Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Famous Redskins Fans

hillbillydeluxe44

He's from ARlington, so yeah that does make him a fan, I guess.

I'm from South Jersey. I hope people don't use that fact to jump to the (incorrect) conclusion that I'm an Eagles fan.

I watch that show all the time on TBS at 4PM. the bum brother-in-law has a ratty Terry Allen jersey that he wears from time to time. I wonder if that was the producer's jersey?

Does 'Yes, Dear' take place in the DC area? A lot of times, TV shows will contain references to local sports teams to enhance the realisim. Doesn't necessaily mean one of the producers is a fan.

Does 'Yes, Dear' take place in the DC area? A lot of times, TV shows will contain references to local sports teams to enhance the realisim. Doesn't necessaily mean one of the producers is a fan.

No the show doesn not take place in the DC area. It takes place in California if I remember correctly. The creator of the show is from DC, and the guy who plays Greg is from Lynchburg. That probably explains it.

The Missy and Good Charlotte doesn't suprise. Missy is from Portsmouth, VA and GC is from Waldorf, MD both huge Skins nation there.

The Clipse, Rap duo from VA Beach are Big Skins fans. I listened to a radio interview a minute ago and they were talkin about it then. If you look at their "Door Man" Video, u can see some cat in the background rockin' a Chris Cooley Authentic.

David Bowie

Musician Interview - May 1983

He adds that he had bet on the Miami Dolphins even though he's a Redskins fan, and dropped ten dollars in the process. Such admissions seem suspect. One tries to envision the Magus of Glam-Rock wolfing down homey roadhouse fare, his attention glued to some American football on the tube, but memories of his spectral warpaint and sci-fi drag demeanor make it difficult.

Predictably, it all later checks out: the management of the lunch counter confirms that Bowie is indeed a semi-regular customer of long standing; and the musicians of Let's Dance, his first all-new LP in almost three years, explains that they got their boss hooked on the playoffs (and attempted to mold him into a Jets fan) while recording this winter at New York's Power Station Studios.

Nice find! Who would have thought that Bowie was an American football fan let alone a Skins fan?

Seriously, that one is the most shocking so far. I never would have guessed, or believed it, without the article.

great change of pace thread! MM rocks! -- "I get older ... they stay the same age"

Though I've always wondered why so many DC folks are Cowboys fans?

Funny you say that. I was in Dallas for business. Stomach felt funny the whole time I mind you.

But its ALOT of Redskins down there also. Almost made me feel at home....ALMOST!:dallasuck

SI: How does a kid from Texas become a Washington Redskins fan?

McConaughey: I'll tell you how. I grew up in Texas. Born in Uvalde and raised in Longview, which is two hours east of Dallas. So when you are six years old why do you start liking a team? Well, when your favorite food is hamburger and they have a linebacker, No. 55, named Chris Hanberger. And then you find yourself up late watching Westerns and rooting for the Indians instead of the Cowboys. So you become a Redskin fan. Then you have people like John Riggins who becomes your favorite running back. Everybody in town loved Tony Dorsett, so you have to stand up for Riggins. I was at the last game at RFK, the first game at Fed Ex and the first game at Jack Kent Cooke.

I have drooled over him since highschool :drooley: It made it even better when I found out he was a smart blonde and a redskins fan.

95567901.jpg

- R&B Singer Trey Songz (he's from Petersburg,Va)

http://www.honeymag.com/2009/uncategorized/ready-or-not-trey-songz-2/ (this is a very "candid and explicit" interview and may not be suitable for reading at work)

I want to talk to you about the Michael Vick situation. He got suspended and all that, and I know that you had some comments on it. You think that he served his time? And you don’t think its fair that he’s being suspended for five games?

TS:As far as the NFL concerned, I don’t know how their rules work. I know that when he was initially charged and even before he was charged, he had gotten a lot taken from him. So I think if they’re going to reinstate him then they should just reinstate him. And if they say that they got to do that then they got to do that. But I don’t think that it’s necessary. I think he served his debt to society.

Which team do you think he should be picked up by?

TS: I would love for the Redskins to get him. If the Buffalo Bills get him it would be crazy and it would take some of the pressure off [Terrell Owens]. And T.O. wouldn’t be the only threat, but they got a good quarterback up there. But we need him on the Redskins though.

- R&B singer Raheem DeVaughn

http://blogs.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendId=42872306&blogId=453847261 He did a tribute video/song to Sean Taylor along with a few other artists.

PS- Willie Parker grew up a Cowturds fan.

http://www.newsobserver.com/2010/04/30/460158/healthy-parker-eager.html#ixzz0n468N7HO

• 2 months later...
"Not sure if y'all noticed or if they are real Redskin fans but in the movie Donnie Darko they are watching and cheering for Joe Gibbs and the Redskins at a Superbowl."

yeah, Richard Kelly (DD Director) is from Virginia and is a skins fan.

He graduated from the same high school as me, Midlothian High School :o

Archived