Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Merged x115 Adventures Of The Fashion Police Weekly aka THE Uniform Thread

RSkinsFan

White Jersey/Burgundy & Gold Pants: Home games

Burgundy Jersey/Gold Pants: Road games

The 70th anniversary uni's were awesome too.

that would be ok if the team we went to wear white at home but they don't and we end up always wearing white, we need to change things up and wear the burgandy at home and white away

With all this HC nonsense driving us all crazy, I thing we should take a breather and discuss something I don't hear a lot. Where are our Burgundy jerseys? I may have miscounted but in the 2007 football season I think we wore our whites in 16 games, 15 regular season and 1 post season, and our burgundies just once.

When I was growing up teams wore their whites at home and their darks on the road now that the NFL lets the home team decide, we only get to wear our Burgundies when we go to Dallas. I think this stinks! I am behind whatever HC candidate that wants to wear the Burgundy jerseys at home. the whites don't seem to be doing the trick, and if any of them want to put gold pants along with those burgundy jerseys, that would make them a real genius.

Maybe I'm just crazy, what do you guys think?

Although I wouldn't go so far as to say that the coach should be chosen by which home jerseys he wants to wear, I agree about wearing burgundy at home. That's one of the only things I dislike about Gibbs...he prefers the whites. I don't know why, he just does. The year Marty was the coach he brought the burgundy jerseys and white pants for home games, and that was great.

Fixed your post.

The Eagles, Bucs, and Cardinals tick me off when they change up their home jersey just to make us change...:mad:

I don't think it necessarily has to do with us. It matters when you play those teams. This year we played the Eagles in week two and they wore white. The Eagles usually wear their whites at home early in the season when it's still fairly warm (supposedly wearing white is cooler).

White wins superbowls.
We wear white because Coach Joe always preferred white. He thought the team looked sharper and looked faster in white....so we played in white jerseys at home and away unless the away team felt like messin' with Joe's mind.....often the cowgirls.

I can't believe none of the old timers on here posted this already.

I figured everybody already knew. :)
That's a Gibbs-ism. The next HC will decide when we wear what color jerseys.
IIRC, we continued to wear white at home even after Coach Gibbs I retired. Schott was the first coach to break the habit, but then Spurrier brought it back.

I vote for white.

I think a good thing to do would be to just switch it up now and then. I mean, the Skins have really, really cool throwbacks with the 70th and 75th uniforms - why not wear both once or twice a year. Keep the burgundy pants/white jerseys in the line up, but just change up now and then - it gets REALLY boring seeing the same 'ol, same 'ol every week. Why not wear yellow pants, burgundy jersey's now and then? Keep the white on white for every so often too. A little variation occasionally wouldn't hurt.

I think the team should change to the darks at home. To me, the "home whites" were a Joe Gibbs thing and they somewhat defined our golden age of success in the 1980s and early 1990s.

I think they should stay unique to him and we should sport the darks at home (maybe with gold pants??) like we did when Marty came in to coach.

We wear white because Coach Joe always preferred white. He thought the team looked sharper and looked faster in white....so we played in white jerseys at home and away unless the away team felt like messin' with Joe's mind.....often the cowgirls.

I can't believe none of the old timers on here posted this already.

Burgundy could make a comeback now that Joe is returning to NASCAR.

Actually that is partially correct. If you remember the Cowboys back in the day never seemed to win a game in their road blue jerseys, but almost always won in the white. Coach Joe picked up on this and changed from the home burgandy to white so the cowboys always had to wear blue when they came to town.

So no one thinks there is a compromise of sorts? Burgundy pants / White Jerseys = the standard, no question. But why not mix it up? Why not wear the 70th and 75th Uniforms a few times. Why not wear Yellow Pants / Burgundy Jerseys like in the 70's. The Gibbs classic look is indeed classic, but just mix it up now and then. 14 times a year with the same uniform gets old.