Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

To Mark Brunell: Thanks for the Memories (merged)

s0crates

I'm really impressed by the response this thread has generated. Despite our frustration, I think most 'skins fans have appreciated Mark's effort. Campbell's time has come, but its good to see that everybody (well, most everybody anyway) appreciated last season's incredible run.

if it's that easy - you F'n moron - that how come nobody else could............ever!

you suck you know nothing about football - go bury yourself

Mad cause you know its true? I'm guessing thats why you'd rather resort to name calling than use actual facts to try to disprove me? :(

Seriously your 32 and you talk like a 15 year old? So lemme guess, you saw the age section when you signed up and thought if you posed as someone older, you'd get more respect around here?....nice try, your still a F'n idiot.

Go back through my posts on this thread and check out how ...much of a self focused, self concerned a-hole I am.

I've read your stuff Jumbo. Your self-regard is impressive, but I don't believe you are a fitting arbiter of what consitutes wit. I've been killing 'em today. I'm really on fire. I always hoped that when the big day came, I'd rise to the challenge, and I'm doing my best. I might have a few more left in me too, unless you want to use your special powers to eject me from the site or something.

Obviously your a nutless wonder trying to provoke fights with other chatters. The purpose of the thread was stated at the top. If you don't have the testicles to stick to it, start your own thread. Then you won't have to urinate on this one with your worthless, witless, and nutless posting style. Go root for the brokebacks until you become a sensible human being. Do you know what being inappropriate is? That's you in a nutshell. You have changed the focus of the thread from the topic to 'look everyone what an a-hole I am being and am too self absorbed and wrapped up in my feelings and personal right to be a prick to even care about it!' We got it, we know you are self obsessed, and an a-hole. Message received. Now go away.

Hope you don't have kids, if you did your self centeredness would just produce another child beater most likely, something this world doesn't need. Go away dude. Find another thread. Or better yet, instead of ruining someone else's purpose for their thread with no regard for their repeated requests for you to not do that, go start your own wondrous invention so the favor can be returned. I am sure it will be enlightening and wondrous for all 10 seconds it last on the board. Your acting like a 18 yr old narcissistic, snot mouth punk. It doesn't take wit to be a snide, immature, disrepectful butt wipe. You seem to have your degrees and perceptions of vital comprehension confused.

I bet your boss fired you recently, and will do so again soon. People with your tude don't last and help no organization. Mark makes this one better simply due to character and heart, regardless of his age and it's consequences. The fact that you cannot recognize that, tells me you are not a leader of any significance. You don't even know what is important yet. Grow up. Life is too short to stay like you are.

tpgskins--Go back through my posts on this thread and check out how much name calling I engaged in.
I had read the entire thread. And then checked your posts over when I decided to make my comment. I never accused you of “name-calling”. Why you act like that was an issue, is merely circumvention and distraction from what I did say.
I'm not the one lowering the level of discourse.

Obviously, we disagree. I have some credibility in ejudicating such things, you have none that I am aware of, or that has ever been evidenced.

Sorry for not wanting to indulge the fantasy that Brunell was ever worth a darn in Redskins uniform.

Again, another straw man. This seems to be one of your main defense mechanisms.

Unprovoked?

Yes. The members referred to were not attacking you, your posts, or your opinions. They were simply being positive toward another person who is a Redskin. You enter and attack their posts and opinions. The attacks (called that due to being insulting and demeaning reactions) were “unprovoked." That’s why I used the word.

More like provoked by two and half years of bad play and lame excuses.

Another circumvention. The posters you brought the battle to were not Mark Brunell, nor had they done anything to tpgskins for 2 ½ years.

Now there were many threads you could do "brunell sucks" posts in (there always are every day) to vent if you can't control it at all ever, but you chose to go after their thoughts in this thread specifically. Get it?

You bet such is normal for an internet message board. Especially lower quality boards where “flaming” is considered part of the regular menu. If that’s your taste, you will remain at a low-quality poster level.

Inappropriate? This is an Internet message board for Pete's sake, and I haven't called anyone an idiot or used any profanity

Again, you protest things you weren’t accused of, and, again, this is not "any ole internet board"--which may be why you are having a hard time properly comprehending what I wrote. Extreemskins has never positioned itself as any old internet board, and in fact, takes pride in going to great lengths to do the hard work required so that it does offer a higher level of quality interaction. And it is work.

Anti-fellow member?

Yes, you were, as you posts clearly show.

Very simplistic fashion? We both know that one's not even remotely accurate, particularly if we're confining ourselves to the relevant universe of posts on this message board.
It could hardly be a more fitting description of your general offerings in the thread. Even your phrase here--“relevant universe of posts on this message board”, while elaborate for you, is of fairly remedial order.
I would need to first throw a couple of my degrees in the garbage, pick up the latest vulgar slang, and get a Number 8 tattooed on my chest.
For you, this is clever material apparently. The prosecution rests.
I've read your stuff Jumbo.
Many people have, so that buys you little.
Your self-regard is impressive
Self-regard is not an effective descriptor, really, and self-esteem is mis- and overused, but self-worth works well, and if by impressive you mean "realistic and healthy" then I would agree.
but I don't believe you are a fitting arbiter of what constitutes wit.
Your affinity for poor judgment continues.
I've been killing 'em today. I'm really on fire.
Yup, just ask you, or that one other guy.
I might have a few more left in me too, unless you want to use your special powers to eject me from the site or something
You finish here as you began. You have been consistent.

Now listen, all this aside, I really said what mattered in my original post. Do with it as you will, now that we have danced this dance.

Thanks Jumbo and others who have helped me to keep this thread positive.

I just can't believe some people. To be so passionate about kicking a dude while he's down and doing anything humanly possible to keep others from sympathizing is INSANE. It's sickening really.

Well, Mark Brunell is my favorite player and the Redskins are still mathimatically in the playoff hunt so go Skins...this year 7 in a row!

Although I don't think Brunell was the biggest problem on the team, he certainly wasn't a risk taker (as in throwing deep or stretching the defensive), but he is/was a good leader. I wish Jason Campbell the best of luck and hope that Brunell mentors him to be a good player.

I hope Mark doesn't let ugly hearted shallow minded fans chase him away or get him down. We need guys like him around the organization, whether playing, mentoring, coaching, setting an example as a human being, or a bit of all of the above.

I remember in one of our best years with theismann, kilmer started some of the games and they both contributed to our success immensely.

It was a somewhat depressing day when I woke up because I had a feeling the change would occur, logged on redskins.com and saw gibbs had finally pulled the plug. I guess it's weird after following the guy since 96 as my favorite quarterback next to Jeff Hostetler get benched half way through the season but there is nothing as a fan you can do. So to mark, for the countless memorable runs I saw you do in a Jaguar uniform to the 4 minute multiple td passes you threw to beat those f'n ****y cowboys last year as a Redskin I thank you for the memories.

But Most of all I thank you for putting up with how badly at times the fans here have treated you. It's weird reading through this thread seeing so many guys who would blame you for everything under the sun finally saying thanks but you truly are a great man with a strong will to put up with the things you put up with since coming to Washington D.C.

Thanks Mark :)

Yes, thank you Brunell (great post) Mark Brunell has been my favorite player since his days in Jaxonville, the jags and the skins have always been my favorite 2 teams, 1 afc 1 nfc and when I heard brunell was coming to washington I was really excited. Brunell is definatley one of the most underated QB's in this league and i will miss him. I know he will handle his replacement the right way because he is that kind of a guy. Thanks for being my favorite player brunell, and your legacy will live on with Campbell and Leftwhich...but the #8 jersey will always hang on my room.

If only some of these fans could be as classy as Brunell... He was awesome last year, and he was decent this year. If our team was more like the Bears right now (great running game, great defense, just like we THOUGHT we would have this year), he could have taken us to the Super Bowl.

I'm sure he probably agrees that this move is in the best interest of the team. It might not be the best move for the year, but sometimes you have to cut your losses and look to the future.

Clint

Thank you, Mark Brunell, for throwing this season down the toilet and acting like an arrogant prick while doing so.

Also, thank you for ruining the 2003-2004 season.

And oh yeah, thanks for being such a good Christian.

Good riddance.

Archived