Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

To Mark Brunell: Thanks for the Memories (merged)

s0crates

Consumate pros retire when their skills leave them. Think John Elway. Brunell selfishly stayed around three years longer than he had a right to. Jacksonville's personnel people recognized this. Too bad Washington's didn't.

I'll give you visuals so you will understand - :pooh:

You're the fan that makes us dedicated to professionalism do:anon:

So:ciao:

Because you wouldn't want your boss or co worker to do this to you :hammer: , or perhaps you're into that.:2cents:

I have been a 'Skin fan for more than 30+years - you analogy of your ego flustrations is not welcome here - perhaps Dallas could use ya;) because the majority of their fans don't like the Redskins efforts either.

Yeah, I can't wait for Socrates to send one of his patented love letters to Adam Archuletta once he's done. And aren't you behind schedule in getting your Danny Wuerffel post up? Those were some good memories. And Kent Graham. What a pro. Thanks for the memories, Kent!

We celebrate a bum. This is who we are. I'm sick.

Brunell has done good things here. Archuleta has not. Your an idiot if you hate Brunell so much to think that he has done as much as AA or Wuerffel.

Mark came here at the end of his career. He had a great career and is getting to the hard part of any career. Respect is in order.

Maybe some of the bitter posters are being nasty cuz they in their 30s and still don't have one. Some are in their teens and need smacked upside the head, learn some respect. You have 1400 other threads on which to be a-holes, pick one and go. It's only funny to be nasty at a time like this to lowlifes, which apparently have now gained internet access and learned to type. Sad day for us all.

This thread was started because Mark is going out, this is the first step of a hard part of life for folks who hit the age barrier for their career. It was meant to honor him, which is the respectable thing to do at this point.

Anything nasty and negative at that point is below classless, it is the work of virtueless pigs and lowlifes with no real future of their own. Get some honor and decency, better yet, grow a set, cuz I bet in real life u r chikin ****s, most people who r all nasty like that at wrong moments on the net lack a set and r bitter teenie weenied losers and wussies in real life......it was an itsy bitsy bitsy teenie weenie......

Bashing him and bringing up stats now that he is moving on, just shows what pathetic buttwipes some of u are. Congratulations, you ruined a thread meant to be nice, just like you probably ruined your marraige, your own careers, and spoiled your bedsheets when alone.......

I have a stat for ya, one of every four posters here acted like completely self absorbed, inconsiderate, a-holes who need a smack upside the head. I am ashamed that some of your are redskins fans. Go away faster than Brunell please. Being a worthless pig doesn't make you a skins fan. It just makes you a worthless, classless pig. I swear that worthless scumbag David Martin has multiplied himself somehow.....

Sounds like a guy that likes going 6-10. I mean 4-12. Thanks Mark!

Im still probably going to buy his jersey when it's on clearance. Say what you will about this season but Mark Brunell was the veteran leader who finally brought our team close to what it used to be. After years as the division punching bag, he led us to a 5-1 division record while posting the best numbers of his career. He even brought us within a play of the NFC championship game.

Thankyou Brunell, for the great memories and for your contribution towards restoring our franchise to respectability. You're a class act and it's a shame your career couldn't end on better terms and an even bigger shame that so many people don't appreciate your accomplishments. When we finally return to the super bowl, I hope they send you an extra ring.

:applause:

Mark Brunell, a Joe Gibbs guy and a true Redskin.

I don't get some of you on this board. Most of us agree that Brunell hasn't played well enough for us this year. But is that a reason to take personal shots at the man right after he gets benched? If someone did that to you when you get laid off or fired you would be pissed and rightfully so. Yes, Brunell should be benched. But to kick a man when he's down is below classless. Anyway, this thread was started to THANK Brunell for his positive contributions over the past three years (yes there were some). Why can't you respect that? I guess you weren't cheering last year when we beat the cowboys (twice), or when we beat Seattle in OT, or when we went on our 5 game winning streak to get in the PLAYOFFS for the first time in six years! Even though I'm happy Campell is starting, I can find things to appreciate about MB. He broke the Dallas jinx and got us 10 wins and a playoff berth, for God's sake.

Let your hatred for the man go already! We got our wish, HE'S NOT STARTING ANYMORE!!

I agree I may have been a little hard on Mark, but this farewell tour crap is ridiculous. I didn't see this much pity for other position players that have been cut because of bad performances. This dude received a huge signing bonus to come here, when he was going to get cut by Jacksonville. So the only person that should feel bad is Snyder because he wrote that check and it is coming out of YOUR hide on the back end. So spare me the "Memories of Mark Brunell". Step aside and let the young buck handle this. Win or Lose, it just feels right. HTTR.

I don't get some of you on this board. Most of us agree that Brunell hasn't played well enough for us this year. But is that a reason to take personal shots at the man right after he gets benched? If someone did that to you when you get laid off or fired you would be pissed and rightfully so. Yes, Brunell should be benched. But to kick a man when he's down is below classless. Anyway, this thread was started to THANK Brunell for his positive contributions over the past three years (yes there were some). Why can't you respect that? I guess you weren't cheering last year when we beat the cowboys (twice), or when we beat Seattle in OT, or when we went on our 5 game winning streak to get in the PLAYOFFS for the first time in six years! Even though I'm happy Campell is starting, I can find things to appreciate about MB. He broke the Dallas jinx and got us 10 wins and a playoff berth, for God's sake.

Let your hatred for the man go already! We got our wish, HE'S NOT STARTING ANYMORE!!

Great post GlennBrenner. Your namesake would be proud. The rest of these classless chaps should just :stfu:

The image of that 70 yard bomb to Moss is etched in our memories for years to come, and the push to the playoffs gave us all reasons to smile and believe once again.

Things didn't exactly work-out for this year and that is tough for us to take. However you carried yourself with class and never stooped to the level of Ryan Leaf for that I will never forget you.

God Bless you and your Family.

I can't express how much fun I'm having reading this thread. Watching the Brunellites hysterically lament the death throes of the unholy Gibbs/Brunell pact almost -- almost -- makes up for having to endure two and half years of this bum at QB. I just admire the spirit of the Brunell lover. I mean sure, your effort to have him installed as Permanent Starter For Life took a hit today, but you're still out there supportin' your guts out. On the bright side, Brunell appears to want to play until he dies, so maybe one of you can talk him into quarterbacking your flag football team next year. Start working on your underneath routes.

Thanks Brunell for the memories of 2005. Your leadership got us 2 wins against Dallas and in the playoffs for the first time since 99. You are a true leader and gentleman. Its a shame you and Joe Gibbs didn't hook up a few years earlier in Washington, but you will always have a place in the heart of real Redskins fans. Kudos #8.

tpgskins, you're in the wrong thread. You should leave. And take Playboy1972 with you.

Yeah, and Mark was in the wrong jersey, but I had to deal with that and you have to deal with this. I hope when I leave Socrates posts a "Thank you tpgskins" thread.

I can't express how much fun I'm having reading this thread. Watching the Brunellites hysterically lament the death throes of the unholy Gibbs/Brunell pact almost -- almost -- makes up for having to endure two and half years of this bum at QB. I just admire the spirit of the Brunell lover. I mean sure, your effort to have him installed as Permanent Starter For Life took a hit today, but you're still out there supportin' your guts out. On the bright side, Brunell appears to want to play until he dies, so maybe one of you can talk him into quarterbacking your flag football team next year. Start working on your underneath routes.
Yeah, and Mark was in the wrong jersey, but I had to deal with that and you have to deal with this. I hope when I leave Socrates posts a "Thank you tpgskins" thread.

Dude you are killing me... :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I literally have tears in my eyes... And it isn't from the farewell pity party...

Most people that posted appropriate notes in this thread were glad J.C. was named starter. It's just that they aren't as socially tone deaf as you are.

Nice post.

Indeed. Thank you Mr Brunell for an awesome season last year. The winds against the Cowboys are some of the sweetest Redskins moments we have. First time in a decade we beat them, not only did we beat them we swept them. Thank you sir, you're a class act. Please ignore your detractors, stay a while longer in DC and help Jason Campbell build his character and experience. You are the kind of player that the Redksins used to be about, a class act who puts it all on the line for the team.

I hope we continue to see you working with the team, working with Jason on the sidelines and in practice, helping him with the benefit of your experience.

Thank you.

I'm hoping if I ignore him he'll go away.

I geuss maybe I should thank him for continually bumping my thread.

Most people that posted appropriate notes in this thread were glad J.C. was named starter. It's just that they aren't as socially tone deaf as you are.

Socrates, I dig your thread brother. I've been waiting for it for two and a half years. And Dan T., here's the kicker: I'm not even that into Campbell. I don't really have a lot of faith in him (why hasn't been good enough to crack the lineup until now?) and I'm not excited for the Jason Campbell Era. The end of the Mark Brunell Era, however, is thrilling. Man oh man, Christmas came early this year.

Yeah I wish Brunell could have had a better season and made at least one more run at it. He is definetly one of the best QBs to play for the skins in awhile and you can't argue that he put the skins in best position to win. Thanks for the memories.

Archived