Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anything MMA, except thumb wrestling

SUNSTONE

Tattoos of people's faces always look creepy to me.  Pettis is rockin many. 

yeah, face tattoo's are freakin creppy.  Like why does Pettis have a tattoo of Jay Leno over his heart?  I doubt it was meant to be a tattoo of Jay Leno, but that is all I can see now, everytime I look at his chest, I hear the beginning of a boring, unfunny monolouge.

130903162117-anthony-pettis-benson-hende

The UFC's official promo for Jones/Gustafsson essentially says: "Jones is tall, Gus is taller so he has a chance"  You would think they could do a little better than that.

The UFC's official promo for Jones/Gustafsson essentially says: "Jones is tall, Gus is taller so he has a chance"  You would think they could do a little better than that.

LOL. I don't think saying, "he has a chance" is gonna convince anyone to order this fight.

I thought Bader had it for a second but on the replay it showed Glover defended well. I was Impressed with Bader up till that point.

So was I. His hands are heavy indeed. If he'd been just a little more cautious when he was going for the kill, he might have shocked the UFC world.

If Mousasi fight can't be made, I say let Jacre be the one to try & stop the Vitor Belfort TRT hype train, perfect fight for Brazil. Vitor has Hendo next in a TRT battle in November, but I can see that fight in the early spring. One things for certain, after handling Okami the way he did, you have to give him higher level opponents, & most guys dance cards are full. If not the names mentioned, he really has winner of Bisping/Munoz or Weidman to look forward to fighting, since both he & Anderson say they won't fight each other.

In other news, Dana wants to see the first double knockout in UFC history at 167 (20th Anniversary), he booked Frank Mir vs Alistar Overeem. That card is getting filled nicely; GSP Hendricks, Chael Rashad, Rory Lawler, Koscheck Woodley & now the big boys. That's probably the UFC's deepest PPV card since 100 if it stays like that, I think they might add one more main card type fight if they can. I might actually buy that PPV instead of chipping in at a buddy's or hitting the bar, would be the first tome in a long time for me, 134 Silva Okami.

Mir vs. Overeem. Hmmm. I don't have much faith in Frank right now but at least he has a brain.

I'm betting that Mir's chin submits before Reem's gas tank depletes. 

Feels like a "loser leaves town" match. Wouldn't mind seeing Mir transition back to commentating. He was pretty good as long as Miguel Torres wasn't fighting.

Edited by StillUnknown

Mir vs. Overeem. Hmmm. I don't have much faith in Frank right now but at least he has a brain.

Overeem is dumb and has a weak chin but he is going to push his opponent into the cage and pound on them for at least one round.  I'm not sure Mir can survive that being that that scenario is how he tends to lose.