Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anything MMA, except thumb wrestling

SUNSTONE

Wonder where SU is. He missed the Boxing has surged passed MMA thread. Missed the Greatest athlete in every sport thread where boxing and MMA came up. Missed Machida vs. Mousasi and Jacare fighting. Temp ban? Vacation? Usually types out his frustration if he's gotta miss big fights.

Got stuck in a nasty ice storm in SC. Been without power for 6 days, didn't really have much internet access. Was really pissed I missed all-star weekend and Machida/Mousassi. Did manage to make a little cash on Machida though.

Honda Housey with Hener Gracie and Hene Lebell in her corner, will find the armbar again Sat night. Everyone knows McMann is green, I don't see her getting through an entire fight without Ronda finding a few opportunities. I think with a few more tune ups, McMann could be dangerous for her. Right now, Rousey, armbar, RD1.

I'm a Rousey fan, but want to see a shakeup in the women's division. Will be cheering on McMann.

• Like 1

Cyborg ditched Tito as her manager the other day. Today, she announces that she's dropping to the 135 lb division.

http://m.sherdog.com/news/news/Cris-Cyborg-Announces-Move-to-Bantamweight-Plans-to-Challenge-Ronda-Rousey-64063

She wants to fight Ronda by the end of 2014.

I think Ronda will have the gas tank advantage for sure. Who knows if Cyborg will even be able to make 135. She'll look like James Irvin's completely dehydrated self when he dropped to 185. Sickening.

I can definitely see Ronda armbarring Cyborg. Cyborg hasn't had a real challenge in a while, and her biggest strength is, well, strength! At 135, Ronda might be even stronger because she's so adapted to the cut. Ronda is a bull, her strength is amazing also.

Tonight will tell me a lot. If Ronda tosses McMann on her back and rips her arm off like it's a practice session, I will really like Ronda's chances against Cyborg. Cyborg should be able to ravage Rousey on the feet, but I don't know how long she'd be able to keep it up there.

Now I think I'm rooting for Rousey to win tonight. That's a rivalry I can get behind.

Edited by d0ublestr0ker0ll

Tito stepped down.

“I can live with Dana not liking me but what I can’t live with is Dana using me to hurt someone else. I’ve taken abuse and maybe I deserved some of it but Cris is a beautiful person and great athlete and doesn’t deserve to be insulted like this.

Regardless, I won’t stand in the way from the fans getting a fight they want and I won’t hold Cris back. So, I’m stepping down as Cris’ manager."

http://www.bjpenn.com/tito-ortiz-steps-down-as-cris-cyborgs-manager/

• Like 1

I'm so unsure about buying this PPV event. I feel like the most interesting matchup is Maia vs. MacDonald and I really don't see that as purchase-worthy. 

Anyway, here are my calls...

MacDonald will win by submitting Maia from his back. 

Cormier will bomb Cummins. Early. He might kill him.

Rousey will armbar McMann.

All will be on Monday as it was on friday accept I will be $50 poorer. It's just the way I'm feeling about UFC 170.

.......Which is precisely why I'd better buy this card.   <_<

I'm hoping McCann wins, but I just don't see it happening. I'll say that Ronda will win by something other than armbar though.

DC vs. Cummins probably shouldn't even be sanctioned. Hopefully DC keeps this one brief.

I think MacDonald keeps it standing and out strikes Maia over 3 rounds, could be a stinker.

Finding it hard to care about the rest of the card.

Can you give a rough estimate of your BAC level at the time this selection was made?

If that happens, I'll become a monk.

Not an expected scenario like my other picks, I know. I think I'm expecting Demian to dominate on the mat and make a mistake, playing into Rory's desperation to win this one.

Hey, I'm keeping it interesting. The predictions in this thread used to be the fun part. Lately we've all gotten a little stale. Remember how we used to color them? ;)

McMann checks a leg kick and breaks Rousey's leg (RD2).

I'd do the old style picks, but it's too much of a task on my smartphone. Rousey armbar RD1. Cormier KO RD1. Rory, TDD and jabfest decision. Stephen Thompson via LLLivershot, kick to da balls, headkick, then a Liu Kang bicycle kick. Thompson has incredible striking. Reminds me of Anderson Silva.