Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Merged x115 Adventures Of The Fashion Police Weekly aka THE Uniform Thread

RSkinsFan

I hated burgundy on burgundy. I can only hope we never see that combo again. I like the fact that we're one of the few teams that wears white all the time. white jerseys on burgundy pants is the best combo, no questions asked.

I HATE white on white ugliest thing this team has ever worn. We are the burgundy and gold not the white and burgundy for God's sake.

I did LOVE the burgundy on burgundy but would love for us to get back to being burgundy at home all the time and if I had my choice the old burgundy and gold pants.

What do you think?

I think that one hundred eleven people thought they were special enough that they didn't need to search to see what everyone already thought about the teams uniforms.:)

• 2 weeks later...

Urgent, urgent! Somebody must tell Dan and Zorn that the Skins cannot, at any point in time, wear burgundy tops at home.

When was the last time we had success wearing burgundy jerseys at home? Anyone?

When was the last time we won the Super Bowl in burgundy jerseys?

When we wore burgundy jerseys in the Super Bowl, what was the result?

When did the wheels come off last season? After the Steelers game. What did we wear at home? Yep, burgundy jerseys. But it wasn't just bad, because Dan and Zorn inexplicably allowed the team to wear BURGUNDY PANTS with the burgundy jerseys!!!1! It was double-burgundy double bad. It was like Body Bag Game bad. It was embarrassing bad.

From here on out, I will assume any person advocating burgundy jerseys at home is an anti-Skins fan. There is simply no other reason to support burgundy jerseys at home except to guarantee the failure of the Washington Redskins.

If you love your Skins, please, please call into one of those Snyder-owned shows and demand that the host of said show tell Dan and Zorn directly that our team CANNOT WEAR BURGUNDY JERSEYS AT HOME!! It is freakin' suicide. If somebody does this and provides me audio proof, I will paypal him or her $2. Seriously.

Urgent, urgent! Somebody must tell Dan and Zorn that the Skins cannot, at any point in time, wear burgundy tops at home.

When did the wheels come off last season? After the Steelers game. What did we wear at home? Yep, burgundy jerseys. But it wasn't just bad, because Dan and Zorn inexplicably allowed the team to wear BURGUNDY PANTS with the burgundy jerseys!!!1! It was double-burgundy double bad. It was like Body Bag Game bad. It was embarrassing bad.

From here on out, I will assume any person advocating burgundy jerseys at home is an anti-Skins fan. There is simply no other reason to support burgundy jerseys at home except to guarantee the failure of the Washington Redskins.

If you love your Skins, please, please call into one of those Snyder-owned shows and demand that the host of said show tell Dan and Zorn directly that our team CANNOT WEAR BURGUNDY JERSEYS AT HOME!! It is freakin' suicide. If somebody does this and provides me audio proof, I will paypal him or her $2. Seriously.

Yeah, we lost our only Super Bowl in burgundy, but it was back in Super Bowl VII....I doubt much fashionistas were out back then crying over our look.

We beat the Eagles in our home finale last year with our burgundy tops (I was there:D).

Don't get me wrong- I am a huge fan of "wear white as much as we can" -and the burgundy fest on MNF disgusted me too, but burgundy at home isn't too bad. Maybe do it once between November and December (except when playing Dallas of course).

Edited by RedskinsFan28

I believe who the coach was had more to do with it and the bad results in burgs of that era came from playing division road games.;) We were on our way to a turnaround in burgs under Schott until Snyder's erotic attraction to Spurrier ended that short run.:doh: Norvitis kept the white tops and it produced several years of mediocrity.:(

As I said earlier, whats the fascination of wearing white jerseys all the time!? The color jersey you wear has no effect on how you play. You guys need to slow your rolls about not wearing all burgundy. WE PLAYED THE STEELERS WHEN WE WORE THEM, WE WEREN'T GOING TO WIN. Not to mention, I'm sick of seeing white jerseys. We do have burgundy ones too, you know. I say that we say screw the traditions, how are they going for us? Lets try something new people!

Suit yourselves. But if we wear burgundy jerseys at home this season and we miss the playoffs, it's on your conscience.

Yup because the color shirts we wear will definitely be one of the things on my mind if we don't make the playoffs :doh:

I have facts and history on my side. What do you have on yours?

No, you have superstition. Uniform color is nothing but superstition. Its not like wearing white jerseys give our team a +5 speed bonus, or +10 stamina or something. this isnt an rpg.