Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Merged x115 Adventures Of The Fashion Police Weekly aka THE Uniform Thread

RSkinsFan

You may have misunderstood me. I like the white with burgundy, and wouldn't mind seeing it a couple of times a year. It's a good looking uniform.

But, I don't want to see the burgundy pants return at the expense of the gold pants, and I definitely don't want to start wearing white at home again, because when you do that you end up wearing that same uniform 14 or 15 times a year.

I always wanted to see the gold pants return, and basically went through 31 seasons of white with burgundy almost every game.

31 years.

I just find it somewhat humorous that after not seeing the white with burgundy for just a few years, people are so impatiently waiting the return, while at the same time thinking this gold pants thing is getting old.

I guess I did misunderstand you then, hehe

Well, I think there is a reason for it. For a lot of people, it is the best looking color combination we have, myself included. It also reminds all of us of the 3 SB trophies we have, won while wearing those uniforms.

Been saying for awhile the for home games, the team should wear Burgundy on Gold.  That there is a great look.  For the away games where the team needs to wear a white jersey, then they should don the burgundy pants.

Basically, my bullet list of things to do:

• bring back burgundy pants
  • simplify the stripe scheme (3 on the gold pants, 3 on the helmet, 2 on the white/burg pants, 2 on the jersey, too many on the socks)
  • ditch the 80th (I don't like the khaki pants)
  • add a gold jersey
  • rotate between white, burgundy, and gold pants
  • rotate between white, burgundy, and gold jerseys
  • typical "home" uniform = burgundy on gold
  • typical "away" uniform = white on burgundy
  • alt home = burgundy on white, gold on burgundy, gold on white, burgundy on burgundy, or gold on gold
  • alt away = all white, or white on gold 
  • darken the "gold" slightly, not much, but just a tad bit
  • darken the burgundy to match the 70th / 80th anniversary jerseys

The above would both modernize and streamline the uniforms, and allow for plenty of the alt combos, while keeping a traditional "burgundy on gold" home look and a "white on burgundy" away look.  For the alts, only do them like a few times a season.  So of the 16 games, maybe just do an alt look for 3 games, keeping it more traditional for the other 13 games.

My opinion has not changed from the above post.  We do those things and we're done.  Make it happen Bruce!

35 here...used to like the white pants, love the gold/yellow...white doesn't belong in our Burgundy & Gold color combo. I would be ok with burgundy, but i really just prefer the gold pants.

Ultimately, i'm a sucker for the "BC" throwbacks. I absolutely love those unis. Every time i see them on highlights, & such, they just stand out to me as a pure football uni. Especially with the non-striping on the helmets. I would be absolutely ecstatic if we went with those full time....but that's just me.

I am actually a little shocked that so many Redskins fans don't like the "gold" part of the "burgundy & gold" tradition, & would prefer the white pants so much. I'm just not a fan of white football pants, period. I don't like them on any team.

• Like 5

• 3 weeks later...

THANK YOU

I do not get the obsession with white at all

I'm with you guys. The Gold doesn't bother me. I'd like it to be a bit darker and I want all of the piping on the jersey, pant and socks to match. That's my only complaint.

Burg-Gold at home

White-Burg on the road

Throwback third.

• Like 1

I guess I'm alone in hating the Boston college throwbacks. Vomit

Looked fine back when they played in mud on black and white TVs I'm sure but now nobody wants to see those ugly boring color shades

The BC uniforms paired with the modern helmet is a notch below the Ronald McDonald uniforms. Edited by Redskins Reparations
  • Like 1

Niles Paul sporting the red pants at OTAs.  Could the impossible dream of the return of the red pants be happening?  Lord, I hope so!

But, but Bruce said the burgundy pants aren't even being made anymore. How can this be?!

It's just to tease us.

I don't care much for the white pants but at least they represent somethin new at this point from gold pants every single week. So if that's all we have, as In, the burgundy pants are dead to Bruce, I wouldn't mind seeing them mixed in some games.

The white on white is fresh and sexy tho. I do love that look

Practice/OTA/TC attire is usually entirely departed from regular season gear in almost every way except for the helmets. Nothing to see here.

Except we haven't even seen these in practice/OTA/TC for the last 3+ years. I think there might be something to see here. At least I hope there is. 

• Like 2

I wonder if anyone has done a poll on the color combos? It would be somewhat interesting to see the colors listed alongside a photo and let people vote on their choice.

Bruce is suffering from nostalgic-itis. The current unis are outdated; other teams are getting a newer look, we're going backwards, all because of his likes.

• Like 2

I wonder if anyone has done a poll on the color combos? It would be somewhat interesting to see the colors listed alongside a photo and let people vote on their choice.

Bruce is suffering from nostalgic-itis. The current unis are outdated; other teams are getting a newer look, we're going backwards, all because of his likes.

I agree, but I fear that if an update was made, it could go horribly wrong (e.g. Jags, Bucs)

I really hope they change the pants (at least). I like the burgundy pants with the white/yellow stripe as well as the white with burgundy/yellow stripe.

It is time for an update or change to the uniform, if it happens though, hope they don't overdue it and make me miss the yellow (gold) pants.

• 2 weeks later...

If going w a 'throw back' uniform.....let's go back to the 80s White Jersey/Burgundy pants of the SB years (and  wish this was our standard uniform!)

If going w a 'color rush' uniform.....go with White on White w burgundy/gold stripes

Not a big fan of the gold/yellow/mustard pants...OK for an occasional throw back look.....but really prefer the burgundy pants

remind me...was it the spear helmet?

Nope ... the present "red" helmet ... if you have "gold" pants you should have a "gold" helmet.

Also ... I think the Logo with the "face" needs to be refreshed.  They tried to do too much with design ... combining the "face" with a "tom-tom".  The result is clutter with too many feathers ... makes it confusing to my B&G eyes.

Logo should be clear simple symbol for maximum impact.

Love the "Spears!"

Bring em back!

Nope ... the present "red" helmet ... if you have "gold" pants you should have a "gold" helmet.

Also ... I think the Logo with the "face" needs to be refreshed.  They tried to do too much with design ... combining the "face" with a "tom-tom".  The result is clutter with too many feathers ... makes it confusing to my B&G eyes.

Logo should be clear simple symbol for maximum impact.

Love the "Spears!"

Bring em back!

they combined the face with a tom-tom?...Jesus...I never even noticed that...

Except we haven't even seen these in practice/OTA/TC for the last 3+ years. I think there might be something to see here. At least I hope there is.

Incorrect. We have been wearing white pants in training camp the last few years, including last year.

Google Redskins/Texans practice fight, which we all know was last year, and the entire team was wearing white Nike uniform pants.