Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Poll: Most fun sport to play?

Mooka

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

Simple question.

I say basketball, mainly because it's the sport I regularly play, but it's also one of the only sports where you can compete if your opponent has twice the skill/size/athleticism a you.

i say hockey because it takes skill. you need to be a strong skater, you need to know how to control the puck, you need to be aware of everything that's going on around you, and you need to know how to pin-point your shot. if you've never played ice hockey, you don't know what you're missing

Everyone seems to be putting so much on size and build in this thread. Why should that be an issue? As long as i'm enjoying myself while playing I could care less if im the biggest, strongest, or fastest. I'm hardly the best football player out there, not even close, but believe I am good at it and have a blast everytime I do play

Simple question.

I say basketball, mainly because it's the sport I regularly play, but it's also one of the only sports where you can compete if your opponent has twice the skill/size/athleticism a you.

Well you can be out on the court, but that doesn't mean you're competing with them, if they are truely twice what you are.

I've played against some beast players, that you just can't do nothing with.

They shut you down, and score on you at will.

It is easier to get a pick up game of Basketball going than anything else.

Much more players needed for any of the others besides tennis...

Which is a great game that I play well, just not very often.

And ...

Golf seems fun when I have played putt-putt. But I dont own a set of clubs and its a lot more of an investment. Although I can afford to play, I am just not interested enough to bother.

I can play Basketball with my little sisters, brother, Dad, Mom, little cousins, uncles, etc. If you can play, you can play. Or even if you cant play it can still be fun. Playing football with guys that have no clue is pointless, and tennis with a newbie is horrible.

Everyone seems to be putting so much on size and build in this thread. Why should that be an issue? As long as i'm enjoying myself while playing I could care less if im the biggest, strongest, or fastest. I'm hardly the best football player out there, not even close, but believe I am good at it and have a blast everytime I do play

This is what I voted for.

I played basketball more than anything else, but football is my favorite to play.

Well you can be out on the court, but that doesn't mean you're competing with them, if they are truely twice what you are.

I've played against some beast players, that you just can't do nothing with.

They shut you down, and score on you at will.

You can always take away a side and force them into help. Or foul em... :laugh:

On offense, if a player is that head and shoulders above you they usually don't guard you that tight. They'll play passing lanes and help double team others. They only start guarding you tight after you've scored a few buckets, by then you've already gotten yours. ;)

Too bad I can't skate; would love to play ice hockey. I used to play gym and roller hockey when I was younger, never did move on to the ice.

I picked other. I really like raquetball. I have two acl's and more surgeries to show how much I like it! My ortho Dr loves my love of the game!

What I would give to take on Mr Snyder at Redskins park, or to have given Joe Theisman a try (I hear he was awesome ) back in the day, before the LT highlight reel.

Too bad I can't skate; would love to play ice hockey. I used to play gym and roller hockey when I was younger, never did move on to the ice.

its not too late to learn. find an adult league in the area and play in a novice league. also try a skating clinic. this is a sport you can play until you're old and wrinkley. one guy in our league STARTED playing at the age of 64. granted he doesn't do much, but he's a nice guy and we all respect him for getting out there on the ice.

it is VERY worth learning to play. the first couple years you'll have no idea what's going on around you, but when it clicks you will have so much fun.

edit: i guess you may have an idea what's going on since you've played roller hockey, but its still not quite the same thing.

Definitely football first - you can never stop having fun competing and getting to hit someone.

And secondly: soccer - I played in high school, and at least there it was a non stop 45 minute half then another. It takes such skill and stamina which is a thrill.

I've got to have some success. Being that I can't chew gum and walk at the same time, I enjoy softball because even a klutz like me can have a good game. Also, because I'm big, I could play a good game of football. The last time I played basketball, I missed all of my shots and the guy I guarded was the highest scorer for the other team (and not because he had skills).

You can always take away a side and force them into help. Or foul em... :laugh:

On offense, if a player is that head and shoulders above you they usually don't guard you that tight. They'll play passing lanes and help double team others. They only start guarding you tight after you've scored a few buckets, by then you've already gotten yours. ;)

How tall are you?

How much do you wieght?

I was 6'2 220 when I played.

I've guarded college players as tall as 6'10 and shut them down, on points and rebounds, just using my strength.

But then I have played against an Orlando Predater football player, built like Jerome Bettis, and he would not be denied.

I couldn't keep him out of the post, and he just dunked it every time. Unless you just straight up shoved him on the way up, you couldn't stop him.

You could put your hand on the ball, slap it, slap his arms...........DUNK!

I played against some bad boys who could have made it in the pros, if they didn't F up their chance in school, with things like drugs and grades.

This one Shawn Kemp "type" player would just fly through the air. One time I watched him jump from the free throw line, and there was 3 or 4 guys in the paint.

They parted like Moses parted the red sea!

I mean, you coooooooullld stand there and get in his way, but you won't do it again.

There are 6'8 and higher players who could just shot it in your face all day.

They don't need to get open, their hieght makes them open.

Then I have seen guys about 5'6 with the most fastest shot you could imagine.

They would just give you a shake and shoot it faster than you could foul them.

Tennis or Volleyball!! I love quality beach volleyball, so much fun!

The reason why these two stick out is not only are they fun but for tennis you only need two people to play and then for volleyball you only need 4 to get a good 2 v 2 game going. It's hard to ralley a lot of people to play a solid game of flag football (for instance) and it's much easier to get two or three or four peple together to play tennis or vball. Plus I'm good at these sports so I'm bias :laugh:

Basketball and Football. I play basketball about 2-7 times a week. It's a lot tougher to get a football game together, but there is nothing better than getting to CRUSH one of your best friends.

I'm trying to get into tennis, it is one of the few sports you can compete one on one vs a lady!

I voted for Ice hockey. I played junior and men's league and it was more fun than football, and I really enjoyed playing football. In hockey everthing was a little faster and you have to watch everyone more closely because collisions felt more like a car wreck.

Archived