Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anything MMA, except thumb wrestling

SUNSTONE

Machida gets a bad rap for being boring. Hendo fight sucked, but Hendo looked like he'd KO a gorilla at that point. So Machida went Kalib Starnes, oh well.

The guy is a sniper, and digs his shots in to people so well. He doesn't get enough credit for his power. Guy rips his shots. They're just more beautiful, than say a Wanderlei Silva throws 'em.

I like Mousasi, I want to see a war and would be just as intrigued if he wins this fight. This is a great matchup that is win/win for everyone except the loser and his close friends/family. Could be watching a future MW champion tonight. Including Jacare.

If Carmont beats him, it'll be a huge derailment. Jacare is on fire, and I think he's alligator crawling after 2 rds. Armbar.

Erick Silva, coming off a humungous KO loss to Stun Gun Kim, is fighting a lower tier guy. Better not catch a heater again. Silva still has a lot of promise.

As does Charles Oliviera. He's fighting a lower tier guy too. Needs a win, bigtime. Go Charles!

Machida gets a bad rap for being boring. Hendo fight sucked, but Hendo looked like he'd KO a gorilla at that point. So Machida went Kalib Starnes, oh well.

The guy is a sniper, and digs his shots in to people so well. He doesn't get enough credit for his power. Guy rips his shots. They're just more beautiful, than say a Wanderlei Silva throws 'em.

What he did to Thiago Silva was insane, not to mention Randy Couture. The Dragon is defensive... until he's offensive.  :)

I hope Machida vs. Mousassi is the kind of fight whether neither guy is comes out looking bad afterwards.   Mousassi had a rep for getting by on "gifts" early in his career, until he got humbled by King Mo simply because he had no interested in defending the wrestling.  He said himself he made mistakes early in his career and has made strides to become a better all around fighter.

Machida should be a good test.

What he did to Rashad is so unappreciated. Rashad is unappreciated. The Lil Nog fight and being flat against Jones doesn't take away from the fact that Rashad is a perennial contender who has only been finished one time. Check that, has only been rocked one time. When Machida hit him with everything but the kitchen sink, everyone in the MMA world stood in awe.

Will never forget watching that Dream tourney that Mousasu won by beating Manhoef and Jacare. Knew that guy was going to be a top fighter one day, but thought he'd be another Fedor or Aoki, where they are content doing their work outside of the org. Surreal to me that he's in a huge fight for a probable title shot tonight.

Edited by d0ublestr0ker0ll

Against Rampage? Wasn't he the one that clocked 'Page early in the first? All I remember Jones doing is picking Rashad apart from the outside. He had him rocked? Maybe remember an elbow staggering him a tiny bit.

Okay, so he's been wobbled, once or twice. That isn't the same as getting wrecked and bullet-to-the-head KO'd.

It is hard to beat Machida if you stand at his range and allow him to put his hips into his kicks. You have to pressure him and force him to shorten his strikes to lessen their effect.  Mousassi didn't show very much urgency even once he was obviously down 2-3 rounds.  He tagged Machida well a few times but they were mostly isolated shots.

Great fight by both guys, Machida definitely earned that UD though. 

Also, this fight reminded me why upkicks from the guard to an opponent on his knees should be legal. Mousasi KO'd Jacare with this in Japan in 2008. Jacare looked dominant again tonight btw. Honestly, if Weidman/Belfort isn't happening until May, there's still plenty of time for Machida/Jacare to happen for a #1 contender fight. 

Great fight by both guys, Machida definitely earned that UD though.

Also, this fight reminded me why upkicks from the guard to an opponent on his knees should be legal. Mousasi KO'd Jacare with this in Japan in 2008. Jacare looked dominant again tonight btw. Honestly, if Weidman/Belfort isn't happening until May, there's still plenty of time for Machida/Jacare to happen for a #1 contender fight.

I said that exact thing about upkicks tonight. Machida took a knee like it was a quick touchback, right before the kick landed. It's like, c'mon man, the **** is the difference? Edited by d0ublestr0ker0ll

Machida is so damn fast at 185 it is unreal. I really like both fighters and was really looking forward to this fight. I loved watching Mousasi in Japan and think he is very underrated. I wish Mousasi would have doubled up on his jab and attacked the legs of Machida more early on. I also think Mousasi got really frustrated early on with the speed of Machida, and he should have gone for the take downs earlier. Great fight by Machida, I have never seen anyone take a kick to the head from Machida and just shake it off. Mousasi has a great chin! I really like the Pride rules so much more then the UFC, kicks and knees should be allowed on the ground it is so stupid. I understand not allowing head stomps, but this crap of people playing games with putting their hands and one knee on the mat to avoid kicks and knees is so lame. I think it would spice up the ground game and the clinch and get rid of all these close calls when fighters nails someone right when their hand touches the ground.

• Like 1

If it's Machida/Jacare for the title eliminator, who ya got? We've seen Machida choked unconscious by lanky armed Jones, and Jacare has deceptively stringy arms as well. I can see him choking Machida out, but think Machida tests his chin too early. I think Jacare's getting finished from what I saw last night.