Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

To Mark Brunell: Thanks for the Memories (merged)

s0crates

Nice Post sOcrates , one of the better post in quite some time on this board :cheers:

Although I was a Brunell supporter and everyone including myself could see that MB's time had come to make way for what i hope is a bright and successful future for J.C. and our beloved Redskins. M.B. will not be forgotten by the fans that supported him in the time he has started in a Redskins uniform . 2005 will be forever a wonderful memory that i as a life long Redskins fan will remember . One that i'd hoped would continue into this season. However as we have seen, that has not happen. All the blame can not be dumped on M.B. but thats not the way alot of people will see things . :rolleyes: . Our once top 5 defense has vanished . Our O-line at times has be spuratic , and Portis has been injured throughtout the year. The list goes on , but this thread is not about all that . Its is suppose to be about Mark Brunell and thanking him for what he's done for this team. The sad part about that is that alot of people forget to soon .

Here's to you Mark :cheers: hoping you stay on to tutor our young J.C. :notworthy and if ever called upon again for whatever reason you come back and prove to the haters that they were wrong about you .

:point2sky

Thank you for Dallas. Thank you for throwing those two bombs to Moss. Thank you for running for 25 yards on 3rd-and-27 to keep the game alive.

Thank you for two great road performances, giving us a chance, in Kansas City and Denver last year.

Thank you for destroying Dallas at Fed Ex last year, giving all the fans a chance to brag for an entire year.

Thank you for your willingness to give Moss a chance in OT vs. Jacksonville.

Thank you for not worrying about whether a bunch of message board dummies think you are worthy of playing time.

Thank you for sticking with Gibbs and the team and not pointing fingers during the bad times.

Thank you for being such a class act and not disrupting the team when you were benched in 2004 and yesterday.

Most of all, thank you for not giving up. I can only hope that has rubbed off on some of the other players and they continue to fight as you did.

Good, classy post.

It's not Brunell's doing that he was named the starter. He did his best. The decision to keep playing him, and the team's lack of production as a result, falls all on Gibbs.

This statement sums it all up. Brunell played the best that he could. Those who say they "hate" him or believe that he should have benched himself do not understand the game.

Thank You Mark!

Mark, I would like to thank you for giving us all you had left to give. I would like to thank you for taking us back to the playoffs, last year. Something we hadn't done in this decade. Thank you for giving us a 3-1 record the last two years against the Cowboys. I don't think there is any Redskins QB that can say they did that in the last ten years.

Mark, you have had a great career. Now, you have a great opportunity. You can become a great tutor for Jason, so he can one day thank you for what you taught him.

Good luck Mark.

This was a great post and thread, but was unfortunately it has been semi-hijacked by the ignorant ones again.

To Mark, thank you for all you have done and given and had to deal with as the QB of the Redskins. I apologize for the classlessness and ignorance of some of the "fans." Please know, that though they seem to multiply on this board uncontrollably, there are many MORE Redskins fans with respect, dignity, class, and appreciation out htere than those who have proven to not possess any of these virtues, along with patience.

Best of luck to you Mark. You have had a stellar career, the best out of most of the QB's that have strarted for this team in the past 20 years. You should have been in the Pro-Bowl last season, but were out voted in favor of Michael Vick, a player whose career will not be able to touch yours with a candle when it is over. Yet again, proof of the ignorance of today's football fans.

Thank you Mark for answering my question during your chat with Extremeskins!!! Thank you for the Monday Night Miracle last yr... I WILL NEVER FORGET THAT GAME!!! Thank you for being a classy guy and please know that not all of Redskin nation hates you, it's just your time to help this franchise in other ways.

Many of us couldn't wait for Brunell to be benched, but that doesn't mean we hate the guy. Very professional individual and I am sure he passed on alot of knowledge to Campbell. He had a great year, should have been Pro Bowl selection, last year. Looked bad in the playoffs, but he was playing injured. Nonetheless, thank you Mark for your contribution to the team and good luck.

:logo:

Obviously your a nutless wonder trying to provoke fights with other chatters. The purpose of the thread was stated at the top. If you don't have the testicles to stick to it, start your own thread. Then you won't have to urinate on this one with your worthless, witless, and nutless posting style. Go root for the brokebacks until you become a sensible human being. Do you know what being inappropriate is? That's you in a nutshell. You have changed the focus of the thread from the topic to 'look everyone what an a-hole I am being and am too self absorbed and wrapped up in my feelings and personal right to be a prick to even care about it!' We got it, we know you are self obsessed, and an a-hole. Message received. Now go away.

Hope you don't have kids, if you did your self centeredness would just produce another child beater most likely, something this world doesn't need. Go away dude. Find another thread. Or better yet, instead of ruining someone else's purpose for their thread with no regard for their repeated requests for you to not do that, go start your own wondrous invention so the favor can be returned. I am sure it will be enlightening and wondrous for all 10 seconds it last on the board. Your acting like a 18 yr old narcissistic, snot mouth punk. It doesn't take wit to be a snide, immature, disrepectful butt wipe. You seem to have your degrees and perceptions of vital comprehension confused.

Wow--what he said. The only thing is, Redskingluvr forgot the cardinal rule-always write at the appropriate reading level for your intended audience. Therefore, I'll paraphrase it so that even Tpgskins can understand it.

Stop being a smacktard!!!

Good post, i love the guy he has heart, hes just gettin old. BEST OF LUCK MARK.

I don't think he's getting old. He has seemed very nervous though and he just needed to calm down. Who knows, he might get another chance elsewhere and just make us look foolish like Trent Greene or however you spell his name. He's not injured or anything from what I can see. If anything, it may be time to change out some of the OL with the exception of Randy Thomas. He's my favorite one because he openly tries his best to motivate in a positive way. I'm sure other ones do it as well like Chris Samuels , however there is only so much you can do.

Going to miss you Mark.

Obviously Boonell didn't either with his benching...

Just a short history lesson of a class QB and his history:

Due to losses of games from Ramsey - Fans asked for Brunell - he played

2005 - With all the teams effort - Brunell at the helm - we went to the playoffs

2006 - 22 straight passes - record setting; and most important - We beat Dallas

There is much much more - "classy QB", Represented Redskins with the press well - under so much pressure from fans and posts on this board - not to mention the media BS.

When someone has a career such as this football - allot to offer for experience and savvy - its hard to put the ball down and say "nuff". I will offer up a similiar situation "of sorts" - Troy Aikman. Didn't want to give up something he has always known and played.

From life experience, you will find out one day that saying "I'm old and washed up" isn't what you want to think of yourself - nor do you want to hear that is what others think of you - and then they put it in print.................

Mark has a heart, Mark has a family - his own private family and the Redskin family; the last time I heard - family is who helps you recover and refocus- but thats my opinion and values on "family".

Who's your family?

Reality check folks- Mark is a scape goat for poor management. Instead of taking responsibility for their lack of management skills, they are blaming the one visibile person on the team- Mark Brunell. Read- Its all about blame, the owners need to shake things up to save them from a failed investment from the "git-go" and that is over M. Saunders and his 700 page play book. If Mr Gibbs were to step back into the actual coaching and removed M. Saunders from the management of the offense, the Redskins stats would be fantastic right now. Review Mondays Washington Post for more details concering the changes that have happened within the team. What good is a playbook and Millions of Dollars if it is costing you the "W"? Is it Brunell's fault? No- it is management not taking repsonsibility and really looking at their mistakes. The players bust their tail, including Mark Brunell, he knows what is on the line and every play called is made by the man upstairs- calling the shot, not the QB. So instead of doing the right thing, make a scape goat and blame it on the QB, even though he isn't the one calling the plays? How truly shaming by the management- they need to take responsibility for their choices made prior to this season by brining in AL Saunders- that is where the fault lays. The R-Skins when directly "Coached" by Joe Gibbs made it to the play-offs last year- the only difference MAJOR between this year and last (besides the L's) is Al Saunders- the million dollar mistake. Terminate his contract, let Joe get back into doing what he is supposed to do- "COACH" and let the Redskins win- again. Instead of idiotic plays that don't work, taking motivated players and switching their positions which they were very familiar with, to non-effective positions which limit their potentials aka- Chris Cooley- and focusing on the power houses of the team- which we all know well. It isn't about the QB, its about blame- and sure that is the business but the reality of it is- getting rid of Al Saunders and that costly mistake. Sure Brunell, messed up- this past game- but only one interception in the past six games and they bench him? This is how management acts responsible- "blame the troops when they are in command"?

You need a reality check, the reason why the plays were called the way they were was to compensate for Brunell. In the Al Saunders scheme the intermediate and middle routes by the recievers are big in this offense, and for some reason Brunell doesn't throw the ball over the middle. Everything is towards the sideline, and he also doesn't push the ball down the field, which is also a requirement in the Saunders offfense. You have to have a QB that is will to take the big shot down field and stand in the pocket. You also have to have a Qb that can make quick decisions and that is accurate with the ball, which Brunell is neither. You seem to forget that last year Gibbs called the plays and we still didn't get great production by the offense during the stretch run. Remember the Tampa playoff game from last year? Brunell didn't have anymore left in his tank, and Gibbs should have realized that last year. So alot of this falls on Gibbs and being stubborn and sticking with Brunell instead of making the change. The change should have been made 3 weeks ago IMO. But to blame Saunders is not fair, his system has worked every where else, and with the talent we have it should also work here. It all starts and ends with the QB, plain and simple.

Archived