Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anything MMA, except thumb wrestling

SUNSTONE

Well, Bellator isn't completely crazy, Im still curious as to what the price is & how many buy, but I won't buy it. Tito vs Rampage is something I would have paid for 5 to 7 years ago, not now though.

No UFC to go up against, but why take content off a Viacom channel? I seriously think they would do better putting cards on free tv up against UFC PPV's- some subpar ones lately, 161 Hendo Evans comes to mind-than go PPV. There is no way they make as much from PPV as they do from advertisers on TV. God bless them, but I think this could be he beginning of the end.

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2013/7/31/4576608/bellator-debut-pay-per-view-to-feature-rampage-jackson-vs

:rotflmao:

Let's see here, order the most relevant fight ever, or the most irrelevant fight ever...it's gonna be a tough choice. Tito could say ANYTHING after the fight; any combination of words, and it's guaranteed to be jumbled. Lemme tell him how he's feelin' right now.

And Rampage...his werewolf howls should be epic with this amount of rest heading in to the fight. Can't wait to see him land one single leg kick the entire fight. I just love watching fighters that only throw hooks. Kimbo and Rampage 4 lyfe.

Seriously, is there a more boring matchup out there? Sylvia vs Arlovski 5? I'd barely peak at Tito vs Rampage if it was free. If somehow Rampage knocked him out, I'd take a gander at the replay. For Weidman vs. Silva 2, I'm going to be pacing back and forth, adrenaline flowing, nervous, jumping around in anticipation, rubbing my hands together, stretching, doing a rain dance, sacrificing a goat, yelling in tongues and joining a clan that worships comets.

That PPV has to be earlier than the UFC's, if it's the same time slot, I gotta think Rampage and Tito are secretly sabotaging Bellator for Dana and Co. Maybe they really are that dumb. Doing something that's bound to fail, while shunning the UFC so blatantly.

Edited by d0ublestr0ker0ll

The Bellator PPV is actually Nov. 2, and there is no UFC event that date...for right now. Even with nothing else that date, I have no interest in the Bellator PPV. I think it is a big mistake doing that fight on PPV, I just don't see that many people ordering it.

Both guys are on three-fight losing streaks, Tito is 2-7-1 in the last seven years and Rampage is 5-5 in the last six years. Neither of these guys has the curiousity factor that will bring casual fans in and hardcore fans won't watch in big numbers because, let's be honest, it's a fight of two has been's. Bellator die hards and UFC haters will order it, but I can't imagine they will pull significant numbers. 

I have never been a big Tito fan, but I used to be a big Rampage fan. But I got tired of his complaining and his antics. Both of them are so similar, leading up to the fight, they are in the best shape they have ever been and are refocused. But how long will it take when one of them loses to blame it on an injury they have been dealing with?

Bjorn can be hyperbolic and say that these are two of the biggest names in MMA, and that this is a fight people have wanted to see for years. They were two of the biggest names in MMA and this is a fight that some people wanted to see maybe 5-6 years ago. Not now.

I am just a litte disappointed in Bellator, the organization that said that they would never take UFC retreads and wanted to be known for developing their own fighters. This just seems like a stunt to make a quick buck, and I can see it failing miserably. The only way this might work, is if somehow they convince Eddie Alvarez to drop his lawsuit and fight on the PPV, but I doubt that will happen.

I'll reserve judgement until they fill out the rest of the card.

The sad truth is that Rampage vs. Tito as headliner will draw more attention than any other combination they could have put together. If they can somehow get Alvarez back in the fold, I'd gladly put up with Rampage/Tito to see Chandler vs. Alavarez II

Signing UFC vets did work for Strikeforce. It's a great thing to do IMO. To put it on PPV is crazy. Bellator should sign anyone they can, it's a pretty dry landscape outside of the UFC. Get names in there, put on more cards to develop your talent.

Just put it on TV.

Edited by d0ublestr0ker0ll

The sad truth is that Rampage vs. Tito as headliner will draw more attention than any other combination they could have put together. If they can somehow get Alvarez back in the fold, I'd gladly put up with Rampage/Tito to see Chandler vs. Alavarez II

SU, you just shed a light on this whole Bellator PPV thing for me.  They are doing this to strengthen their lawsuit vs. Alvarez, which is why they don't really care who is on it. Why do Rampage Tito when they could do Lawal vs anyone for the belt or any of their other champions?  They are using 2 old PPV stars to sell a PPV, the big telling factor will be how many other top tier guys fight on the card, if there are no other big names on the card, this is solely to strengthen their lawsuit.   I doubt Tito even gets a second fight with Bellator, unless he takes a massive pay cut. 

Had they gone to court with Alvarez and not had a PPV under their belt, their case would be pretty weak, technically they wouldn't be "matching" an offer since the UFC offer had PPV points and Bellator has never even run a PPV before.

There is a method to this madness, too bad for fight fans it ultimately means Alvarez will not be fighting for any promotion anytime soon. 

I've been traveling but I just saw the UFC on Fox card last night. Holy ****, Mighty Mouse pretty much came to the rescue and saved that card after the Ellenberger/MacDonald snoozefest. The MM win was one of the most dominant I've seen in a long time. I totally agree with Joe Rogan about how impressive it was the he didn't just put it in cruise control when he already had the fight won. He kept going for the finish and finally got in late in the fight. I'm always excited when MM fights. 

Looking forward to Aldo/Korean Zombie this weekend. I think Aldo will win, but if KZ can drag him into the championship rounds, that's where KZ shines and where Aldo has been shown to get tired in the past. Plus I have no doubt that KZ will bring it regardless. Kind of looking forward to Phil Davis/Machida but outside of that, this is a weak card. 

The even sadder part is that I sorta feel like Tito could actually beat rampage right now. 

The even sadder part is that I sorta feel like Tito could actually beat rampage right now. 

The post fight excuse making by whoever loses may be better than the actual fight.

my picks for tonight:

Aldo by (T)KO, Round 2: I love the Zombie as much as anyone, but Aldo is a horrific style matchup for him

Machida by Unanimous Decision: Davis' mma wrestling isn't as strong as his pedigree suggests it should be. Machida's always been difficult to take down, and Davis is going to be in the danger zone every time he tries to close distance.

I'm struggling to find any other fight I care about on his card.