The Merged x115 Adventures Of The Fashion Police Weekly aka THE Uniform Thread

RSkinsFan

Fashion Police already?????????????:doh: :laugh:

Home - WHITE/ BURGUNDY pants

Away - BURGUNDY Jersey/white pants

No question.................:point2sky :cheers:

and

21 on all the helmets ;)

Impossible because almost every other team wears their darks at home. For equality and fashion sake we should wear Burgundy with gold pants at home, and white with burgundy pants on the road.

So let's say that Mooch pulls it out and get sthe job after all. Should we expect the same "upgrade" to the Skins digs? Of course I am referring to his stints in San Fran and Detroit and both teams instant addition to black lining/backing to there uniforms.

I hope we change our unis to a retro look (like the Giants and Jets have done in recent years).

Any of our throwbacks from the past 5 years would be a cool start. I'd like for us to wear dark at home though. I would like to look back and have the home whites be a predominantly Gibbs thing.

So let's say that Mooch pulls it out and get sthe job after all. Should we expect the same "upgrade" to the Skins digs? Of course I am referring to his stints in San Fran and Detroit and both teams instant addition to black lining/backing to there uniforms.

Oh yea, the hideous black jerseys that the Lions wear from time to time....some teams are identified with certain colors....black is not the Lions color.

So no one thinks there is a compromise of sorts? Burgundy pants / White Jerseys = the standard, no question. But why not mix it up? Why not wear the 70th and 75th Uniforms a few times. Why not wear Yellow Pants / Burgundy Jerseys like in the 70's. The Gibbs classic look is indeed classic, but just mix it up now and then. 14 times a year with the same uniform gets old.

14 games? I think your looking at the 1977 schedule. But you're right. A different jersey and helmet every game. What if, one game, we wore the Redskin's jerseys but let the players were their college helmets? Like the pro bowl guys wear their team helmets? I think that would be bad ass.

14 games? I think your looking at the 1977 schedule. But you're right. A different jersey and helmet every game. What if, one game, we wore the Redskin's jerseys but let the players were their college helmets? Like the pro bowl guys wear their team helmets? I think that would be bad ass.

I think he meant that we typically wear the white tops 14 times per year (we wear burgundy at Dallas and usually one other time on the road).

I think he meant that we typically wear the white tops 14 times per year (we wear burgundy at Dallas and usually one other time on the road).

you are correct sir :cheers:

I forgot who, but whoever said yellow pants/burgundy jerseys for home, burjundy pants / white jerseys for road games made a good call. I think that would be ideal upon further review.

Everyone's been making fun of Zorn's "maroon and black" gaffe, but keep in mind that he also knew we were in the Hall of Fame game next year before any of the pseudo-geniuses on this board. So, maybe Danny, Vinny, and Jimmy are in the process of creating a black jersey/pants combo to be worn at FedEx Field next year for an intimidating "blackout." :laugh:

Since the 2006 season is about to start, I'd like to propose a uniform change for next season.

Let's get rid of the 'white' uniform, and bring back the Burgandy & Gold.

Here are my proposals:

Home Games: Burgandy tops, with Gold Numbers/Names, Gold Pants with Burgandy stripes on each side of the pants seam. Helmet: Gold Helmet with Burgandy "R" surrounded by Burgandy circle of feathers, with Burgandy stripe down center of helmet - i.e.; "Lombardi Helmet."

Away Games: Gold Tops, with Burgandy Numbers/Names, Burgandy pants with Gold stripes on each side of pants seam. Helmet: Burgandy Helmet with Gold "R" surrounded by Gold circle of feathers, with Burgandy stripe down center of helmet.

Comments???

Yeah. Yuck!