Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

To Mark Brunell: Thanks for the Memories (merged)

s0crates

I can't express how much fun I'm having reading this thread. Watching the Brunellites hysterically lament the death throes of the unholy Gibbs/Brunell pact almost -- almost -- makes up for having to endure two and half years of this bum at QB.

Oh?

I'd figure that with all your pseudo-intellectual posting you'd be able to grasp the concept of this thread, and the content of the vast majority of it's responses.

Nearly all of the people posting in this thread (I'm not sifting through 17 pages of responses to find a few contradictions, but I'm sure you're pathetic enough to!), recognize that Brunell should have been pulled before now. Hell, quite a few admit to lamenting openly the fact that Brunell has been starting despite his terrible performances this year. However, the fact is he was a key player in our 2005 playoff run, and deserves the fans respect for that.

If you want to lord your superiority as a perennial Brunell hater over his supporters, start a new thread. Don't **** up one that has no relation to your idiotic crusade.

The only thing I will thank brunell for is the victories against dallas last year and the victory against Jax this year. THose two victories were solely on his shoulders and I was so proud to be a Redskin at those moments. However the rest of his tenure here as prolly been the most frusturating part of watching football in my young life.

If you guys wanna thank him for "leading" us to the playoffs, which he played a more negative than positive role in doing, than thats fine. I know the players that got us to the playoffs last year: Portis, O-line, THe D. The team won inspite of brunell during that 5 game win streak.

Mark you are a great person who had an amazing career in Jax. I loved watching you play for them, when you came here I thought our problems were solved instead I figured out taht they were just beginning.

Brunell may always be remember for his win on monday night but he will never be a true redskins. His heart was, is, and will always be in Jax and I will not forget that.

So you can thank for his few good memories he gave us but as for those others I would have to reply "What memories?"

Socrates, I dig your thread brother. I've been waiting for it for two and a half years. And Dan T., here's the kicker: I'm not even that into Campbell. I don't really have a lot of faith in him (why hasn't been good enough to crack the lineup until now?) and I'm not excited for the Jason Campbell Era. The end of the Mark Brunell Era, however, is thrilling. Man oh man, Christmas came early this year.

I'm really excited about Campbell getting the nod and wish it had come earlier. On the other hand, and with full appreciation of serious frustration with Mark's play even after factoring in relevant complications, your recent posts (and those of a couple others in here, like spidernat) are a very useful example of the type of posting that really lowers the traditional quality level of this site. They are basically un-provoked, inappropriate, anti-fellow-member spite expressed in very simplistic fasion so they don't even benefit from the quality of wit, but are more like the childish prattling. Hopefully it will not remain your (or others') normal level. Holding a high standard of performance for others and not for yourself wouldn't be fair. :)

Thank you Brother Brunell for helping the Redskins with the magical 5-0 run to make the playoffs last season, the Monday Night Miracle and being the only Redskin QB to sweep the Cowboys and Eagles in the same season.

Vir Quesque Vir my brother! :applause:

Recognition%20Pin.JPG

I'm a Brunell supporter as well the guy is a stud, awesome QB, thanks for helping us make the playoffs, and yes I was in Seattle. Very Classy guy....thanks for your role in the Monday Night Miracle, and the blowout of the Cowboys last year. I'll still be in New Orleans, staying at the team hotel and hopefully can get a photo together. Thanks and Good Luck Mark!

Guest ComebackKing
cp26allday...I gotta say I'm blown away (and that don't happen often) and I know that took a lot out of you. :laugh: :cheers:

Lets hope for a brighter future with less crap on the field and on the message board. :point2sky

Yup. It's nice when everyone is happy... :laugh:

Brunell you have been worthless from day one here. Retire old man. You ruined the reputation of a legendary coach and kept us from the SB. You suck.

Talk about putting the "ass" in class.

Read the thread before you post your ignoble and snide comments here. You can bash Brunell on one of the other 7,856 Brunell bashing threads. Here, you give him respect or don't post at all.

I'm really excited about Campbell getting the nod and wish it had come earlier. On the other hand, and with full appreciation of serious frustration with Mark's play even after factoring in relevant complications, your recent posts (and those of a couple others in here, like spidernat) are a very useful example of the type of posting that really lowers the traditional quality level of this site. They are basically un-provoked, inappropriate, anti-fellow-member spite expressed in very simplistic fasion so they don't even benefit from the quality of wit, but are more like the childish prattling. Hopefully it will not remain your (or others') normal level. Holding a high standard of performance for others and not for yourself wouldn't be fair. :)

Go back through my posts on this thread and check out how much name calling I engaged in. Then look at the responses to my posts. I'm not the one lowering the level of discourse. Sorry for not wanting to indulge the fantasy that Brunell was ever worth a darn in Redskins uniform. It should be perfectly within bounds to point out that this post belongs on a Jaguars board AFTER he retires. Unprovoked? More like provoked by two and half years of bad play and lame excuses. Inappropriate? This is an Internet message board for Pete's sake, and I haven't called anyone an idiot or used any profanity, though much of that has been levied at me. Anti-fellow member? Try anti-Brunell (the quarterback, not the "great person") and proud of it. Very simplistic fashion? We both know that one's not even remotely accurate, particularly if we're confining ourselves to the relevant universe of posts on this message board. If the traditional quality level is that of my detractors, then I agree, I'm not measuring up. I would need to first throw a couple of my degrees in the garbage, pick up the latest vulgar slang, and get a Number 8 tattooed on my chest.

I've read your stuff Jumbo. Your self-regard is impressive, but I don't believe you are a fitting arbiter of what consitutes wit. I've been killing 'em today. I'm really on fire. I always hoped that when the big day came, I'd rise to the challenge, and I'm doing my best. I might have a few more left in me too, unless you want to use your special powers to eject me from the site or something.

Great Post.

Thanks for the Memories Mark! The 2 deep balls against Dallas last year was incredible and almost getting us to the NFC title game last year. I truly see that this season is not all on the arm of Mark, but the inconsistant play of the O-Line, D-Line and the tackling abilities of our Defense. But this is about Mark Brunell.

Thanks again Mark and I truly wish you the best of luck.:cheers:

HTTR :logo:

I apoligize for all the bad things Ive said about Mark, It was out of frustration, I know Mark did the best he could...what more can you ask out of somebody?

During his years in Jacksonville, Brunell was elected to the Pro Bowl three times, in 1997, 1998, and 2000 and awarded the Pro Bowl MVP in the 1997 game. With Brunell starting, the Jags won two AFC Central Division titles and became the first NFL expansion team to make the playoffs three times in its first four seasons of play. The furthest he led the team was to the 1996 AFC Championship Game, which they lost to the New England Patriots. They returned again in 1999, but would lose to the Tennessee Titans.

Archived