Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anything MMA, except thumb wrestling

SUNSTONE

It looked like a quick stoppage live, but upon the replay, McMann went down, she was limp and Ronda was starting to drop bombs, and McMann didn't actually start getting back up until Dean stepped in and Ronda was raising her arms.

McMann did land a couple big shots early on, but Ronda is really good at smothering and closing the distance.  She also has a pretty good chin.  Her striking is improving, but probably underrated because she uses it well to set other things up.

Liver shots are legit, they happen, and they end fights.

Oh and the hyping of Cummins as a legit threat has to be in the Top 10 of all time for Zuffa hype jobs.

Edited by NoCalMike

5 years ago would you have guessed that a womens fight would headline a PPV UFC event? Gina Carano and Ronda Rousey have done the impossible.

I'll be honest, yes, I did. I loved WMMA from Carano/Kedzie. Can't get enough of it. There are acceptions, like the Jessica Eye fight earlier, but I'm totally in to it. Cyborg vs. Rousey would have me amped, man. Holy ****.

I give credit to Cyborg for some of the growth as well. She's the greatest Women's fighter ever, and awesome to watch. Hope she comes out of the crowd for a "I want to f*ck Chuck" moment.

McMann can and probably will give Ronda a better fight in the future, but the fight ending the way it did was justified. Liver shots end fights in boxing, with a full glove over the hand, imagine a stiff knee to the liver!?  McMann went down and was not defending, and taking shots to the head. She didn't get up until the fight was called.  It sucks, because she was doing well leading up to that, but it's MMA, those things happen.

Herb lost his dealer in Rosenthal and is on edge. Needs to only ref in Colorado or Washington until his boy gets out of jail. Something that is never talked about is how bad losing Rosenthal actually was. To me, he was the best. He made a bad call in a fight a little bit before he got arrested, but before that he was great. For a few years I would feel relieved to see him reffing fights. I'd say to myself, "at least this fight won't get screwed up by the ref."

How about that Kevin Mulhol guy? I don't remember ever getting mad at him. He's been around for a while. Promote that guy and give Herb a 30 day vacation to Amsterdam.

I was actually thinkin of the most recent Faber fight, vs Barao, but that one too

I was referring to the Barao fight too, I think you saw the gif in my sig and thought I meant the McDonald fight. 

No Aldo vs. Pettis, we can't have nice things in MMA. Aldo should move up regardless, there is nothing left for him at 145lbs.

Pettis won the belt in August of 2013, won't defend it until late 2014. How is that possible?

Sucks ass. We get no super fights in MMA. I wish TUF would just go away. 

Was this in regards to the submission part, or Macdonald winning at all?  Just curious if that vow of chastity is in your life.

I'm sure he meant the submission part. If Macdonald got back control on Maia and submitted him hell would've definitely frozen over. 

Was this in regards to the submission part, or Macdonald winning at all?  Just curious if that vow of chastity is in your life.

Just the submission part, I picked MacDonald to win it. I'm surprised Maia had the success he did in the first, if he had better cardio, he probably wins that fight.

Just the submission part, I picked MacDonald to win it. I'm surprised Maia had the success he did in the first, if he had better cardio, he probably wins that fight.

During that entire first round and for a bit of the third when Demian was gassed but on top, I kept thinking Rory would get the chance to pull off my zany prediction.  

During that entire first round and for a bit of the third when Demian was gassed but on top, I kept thinking Rory would get the chance to pull off my zany prediction.  

I'm trying to think of really high level bjj players who have been subbed by lesser credentialed fighters in MMA. Hughes' bulldog choke on Almeida, and Benavidez slapping a guillotine on Wagney Fabiano back in the WEC come to mind.

Without looking at stats, it seems like submission victories are down across the board.