Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Merged x115 Adventures Of The Fashion Police Weekly aka THE Uniform Thread

RSkinsFan

I'm hoping we can break another streak this year...our run of playing horribly in throwbacks. The last win we have had in a throwback uniform must have been a game in 2002.

If you think about it, that stat really sounds worse then it is. We have worn throwbacks a total of three times from '03 until now, so it's not surprising we lost those games with how the team had been playing over the last ten years. If we wore throwbacks twice a year like Dallas and Pittsburgh and happened to lose every time we wore them, we'd really have something to worry about.

If you think about it, that stat really sounds worse then it is. We have worn throwbacks a total of three times from '03 until now, so it's not surprising we lost those games with how the team had been playing over the last ten years. If we wore throwbacks twice a year like Dallas and Pittsburgh and happened to lose every time we wore them, we'd really have something to worry about.

Yes, but pointing out negative streaks this year has generally resulted in the Redskins ending them.

For gods sake people, we wear GOLD pants. Not yellow, GOLD.

I think when people say 'gold' the color 'old gold' comes to mind (see link below). Anyways, maybe the problem is that the way the sun/lights hit the pants can change their color? Look at your avatar vs Diesel Hogs (above). Yours looks much closer to the gold color than his does.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Old_gold

I think when people say 'gold' the color 'old gold' comes to mind (see link below). Anyways, maybe the problem is that the way the sun/lights hit the pants can change their color? Look at your avatar vs Diesel Hogs (above). Yours looks much closer to the gold color than his does.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Old_gold

Yeah, you're right, and in all honesty, what many people think of as yellow, can be gold, and vice versa. It's a thin line between the two (and their variations), but the fact remains that our colors are "burgundy and gold," no matter how many off color "Ronald McDonald yellow" comments people want to make.

And the metallic nature of the pants we wear give off a different color in the sunlight. I remember seeing how murky the Seahawks mid '00's uni's looked, and when they came here, they gave off a beautiful, deep ocean metallic blue look in the sunlight.

Edited by Mr. Sinister

• 2 weeks later...
So' date=' since we committed to wearing our retro jerseys twice this year, it looks like our second time wearing them will be at home against DallASS, yes?[/quote']

god I hope not. It never seems like we win in the throwbacks. That being said, this has been a year of breaking streaks, so..............

I agree, it's one of the best looks in the NFL. Sadly, they haven't worn the orange pants since 2004.
Yeah, when I saw that pic I was thinking that I haven't seen the Browns wear those orange pants in ages.

I'm probably in the minority here, but I think the Browns' uniforms/helmets are not that bad. I've always liked that simple fresh look. I even like their all white look. At least they don't look as putrid as the Bengals. They need a makeover, I think. And why they chose orange when the Browns already had orange, I'll never know.

Yeah, when I saw that pic I was thinking that I haven't seen the Browns wear those orange pants in ages.

I'm probably in the minority here, but I think the Browns' uniforms/helmets are not that bad. I've always liked that simple fresh look. I even like their all white look. At least they don't look as putrid as the Bengals. They need a makeover, I think. And why they chose orange when the Browns already had orange, I'll never know.

Paul Brown..... Fired by Art Modell in 1962 in Cleveland, he started the Bengals franchise in 1968..... Their original uniforms were certainly no coincidence:

http://www.bengals.com/team/history/uniforms-1968.html

The only thing that the Redskins committed to is wearing either their dark or white jerseys for each home game. I think every team submits it's jersey colors for every game sometime in the spring if I'm not mistaken. (I believe it can be changed if there's a compelling reason or something, but all of that is usually decided well before the season.) So given that the Redskins thankfully are now a team that wears colors at home, I presume they'll either wear the regular burgundy jerseys or the throwbacks. The throwbacks are burgundy, so it really doesn't matter what they decide to do so long as the jerseys are dark. (Unless of course they committed to wearing white at home for that game or something.)

I know I'm kind of in the minority here, but I'm glad that they no longer sport the white at home for the most part. That's the only thing I disliked about Coach Gibbs; I never understood why it seemed like every other team got to wear their colors on their home field but the Redskins had to seemingly wear their visiting uniforms at home. I know there's no such thing as "home and away uniforms," but you get the point. Our field, our colors. I have no problem with the white jerseys, but just not at home. (And I'm glad that the Redskins have the burgundy and gold pants because at least when they're on the road the team colors are still on display.)

does anyone else wish the NFL would allow both teams to wear their color jerseys? It's not black and white TV days anymore. People can tell apart teams. Sure you might not want to let the Giants and Cowboys both wear blue but why not the Redskins burgundy jerseys against the Cowboys blue ones?

---------- Post added December-24th-2012 at 06:27 AM ----------

I know I'm kind of in the minority here, but I'm glad that they no longer sport the white at home for the most part. That's the only thing I disliked about Coach Gibbs; I never understood why it seemed like every other team got to wear their colors on their home field but the Redskins had to seemingly wear their visiting uniforms at home. I know there's no such thing as "home and away uniforms," but you get the point. Our field, our colors. I have no problem with the white jerseys, but just not at home. (And I'm glad that the Redskins have the burgundy and gold pants because at least when they're on the road the team colors are still on display.)

Cowboys wore white jerseys at home. I think a few AFC teams did that a lot too. At least I recall the Miami Dolphins wearing their all white unis more than their aqua jersey

So far as I know, the Cowboys are the league's only white at home team (aside from Thanksgiving when they wear their throwbacks). The Dolphins wear white at home, but if it's a primetime game they'll wear the tiel jerseys. Occasionally will sport white, but for the most part I think Dallas is the only consistent one. I remember reading somewhere that last year Cleveland wanted to wear white at home four times and brown at home four times (which I think is what they did this year). However when they submitted their color schemes to the league someone made a mistake and said white for all eight home games (plus two preseason). So they wore white for all 16 games last year, which was not their intention.