Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Merged x115 Adventures Of The Fashion Police Weekly aka THE Uniform Thread

RSkinsFan

On September 13, 2016 at 9:59 PM, carex said:

I agree.  Hell, I'd like to see a yellow jersey with burgundy pants

That's going to be my madden combo lol

----

Panthers, Chargers, Cardinals and Lions have the best color rush jerseys IMO. I love those 4.

Edited by Momma There Goes That Man

I found this online (can't remember where) But I like!!! Stay with the gold pants at home and return the burgundy pants with away jersey. This pic has the burgundy stripe change to match helmet and some small other changes. imo this is perfect!!!

ajunk2_zps340f587e.png

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Tazhog said:

I found this online (can't remember where) But I like!!! Stay with the gold pants at home and return the burgundy pants with away jersey. This pic has the burgundy stripe change to match helmet and some small other changes. imo this is perfect!!!

ajunk2_zps340f587e.png

This is pretty spot on, and better than the current look.  I like that the stripes are cleaned up, that's the biggest thing.  However, rather than 3 stripes everywhere, I may take it to one.  Think Oakland... They have the single stripe on the helmet / pants, and no stripes on the socks.

I like white on burgundy for the primary road uniform.   I'd keep white on gold for road games every now and then though.  

Speaking of the gold used in that image, I like it.  It's darker than the current shade, but not that khaki gold color the Rams / 49ers / Redskins throwbacks use.

Speaking of the throwbacks, I would ditch them and bring back the white pants too (in addition to burgundy).  I don't mind all white for an occasional road game (maybe do all white for Thursday night games).

Lastly, my radical idea would be to introduce a gold jersey.  Then for like one home game, do gold jerseys / burgundy pants.

So the team would essentially don burgundy, gold, and white jerseys and pants, and be free to use any combo.  (I don't think I'd be a fan of gold on white, or gold on gold though).

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, Diesel Hog said:

This is pretty spot on, and better than the current look.  I like that the stripes are cleaned up, that's the biggest thing.  However, rather than 3 stripes everywhere, I may take it to one.  Think Oakland... They have the single stripe on the helmet / pants, and no stripes on the socks.

Thats because too many stripes and it would look like a prison outfit. 

I like white on burgundy for the primary road uniform.   I'd keep white on gold for road games every now and then though.  

White on gold? barf. Its not really a gold look, its more yellow.

Speaking of the gold used in that image, I like it.  It's darker than the current shade, but not that khaki gold color the Rams / 49ers / Redskins throwbacks use.

Speaking of the throwbacks, I would ditch them and bring back the white pants too (in addition to burgundy).  I don't mind all white for an occasional road game (maybe do all white for Thursday night games).

Lastly, my radical idea would be to introduce a gold jersey.  Then for like one home game, do gold jerseys / burgundy pants.

Gold jerseys? that would be completely gawdy looking.

White over burgundy or burgundy over white, but for all thats holy please ditch the yellow mustard gold-wannabe pants? It looks to be something outta the 60's.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Tazhog said:

ajunk2_zps340f587e.png

yes, this is what our uniforms should be

1 hour ago, skins island connection said:

White over burgundy or burgundy over white, but for all thats holy please ditch the yellow mustard gold-wannabe pants? It looks to be something outta the 60's.

no, I hate the white pants when we have a color option.  And white pants might mean someone decides a white on white uniform is a good idea which just shouldn't exist

sometimes I wish there was an unlike option

Edited by carex

White on white has been done  a couple of times before, during the Spurrier years.  And during the Zorn years, they wore all burgundy for a Monday night game with the Steelers.

Along with the color rush fad, the gold jersey would be perfect for inclement conditions, such as a snowy day in Buffalo, or a foggy day in Chicago. 

image.jpeg

• Like 1

On ‎9‎/‎16‎/‎2016 at 6:37 PM, carex said:

yes, this is what our uniforms should be

no, I hate the white pants when we have a color option.  And white pants might mean someone decides a white on white uniform is a good idea which just shouldn't exist

sometimes I wish there was an unlike option

I'm not really high on the white/white look, but I'd take it over this yellow crap any day of the week.

What about white pants with very wide burgundy & gold striping? Actually they could stripe both the outside and inside of the pants, making the white portion almost a stripe itself. Or even dual striping; burgundy, then gold next to it, then another burgundy.

I wish I knew how to design on a computer; I think that look would really catch on.

9 hours ago, skins island connection said:

I'm not really high on the white/white look, but I'd take it over this yellow crap any day of the week.

What about white pants with very wide burgundy & gold striping? Actually they could stripe both the outside and inside of the pants, making the white portion almost a stripe itself. Or even dual striping; burgundy, then gold next to it, then another burgundy.

I wish I knew how to design on a computer; I think that look would really catch on.

the white pants were lousy and vertical strips are a thing with really limitied appeal.  Increasing it  to the point the entire pants looked striped is not a good idea.  Gold/yellow pants are a must, it's that simple

Edited by carex

1 hour ago, carex said:

the white pants were lousy and vertical strips are a thing with really limitied appeal.  Increasing it  to the point the entire pants looked striped is not a good idea.  Gold/yellow pants are a must, it's that simple

A must? What are you talking about? Those things are horrible. I'm sick of that look. If the gold were closer to the Rams' gold, I'd maybe be ok with it. 

I really wish the team would modernize our uniforms. It's way overdue. And no more yellow pants please!

Edited by Ray-Ban Dan

13 minutes ago, Ray-Ban Dan said:

A must? What are you talking about? Those things are horrible. I'm sick of that look. If the gold were closer to the Rams' gold, I'd maybe be ok with it. 

I really wish the team would modernize our uniforms. It's way overdue. And no more yellow pants please!

those things are great and as for modernizing they follow the design of most NFL team with the sandwich strip on the side of the pants

3 minutes ago, carex said:

those things are great and as for modernizing they follow the design of most NFL team with the sandwich strip on the side of the pants

You think 53 players trotting out on to the field looking like Ronald McDonald is "great"? Guess we can agree to disagree.

And by modernize, I meant the overall uniform and helmet. Wasn't talking specifically about the pants.

1 minute ago, Ray-Ban Dan said:

You think 53 players trotting out on to the field looking like Ronald McDonald is "great"? Guess we can agree to disagree.

And by modernize, I meant the overall uniform and helmet. Wasn't talking specifically about the pants.

most of the NFL attempts at "modernizing" have been total failures

18 minutes ago, carex said:

most of the NFL attempts at "modernizing" have been total failures

That's your opinion. I can give several examples of changes that turned out well. I'll start with the Bills: I think they have the best looking uniforms in the NFL now. Those blue pants are amazing. And I like the old school logo they have on helmet. They get an A+ from me.

Also like what the Lions did with their latest changes. Same with the Rams, Vikings, Giants, Eagles, and Seahawks.

The Jags uniforms aren't bad either. I just can't get onboard with the two-tone helmet. The Panthers, who entered the league with the Jags, have nice uniforms. But why they have never gone with a black helmet, I'll never know. 

Edited by Ray-Ban Dan
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, Ray-Ban Dan said:

That's your opinion. I can give several examples of changes that turned out well. I'll start with the Bills: I think they have the best looking uniforms in the NFL now. Those blue pants are amazing. And I like the old school logo they have on helmet. They get an A+ from me.

Also like what the Lions did with their latest changes. Same with the Rams, Vikings, Giants, Eagles, and Seahawks.

The Jags uniforms aren't bad either. I just can't get onboard with the two-tone helmet. The Panthers, who entered the league with the Jags, have nice uniforms. But why they have never gone with a black helmet, I'll never know. 

the Bills uniforms are a throwbck after a failed modernization attempts.  The Giants are also old school.

For some reason I'm not a bit fan of the recents dark uniform pants a lot of teams are sporting.  Thet seem to be missing something

37 minutes ago, Ray-Ban Dan said:

I agree. I think most turned out well outside of the Jags helmets and the Bucs alarm clock uniforms. 

Seattle, Cleveland, Buffalo, are the best changes for me

There are some I hate though. The Eagles and Rams updates were fine but I wish the kept the design and went back to their older shade of colors. The 99 Rams look win their old bright colors was much better than the current look. Same for Philly, they should keep the design the same now and go back to the the light green and gray, maybe even keep black accents so they can have their black alternate in tact