Extremeskins

Five Albums on a Deserted Island

EersSkins05

Elvis - From Elvis In Memphis

Led Zeppelin II

Elvis - Golden Records Vol. III

SRV - Texas Flood

Allman Brothers - Brother & Sisters

Of course, I'd trade them all if I could just have my acoustic guitar.

(with a crate full of strings)

Unless I'm allowed to have them all! :idea:

And my wife!

Direct tv?

On a tropical island? Do they all have to be music CD's? DVD's too?

1. Legend - Bob Marley and the Wailers

2. A Naturalist's Guide to Edible Tropical Plants - Ewell Gibbons

3. 1001 Coconut Recipes - Chef Asako H'lani

4. Boat Building on a Shoe String - Alan Hale, Jr.

5. Gilligan's Island - Collector's Box Set

August and Everything After is one of my all-time favorites. Murder of One is my favorite track. I haven't compiled a list, but Bob Marley's Legend and Natural Mystic would be on it.

I thought "August and Everything After" should have been on that Rock and Roll Hall of Fame list of "The Essential 200" albums of all time. It's a really, really good album.

Yeah, I was about to compliment him on 40oz. also. Definitely a good island album.

Good call, Spiff. :cheers:

Hey, thanks.

Again, thats a band you just really can't lose with whatever CD you pick. I think 40 Oz beats their self titled cd, but not by much. "Stand by your van" is also a good live compilation of their stuff.

Pretty tough call....do box sets count as one? :)

Avail - 4am Friday

Hendrix - Axis:Bold as Love

Chili Peppers - By the Way

Smashing Pumpkins - Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness

Hellacopters - Strikes Like Lightning

Funny, I basically unwittingly did this experiment already. When I deployed to Desert Storm I grabbed a walkman and 4 cassettes at random. I was stuck listening to Black Crowes, Zeppelin IV, Eagles Greatest Hits, and Faith No More for 7 months. None of the albums was bad....but I still have trouble listening to them. :laugh:

Jane's Addiction- Nothings Shocking

Beach Boys- Pet Sounds

Metallica- Kill em All

KISS- Alive

Dead Kennedy's- Fresh Fruit for Rotting Vegetables

Another thing cool about a thread like this is it can remind you of music you haven't played in awhile and need to hear. Minus the KISS & Metallica, BK just hit on three old faves of mine that I will crank up this weekend. :)

Really? I just listened to it the other night and was suprised by how much I no longer like it. If I brought a studio Phish album it would be Hoist.

Different tastes I guess, although IMO you can't go wrong with either album. The first Phish album I heard was Story, so maybe thats why I generally consider it my favorite. That, and because Guyute will make your face melt. :)

Different tastes I guess, although IMO you can't go wrong with either album. The first Phish album I heard was Story, so maybe thats why I generally consider it my favorite. That, and because Guyute will make your face melt. :)

Good points. I like 'Ghost', 'Meat', 'Wading in the Velvet Sea', and 'The Moma Dance'. :cheers:

Archived