Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Merged x115 Adventures Of The Fashion Police Weekly aka THE Uniform Thread

RSkinsFan

I would love to see the 70th anniversary tonight....

That would be cool. I don't see it happening but it would be sweet. I just hope we don't come out of the tunnel in burgundy on burgundy :doh:

At least our throwbacks are cool and don't look retarded like the AFL throwbacks that those teams are wearing :puke:

PPL on this board have run off most of the insiders for screaming that they were no one and starting crap

True...but I don't even mean someone like LL or jsteelz.

This board sends people to cover every game. At some point so far, I'm sure someone has heard which color jerseys we're wearing tonight. Remember that last year we switched to burgundy at home around this time of year.

I think it's safe to say that we'd have heard something if they were sporting throwbacks.

True...but I don't even mean someone like LL or jsteelz.

This board sends people to cover every game. At some point so far, I'm sure someone has heard which color jerseys we're wearing tonight. Remember that last year we switched to burgundy at home around this time of year.

I think it's safe to say that we'd have heard something if they were sporting throwbacks.

I get the redskinblog tweets txted to my phone and they typically tweet what uni we wear before the game

The current choice goes back to Gibbs who thought that the all White uni's gave an advantage early in the season due to temperature and forcing the opposing team into their 'dark' colors would tend to overheat the players.

So, how hot is a Monday night at the end of October these days anyway? Of course, I have not lived out there in a while so maybe global warming has shot the temp's up to 90's or above or something...

No disrespect, but not all of Gibbs ideas would work so well these days. If it ain't broke don't fix it, but if IS...

Show our true colors - Burgundy & Gold

The current choice goes back to Gibbs who thought that the all White uni's gave an advantage early in the season due to temperature and forcing the opposing team into their 'dark' colors would tend to overheat the players.

So, how hot is a Monday night at the end of October these days anyway? Of course, I have not lived out there in a while so maybe global warming has shot the temp's up to 90's or above or something...

No disrespect, but not all of Gibbs ideas would work so well these days. If it ain't broke don't fix it, but if IS...

Well, actually Gibbs just went white tops at all home games. Either way, the actual game-day temperature is rather meaningless since the teams have to submit the jersey colors for each home game before the season starts.

So, Zorn would have had to choose white or burgundy for this game back in September.

You are close...the players liked all white and wore them as far back as under Spurrier...When Gibbs came back the players liked the all white as something different bc JG did white tops at home...Zorn instituted the white at home early in the season due to the heat (he also had backup players hold his Z shades since the league would not allow us to have shades on a post without the other team having the same) we then wore white pants as well....

You are close...the players liked all white and wore them as far back as under Spurrier...When Gibbs came back the players liked the all white as something different bc JG did white tops at home...Zorn instituted the white at home early in the season due to the heat (he also had backup players hold his Z shades since the league would not allow us to have shades on a post without the other team having the same) we then wore white pants as well....

I still blame Norv for wearing white all the time. If TB can wear their colors in that heat we have no excuse.

I still blame Norv for wearing white all the time. If TB can wear their colors in that heat we have no excuse.

It started long before Norv. Gibbs first era, we wore white at home. We also wore white in each Super Bowl. Norv just inherited a tradition.

I hope it's all burgundy tonight!

So do I, that's one of my favorite combos. But, any combo with the 'Skins is my favorite. The only problem with the all burgundy is that we didn't blow out or destroy the Steelers last year while wearing that scheme. And for some reason that makes that uniform choice bad.

:eaglesuck

So do I, that's one of my favorite combos. But, any combo with the 'Skins is my favorite. The only problem with the all burgundy is that we didn't blow out or destroy the Steelers last year while wearing that scheme. And for some reason that makes that uniform choice bad.

:eaglesuck

News Bulletin....Every team in the league is wearing throwbacks from time to time...even the teams that are superstitious like the Skins....the Skins lose a game in all burgundy...so they quit wearing them...HELLO...this team has lost more games with all and every uniform combo in past 15 years...it don't matter...change it up...new karma...paint the endzones a different color....do something. This team is awfully boring on offense. Do something with the damn uniforms to add some excitement!!!!