Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

To Mark Brunell: Thanks for the Memories (merged)

s0crates

Go ***** yourself. That was uncalled for. The man is obviously hurt because his career is basically done. I guess you don't feel for him at all... Oh, and no one can never ruin Gibbs' reputation.

And your bs comment was called for? How do you know he's done? He played the same in 04 and came back. I feel nothing but disgust for him. He kept us from a SB last year. If we start pumping him up, it will give him another chance to start.

He is not officially done. Gibbs just said that benching him might give him new life and the future is unknown. I hope we're done with the worthless excuse for a qb, but it is far too soon. The horse is still on life support. Let's beat it till it dies.

Thanks Mark for finally playing so poorly, that even your biggest fan, Joe Gibbs couldn't stand it anymore. I know it wasn't that you didn't try, it was that you were too old to compete against men half your age. I give you credit for your demeanor during the process, and understanding you are a back up at best.

Thank you Mark.

I was a Ramsey guy, and I hated your guts in 2004. But your great play in leadership in 2005 completely won me over. Some of my best Redskins memories are with you at the helm. That 5 win streak, and the unity and leadership and class that I saw exuding from this team, is something I will not easily forget. I know you will continue to help Campbell and this team in the future, and I wish you all the best. You were great. Peace.

I will forever be grateful to Mark Brunell not only for the Monday Night Miracle but for the effort he puts in every game for the Redskins. QB was not the only fault of the team (honestly who's actually playing well?) but it is time for a change. Gibbs has given us that change today as it was necessary. I will still support Brunell as our back-up and cheer for him if he is called for in the game (Hopefullly mop up duty). Thanks for the memories Mark.

Far as I'm concerned, he's still a big part of the team.

Yes, I wanted him benched, but he's still on the roster, and I expect him to contribute.

I expect him to take on the role of mentor and not be a prick about it.

I expect him to try to give Campbell some of his knowledge, and share the little tricks he would use that have helped him have the long career he has had in the NFL. The guy did play in an AFCCG, and he won a playoff game last year.

Do the right thing, Mark.

Try to take the teaching role and be a player/coach.

And your bs comment was called for? How do you know he's done? He played the same in 04 and came back. I feel nothing but disgust for him. He kept us from a SB last year. If we start pumping him up, it will give him another chance to start.

He is not officially done. Gibbs just said that benching him might give him new life and the future is unknown. I hope we're done with the worthless excuse for a qb, but it is far too soon. The horse is still on life support. Let's beat it till it dies.

Wow you really are delusional... Brunell kept us from a superbowl last year??:doh: It was because of Brunells scrambles that we kept crucial drives alive and were able to make it to the playoffs. Have you forgotten those throws he made against Dallas in week 2? Or his many TD passes when we beat Dallas 35-7? I don't know maybe you have some sort of long term memory problem that you haven't told anyone on this board about.

We all know that Mark is done. Everyone, well at least almost everyone wants Cambell to start, but this thread was for thanking Brunell and you come in with "Thanks for nothing you suck blah blah"

I expect him to take on the role of mentor and not be a prick about it.I expect him to try to give Campbell some of his knowledge, and share the little tricks he would use that have helped him have the long career he has had in the NFL. The guy did play in an NFCCG, and he won a playoff game last year.

Yes, Campbell should definately draw from Brunell's well of experience. I'm sure Brunell will be a good mentor. He was a good mentor to Ramsey, wasn't he?

Oh, and for the record, it was an AFCCG not an NFCCG. Actually it was two consecutive AFCCG's!

Guest Rafterman
Thanks for the memories of 2005. I would just as soon forget 2004 and 2006.

AMEN

Gibbs made a BIG mistake bringing him here, and it's taken too friggin long for him too realize it.

Other then that, best of luck as you go on with your lifes work! :logo:

Yes, Campbell should definately draw from Brunell's well of experience. I'm sure Brunell will be a good mentor. He was a good mentor to Ramsey, wasn't he?

Oh, and for the record, it was an AFCCG not an NFCCG. Actually it was two consecutive AFCCG's!

lol, the NFC JAguars I guess. :silly: You know that was just brain freeze while typing.

And you are right. He was a good mentor to Ramsey. I hope he tries to connect with Campbell.

Archived