Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

To Mark Brunell: Thanks for the Memories (merged)

s0crates

They're doing it now. They're having a pity party to commiserate with one another. Look at all their brown noses.

To paraphrase Sam Wyche: "Cut it out we're not $%#@ Cowboys fans." Some of you disgust me, it isn't easy to be benched when you've had a career like Brunnell. So let's look at some great memories from the Pre-Brunnell years:

Heath Schuler: Holds out most of training camp becomes synomous with QB Busts

Gus Frerrote :gus:: Enough said

Brad Johnson: got ran out of town in favor of the Milk carton Jeff George, that worthless POS Tom Arnold Look alike

Jeff George: "Leadership is overrated."

Tony Banks: Fumble Tony Banks

Shane and Danny: Next!

Ramsey: The playbook

-Delay of game

-false start

-sack

-time out

-stupid interception

Tim Hasselbeck: We got the wrong hasselbeck

Mark,

Time caught up with you, if guts and brains could win on their own you'd be unbeaten. Unfortunately injuries have hit you hard, too bad you never got that ring, I hope you stay here as a coach

Well this thread was nice until OldSkool, Spidernat, and Redskins4lyf showed up. Thanks for being total jerks! Brunell's career is finished. We get to see Campbell now.

Why try to ruin a heartfelt fairwell? If you still feel the need to bash Brunell, even now that his superb career is over, I wish you wouldn't do it in this thread.

Brunell endurred a lot of sh*t here, and he handled himself well.

I really don't get the hate from some fans...I think it all goes back to first impressions. People didn't like the signing to begin with and he played so horribly in 2004 that no matter what he did after that, some fans would never be able to truly like/root for him and would look to place blame on him whenever things went wrong, but always came up with excuses for why Brunell was not a reason for things that went right.

The bottom line is that he quarterbacked the only playoff team this decade, and put together the best season (number's wise) of any Redskin quarterback this decade. He was horrible in 2004, played very well in 2005, and while not that bad in 2006, it is clear his confidence has been shot and his skills are in decline.

However, the 2005 season was certainly memorable and he stepped up in some truly big games that I certainly will never forget.

For all the losers in this thread (and there's many of them), just remember that the Redskins have had 2 QB's in the past 100 years (its seems) that were able to simply lead the team to the playoffs.

And, oh, they've had many QB's try.

1 of those 2 QB's was Mark Brunell.

Oh yea, Boonell really led us to the playoffs last year with his 200+ yard passing games. Lets see, how many times during that 5 game win streak did he throw over 200 yards..........hmmmm NONE.

21/36 163 yards

18/28 122 yards

12/20 163 yards

07/11 112 yards

09/25 141 yards

Oh yea, he really led us to the playoffs with those passing stats there. :rolleyes: Thanks Mark!

FIne.....I don't hate Brunell as a person, but as a QB he sucked a whole lot...will never forget the 2 wins against the cowpukes but comeon, it wasn't like he was this great franchise QB we had like Brett Favre to the Packers.......come on now no need to get all wishy washy and stuff. :cheers:

Oh yea, he really led us to the playoffs with those passing stats there. :rolleyes: Thanks Mark!
Mark Brunell has been benched. What exactly are you trying to prove? What are you still fighting for?

Now that Jason Campbell's time has come and Mark Brunell's time is up, I started this thread so we could look back on Brunell's long and respectable NFL career. Why spoil that now? What do you hope to accomplish by kicking the man while he is down?

Nice man. Real nice. :mad:

Yeah, thanks for throwing for like 60 yards against Tampa in the playoffs. Thanks for not playing like crap as you did in the beginning of last season, allowing us to win despite your efforts otherwise. Thanks for saving Joe Gibbs life in Jacksonville, with that you cashed in-KUDOS. Thanks for wasting 2 1/2 years of my Redskin fan experience. Thank you for helping put my team in salary cap hell. Thank you for soft tossing that pass to Roy Williams in Dallas. And finally thank you for your undying love for your own career and what is best for you. YOUR OUTTA HERE. Don't let the door knob hit ya.............

I really don't think there's much room in this thread for people getting in "one more shot" at Brunell.

He's not playing well, there's no doubt about that. He shouldn't play any more for us, there's no doubt about that. But he's also a good human being who did some great things for the Washington Redskins and the sport of football in general, as well as lay it on the line for this franchise. Just because he can no longer get the job done is no reason to turn your back on the man's character and the great moments he's helped to provide for a lot of people on this forum.

With that, I say thank you to Mark Brunell. God bless in the rest of your life after football.

Mark Brunell has been benched. What exactly are you trying to prove? What are you still fighting for?

Now that Jason Campbell's time has come and Mark Brunell's time is up, I started this thread so we could look back on Brunell's long and respectable NFL career. Why spoil that now? What do you hope to accomplish by kicking the man while he is down?

Nice man. Real nice. :mad:

Im trying to prove that Boonell had nothing to do with this teams playoff run last year. Many of you seem to think he was the sole reason this team was in the playoffs last year.

Trust me, I'm more than overly joyed that Campbell is starting, but there are still some people on this board who wont admit that Boonell sucked the first year he was here, last year, and this year....wait that highlights his whole Redskins career, so he basically wasted 3 1/2 years for us skins fans.

Way to go Mark!

Wow, this post not only made me relive some of those wonderful memories, it truly made me respect Mark as one of the better QB's in a while. Thank's s0crates, I'll look forward to reading some more of your posts, this is one of the classiest posts I have ever seen on this message board and show's how your are a true Redskins fan.

Have you jerks no respect for 3 wins against dallas for which Brunell was a contributor? He was a big reason why the Redskins ruined dallass' season last year. He ripped their hearts out in dallas. How many wins did we have against dallas in the ten years prior to MB? What is wrong with you people?

Wow, this post not only made me relive some of those wonderful memories, it truly made me respect Mark as one of the better QB's in a while. Thank's s0crates, I'll look forward to reading some more of your posts, this is one of the classiest posts I have ever seen on this message board and show's how your are a true Redskins fan.

Is this " Leave it to Beaver" or something. "Brunell was a swell guy, ah shucks Mrs Cleaver. Does Mark have to go?" " Yes he does Wally.":puke:

As much crap as I've given Brunell....and almost all of it was deserved.

He did give us a miracle win over dallas ON the triplets ring day-that I will be eternally greatful for. He also played a few decent games and helped get us to the playoffs (often in spite of himself).

For that I will say thanks.

(Now let me help you to the exit. No dreams of beating anyone out in the preseason this year. It's time. Buh-bye)

I've always liked Mark. I think he's had an incredible career! He's won a more than a few for us here even after what should be considered a great run in Jacksonville. I still think that Brunell has more to contribute to either the Redskins or some other NFL team. But I also believe that we are at a crossroads. We have our second first-round draft pick QB in just a few short years to consider. We are faced with a one-more-loss and the season is DEFINITELY over scenario. I believe that at least this point, the move to Campbell is necessary!

It is obvious that something on offense isn't working as we are now. Who's to say that changing QB's won't provide a much-needed spark in this underperforming offense?

As to Mark: I don't think your NFL career is over. I don't even think you're done here in DC. But the team needs to make changes now to have any hopes of the post-season. QB probably isn't even our biggest problem right now, but this team is flailing in almost every way, on both sides of the ball.

Archived