Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Merged x115 Adventures Of The Fashion Police Weekly aka THE Uniform Thread

RSkinsFan

I think as long as the players have an input on uniforms (which I didn't know) we will see the W on W and B on B more often. I love the look of W on W and B on B it's a more modern look with the same classic logo.

Sometimes I think we should do away with the gold face mask also...

Edited by Portis for 6

No, you have superstition. Uniform color is nothing but superstition. Its not like wearing white jerseys give our team a +5 speed bonus, or +10 stamina or something. this isnt an rpg.

I'm not superstitious. I simply observe correlation (causation?). I don't know why or how losing is related to wearing burgundy at home, but it is. You can mock the facts all you want, but they are real. You can't fight science, my man.

Since 1980:

Years Redskins made playoffs when they never wore burgundy jerseys at home: 11

Years Redskins made playoffs when they wore burgundy jerseys for at least one home game: 0

"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." -Albert Einstein

So why would you want the Redskins to wear burgundy jerseys at home? You're insane or you want the Skins to fail.

QED, with an assist from Einstein.

I'm not superstitious. I simply observe correlation (causation?). I don't know why or how losing is related to wearing burgundy at home, but it is. You can mock the facts all you want, but they are real. You can't fight science, my man.

Since 1980:

Years Redskins made playoffs when they wore burgundy jerseys for at least one home game: 0

"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." -Albert Einstein

So why would you want the Redskins to wear burgundy jerseys at home? You're insane or you want the Skins to fail.

:1stplace: Game, set, match: goldbean

Edited by RedskinsFan28

Since 1980:

Coincidence.

Between 1980 and 2004, we had 0 years of making the playoffs when we wore white pants for at least one home game. Then, in 2005, we wore white pants during home games down the stretch and made the playoffs. Conclusion, we played well and it had nothing to do with uniforms.

Coincidence.

Between 1980 and 2004, we had 0 years of making the playoffs when we wore white pants for at least one home game. Then, in 2005, we wore white pants during home games down the stretch and made the playoffs. Conclusion, we played well and it had nothing to do with uniforms.

:1stplace: Game, set, match: goldbean

Looks like its AirMayo with the win and TD washingtonredskins with the assist.

:rolleyes:

Edited by AirMayo21

Coincidence.

Huh? You've just proved my point.

Wearing white pants at home has no correlation to success. Spurrier and others did it without success; Gibbs did it with and without success.

I don't care if they wear white pants at home because it has no bearing on the outcome. See, we agree.

Unfortunately, the same cannot be said for burgundy jerseys at home.

When a relationship proves true for 29 straight years--through Pardee and Gibbs and Schottenheimer and Norv and Terry and Spurrier and Zorn--that's not a "coincidence," it's incontrovertible truth until proved otherwise.

I like the All whites

I like the All burgs ( a ton!)

I like White on Burg

I like Burg on White

I like the 75th anniv

I like the 70th anniv

I don't really like the Current helmet with Burg top and gold pants unless we use the dark gold like the 70th anniv...

Huh? You've just proved my point.

Wearing white pants at home has no correlation to success. Spurrier and others did it without success; Gibbs did it with and without success.

I don't care if they wear white pants at home because it has no bearing on the outcome. See, we agree.

Unfortunately, the same cannot be said for burgundy jerseys at home.

When a relationship proves true for 29 straight years--through Pardee and Gibbs and Schottenheimer and Norv and Terry and Spurrier and Zorn--that's not a "coincidence," it's incontrovertible truth until proved otherwise.

I now understand that rules...25 years of one result (not winning in white pants at home) isn't enough, but 29 years of one result (not winning in burgundy jerseys at home) is. Thanks!

I now understand that rules...25 years of one result (not winning in white pants at home) isn't enough, but 29 years of one result (not winning in burgundy jerseys at home) is. Thanks!

You are really confused, aren't you? The Skins didn't wear white pants at home for 25 years. The Skins wore white pants at home only seven seasons (please feel free to add any I'm missing): 1980 (when Jack Pardee introduced the white pants), 2001, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, and 2008. They made they playoffs two of the seven years. White pants at home have no correlation with winning. I'm not sure how I can make that any clearer to you.

The burgundy jerseys at home, on the other hand, have a 29-straight-season correlation with losing.

So your example is absolutely irrelevant.

Edited by goldbean
forgot last year

You are really confused, aren't you? The Skins didn't wear white pants at home for 25 years. The Skins wore white pants at home only seven seasons (please feel free to add any I'm missing): 1980 (when Jack Pardee introduced the white pants), 2001, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, and 2008. They made they playoffs two of the seven years. White pants at home have no correlation with winning. I'm not sure how I can make that any clearer to you.

The burgundy jerseys at home, on the other hand, have a 29-straight-season correlation with losing.

So your example is absolutely irrelevant.

The Skins introduced the white pants in 1979, not 1980. They wore burgundy jerseys at home in 1979 and '80, before Gibbs' arrival. They didn't wear white pants at home in 2007, as they wore white jerseys/burg pants or the Radio Shack throwbacks for all their home games that year.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

As I am a huge uniform nerd, I have whipped up many a uniform mock-up over the years. This one here, I just put together really quick after drinking a few cans of Yuengling. You see the can is a nice creamy gold color with burgundy on it. When you judge my simple mock up be aware that the gold is not shiny like 'vegas' gold. It is an off white creme. I feel like it keeps the classic uni and helmet intact, as well as keeping the bright gold trim in the ini and helmet. I just makes it look a little tougher and old skool.

I haven't done the away unis yet, I tried the creme colored jersey and it looks a little off. I hope I attached it right. What do you gents think of this:

[ATTACH]41704[/ATTACH]

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...