Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Five Albums on a Deserted Island

EersSkins05

Sure, this has probably been debated before on these boards, but it's always fun.

So here's the situation... You're stranded on an island with a CD player, but you only remembered to bring a few CDs. You can never listen to another CD for the rest of of your foreseeable life. What are the FIVE (no honorable mentions- that's cheating) albums that you wish you had?

My list:

1) Pink Floyd- Dark Side of the Moon

2) Bruce Springsteen- Nebraska

3) Oasis- Don't Believe the Truth (an album that nobody has or respects, but is absolutely incredible)

4) Smashing Pumpkins- Siamese Dream

5) Counting Crows- August and Everything After (just means something to me for the time of my life that it happens to represent)

My list would never cover enough, but it's always fun to do.

1. Making Movies--Dire Straits

2. The King James Version--Harry James

3. Madman Across the Water--Elton John

4. Bob Dylan's Greatest Hits Vol I

5. Mozart: Symphonies Nos. 35-41--

Mushroom Jazz Vol 1 - Mark Farina

Staring at the Sea - The Cure

The Lengendary Dial Masters - Charlie Parker

Songs in the Key of Life - Stevie Wonder

Reggae Valley Of Decision - Alton Ellis (can't be on an island w/o some reggae)

Pink Floyd is cool but you figure that you'd lose your mind sooner by listening to it.

Sure, this has probably been debated before on these boards, but it's always fun.

So here's the situation... You're stranded on an island with a CD player, but you only remembered to bring a few CDs. You can never listen to another CD for the rest of of your foreseeable life. What are the FIVE (no honorable mentions- that's cheating) albums that you wish you had?

My list:

3) Oasis- Don't Believe the Truth (an album that nobody has or respects, but is absolutely incredible)

5) Counting Crows- August and Everything After (just means something to me for the time of my life that it happens to represent)

Don't try and justify it.. Note for note the counting crows are very talented

My list:

August and Everything After is one of my all-time favorites. Murder of One is my favorite track. I haven't compiled a list, but Bob Marley's Legend and Natural Mystic would be on it.

You see, I think that a contrarian view is probably needed here. If I'm on a deserted Island with no hope of escape, and only have 5 cd's to succor me, than I might want the five cd's that would drive me the most insane. After all, it would be better to be delusional and irrational, if alone and bereft eternally on a Desert Island.

With that in mind:

Napolean V's They're Coming o Take Me Away Ha Ha

Yoko Ono's Greatest Hits

William Shatner's Greatest Love Songs

Sound Effects Vol 6

David Bowie We Can Dance

Archived