Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

How do we fix our red zone woes?

Darth Tater

I agree w/the big WR comments. Also stop taking Betts out when we're down there..I believe he can finish his drives...Stop HAVING to pass..meaning throw on 1st once in a while instead of getting to 3rd and goal and having no other choice...Go for 4th and goal or short..I still believe we should have went for that last 4th & 2 and tried to get 7 instead of settling for 3...that TD would have put the game out of reach therefore giving me less heart failure:laugh: . I don't like flash plays that close..but the Randle El comment wouldn't be so bad either.

HTTR!!:point2sky

:applause: :applause: If only it were this easy...but men have a thing w/maps don't they? (i.e.honey why don't u just look @ the map?..We're not lost...We're not..I know where we are...I just don't know where everyone else is..:laugh: :doh: )

Ahem. Well, there...times when maybe the map isn't looked at closely. Of course, the guys could always ask for directions. :halo:

Need to get a BIG, possession-type wide receiver like Art Monk who will take up space and can jump up high to get a pass.

Ok ok ok I know I shouldn't be saying this but who cares it's the off-season :) How about Randy Moss, surely he won't stay in Oakland for much longer, right? j/k

If not, I bet Calvin Johnson will be around when we pick in the draft. Knowing Danny, he'll go after that guy and completely ignore the defensive side of the football.

I would like to see some play action passes on first down and some boot leg roll outs where JC has the option to run it. Get Sellers involved in the passing game again.
Have the Skins thrown to Sellers in the red zone this season at all?...Last season he scored at will in the red zone off that chip-block-then-turn-into-a-receiver play...

While watching the Girls & the Falcons on Saturday, when Griffith got his TD's, it made me wonder why we don't do the playaction pass to Sellers anymore. Such a huge weapon.

We need a possession receiver.....we have too many fleet midgets and not a plaxico/TO/Keyshawn type who can go up and out physical 6 foot CBs. the FO really screwed this team over last off-season by not thinking through what this team was commmitting to on the offensive side of the ball.

Ok ok ok I know I shouldn't be saying this but who cares it's the off-season :) How about Randy Moss, surely he won't stay in Oakland for much longer, right? j/k

If not, I bet Calvin Johnson will be around when we pick in the draft. Knowing Danny, he'll go after that guy and completely ignore the defensive side of the football.

:rolleyes: Danny doesn't have anything to do with the draft, other than write the check after the player is signed. Gibbs has the ultimate say on all personnel decisions.

Can't say anything that hasn't already been said.

Where's Sellers?

Cooley?

Play action with Campbell rolling out?

Screens to the RB in the flat?

It seems once we get inside the 20 we clam up and play for the field goal. What I would like to know is why the hell we're going for field goal when we're 4-9 and we need 1yd for the 1st inside the 10yd line. WTF? Seriously, what's the thought process that goes into these decisions?

What are you talking about?

Apparently Gibbs said something along the lines of, when they get in the red zone they sort of start holding a committee think tank on the playcalling.

Actually he said he starts giving his input inside the 35. That could just mean that he decides when do go for it on 4th... or it could mean more.

Either way I agree with everyone who says -- if you give Saunders the playcalling, GIVE SAUNDERS THE PLAYCALLING.

Apparently Gibbs said something along the lines of, when they get in the red zone they sort of start holding a committee think tank on the playcalling.

Actually he said he starts giving his input inside the 35. That could just mean that he decides when do go for it on 4th... or it could mean more.

Either way I agree with everyone who says -- if you give Saunders the playcalling, GIVE SAUNDERS THE PLAYCALLING.

Couldn't agree more.

Archived