirez – pro baseball

Jerry Stackhouse – pro basketball

Ben Stein – Bueller?

Wanda Sykes – writer, actor:no: isn't she a Saints fan now???

Paul Tagliabue – former NFL Commissioner

Scott Van Pelt – sportscaster

Damon Wayans – actor

Keenan Ivory Wayans – actor

source http://www.theomfield.com/2010/01/official-celebrity-redskins-fan-roster.html

• 4 weeks later...

Good news everybody

Noted chef Eddie Huang of NYC's famed "Baohaus" is a Washington Redskins fan, born and raised in this area.

http://www.baohausnyc.com/about

I've always cooked Taiwanese food and although I got sidetracked by things like college and a bull**** career as an attorney, I came back to what I love most besides Charles Barkley, Yao Ming, and the Washington Redskins...

Red Cooked Meat!

Archived