Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Merged x115 Adventures Of The Fashion Police Weekly aka THE Uniform Thread

RSkinsFan

1 minute ago, carex said:

your goal should be to make yourself comfortable more than your opponents uncomfortable.  This is the away uniform now

And yet we made the opponent comfortable by allowing them to wear their home unis in our house. Notwithstanding, they worn white on a hot and sunny day.

And clearly we're comfortable wearing white on burg. So. 

On September 13, 2016 at 9:22 PM, -JB- said:

Seriously, why doesn't Bruce Allen realize that the yellow pants are atrocious?  This isn't the 1970's anymore.  They look terrible.  The burgundy pants were a great look.  The Redskins glory years were in the burgundy pants.  Now we wear white jerseys with yellow pants?  What a joke.

??????????

First off, the "yellow" pants are far from "atrocious".  In fact, they look fantastic with the burgundy jerseys.

Second, the white on burgundy = as much mediocrity and losing as it does winning.  Let's not forget how "cool" the gold pants looked when they busted them out for the first time in years.  It was a "welcome" change to the "tired" white on burgundy look.

Having said that, like I've said numerous times in this thread, for home games, wear burgundy on gold.  For road games wear white on burgundy.

Mix it up now and then by using the other colors.... white on white, burgundy on burgundy, white on gold.  For something really crazy, bust out a gold jersey and wear it with the burgundy pants.

Essentially, out of 16 regular season games, and the 8 home games, the team should wear burgundy on gold for 6 of them.  For the Dallas home game, wear white on burgundy.  For the "alt" game, bust out the gold jerseys.

For the 8 road games, wear white on burgundy for like 6 of them.  For two, split it up and do white on white, and one road game white on gold.

Other than than, they need to fix the stripes - are we a 3 stripe team or a 2 stripe team? - and bada bing bada boom, the uniforms are perfect.

Long story short, burgundy, gold, white pants and jerseys.  Use those combos throughout the season, but with the majority of the time in burgundy on gold or white on burgundy.

2 hours ago, carex said:

we spent a decade in uniforms pretty much exactly like that and have a long history before that of colored pants

just re-read the post you were responding tool, people like red jersey, yellow pants.  I haven't seen many who like the white jersey with the yellow pants

those uniforms represent a Super Bowl and several division titles.  white on burgundy represent Gibbs 1 plus a couple of decent Pardee years, but they also represent Norv, and Marty and Spurrier and Gibbs2 and Zorn.  

I hope this set up lasts because it makes every game like a home game

The good thing about today's uniform is it allows us to wear it a lot, mostly because opponents wear their colors at home so it gives us the chance to wear these at home and away.

I don't like the yellow pants period! Especially with white, its just a horrible look.

Hec, I'd be happy with red over white or even white over white, but the yellow, no. Gawdy. And I don't link the uniforms to the latter years of Gibbs Zorn and Spurrier and their performance; I link the losing with Vinny and his poor choices.

Uniforms have absolutely no bearing on the game, unless yellow pants are involved, then you're just asking to lose. :)

4 minutes ago, skins island connection said:

The good thing about today's uniform is it allows us to wear it a lot, mostly because opponents wear their colors at home so it gives us the chance to wear these at home and away.

I don't like the yellow pants period! Especially with white, its just a horrible look.

Hec, I'd be happy with red over white or even white over white, but the yellow, no. Gawdy. And I don't link the uniforms to the latter years of Gibbs Zorn and Spurrier and their performance; I link the losing with Vinny and his poor choices.

Uniforms have absolutely no bearing on the game, unless yellow pants are involved, then you're just asking to lose. :)

tell that to tje Pack and Steelers. 

I HATE white pants.  They weren't good enough back in the day no matter how much I loved the burgundy jerseys.  I hate white on white from the Skins, I hated it from all those AFC teams that wore it in the 80

teams that wear white on whte should be penalized for being excessively boring

31 minutes ago, Diesel Hog said:

First off, the "yellow" pants are far from "atrocious".  In fact, they look fantastic with the burgundy jerseys.

Second, the white on burgundy = as much mediocrity and losing as it does winning.  Let's not forget how "cool" the gold pants looked when they busted them out for the first time in years.  It was a "welcome" change to the "tired" white on burgundy look.

Having said that, like I've said numerous times in this thread, for home games, wear burgundy on gold.  For road games wear white on burgundy.

Mix it up now and then by using the other colors.... white on white, burgundy on burgundy, white on gold.  For something really crazy, bust out a gold jersey and wear it with the burgundy pants.

Essentially, out of 16 regular season games, and the 8 home games, the team should wear burgundy on gold for 6 of them.  For the Dallas home game, wear white on burgundy.  For the "alt" game, bust out the gold jerseys.

For the 8 road games, wear white on burgundy for like 6 of them.  For two, split it up and do white on white, and one road game white on gold.

Other than than, they need to fix the stripes - are we a 3 stripe team or a 2 stripe team? - and bada bing bada boom, the uniforms are perfect.

Long story short, burgundy, gold, white pants and jerseys.  Use those combos throughout the season, but with the majority of the time in burgundy on gold or white on burgundy.

The yellow pants with the white jersey is atrocious. No way around that, man.

• Like 4

So if our throwbacks are in play this year, it looks like white pants are out according to the 3 pant rule stated earlier in this thread. 

I liked the white on gold at the beginning but I am over them now and think the home burgundy on gold with the road white on burgundy is a perfect combination for everyone. 

I loved seeing the uniforms from today! I've missed those burgundy pants! They look good, we have a winning tradition with them, and we won today. I hope to see them stay when we wear white jerseys. I'm hoping to see the white pants with burgundy jerseys again too. They look good and it's what we wore when we won our Superbowl's. Plus it fits better with the style in this day in age. It's rare to have both tradition and modern style fitting together and these uniforms do that. We have a long tradition of winning with these Redskins uniforms, and I hope to see them stay. Get rid of the ugly mustard pants for the most part. I'm OK if the mustard pants made a rare 1 time appearance per season but I want the burgundy/white pants to be our primary pants depending on the jersey color.

10 hours ago, carex said:

tell that to tje Pack and Steelers. 

I HATE white pants.  They weren't good enough back in the day no matter how much I loved the burgundy jerseys.  I hate white on white from the Skins, I hated it from all those AFC teams that wore it in the 80

teams that wear white on whte should be penalized for being excessively boring

Pitt's colors are a good contrasting color, and have not changed forever.

Green Bay's 'yellow' is actually Cheese gold, and I've never seen golden cheese.

Redskins colors are burgundy and gold; the pants are nothing close to gold they are pure yellow. And gawdy. They belong in the retro pile, it looks old, and yellow. The color scheme against the Giants is a far better look; there's just no way to deny it.

1 minute ago, skins island connection said:

Pitt's colors are a good contrasting color, and have not changed forever.

Green Bay's 'yellow' is actually Cheese gold, and I've never seen golden cheese.

Redskins colors are burgundy and gold; the pants are nothing close to gold they are pure yellow. And gawdy. They belong in the retro pile, it looks old, and yellow. The color scheme against the Giants is a far better look; there's just no way to deny it.

it's better than white and gold, not burgundy and gold. And I LIKE gawdy

8 hours ago, RansomthePasserby said:

We looked sharp today. White over burgundy, burgundy over gold is the way to go.

I said this along time ago that's what the uni combo should be. I don't mind the gold pants so much on the burgundy, that's fine with me, just not w/ the white top, that's atrocious.lol

1 hour ago, carex said:

it's better than white and gold, not burgundy and gold. And I LIKE gawdy

The whits and gold/yellow is horrible; it doesn't represent anything with the Redskins.

You like Gawdy?  You must have been a real fan simply watching the Redskins performance over the last 20 or so years, because for the most part its been just as gawdy...

• Like 1