Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anything MMA, except thumb wrestling

SUNSTONE

That was an incredibly dumb gameplan by Pierce.

Paul Harris held that leglock too long for my liking.

Cranking on that kind of submission after the guy has clearly tapped can have some long standing repercussions for Pierce's knee.

Edited by StillUnknown

Thaigo Silva's physique looked like Fabricio Werdum's in the Dos Santos fight. Crazy difference from normal.

I think Hamill was more gassed in this fight than Rothwell was in Denver. Thiago needed to work that lead leg a little more in the 2nd round, his coach was yelling to him over and over to do it. Hamill's leg is ruined.

Thaigo Silva's physique looked like Fabricio Werdum's in the Dos Santos fight. Crazy difference from normal.

I think Hamill was more gassed in this fight than Rothwell was in Denver. Thiago needed to work that lead leg a little more in the 2nd round, his coach was yelling to him over and over to do it. Hamill's leg is ruined.

I would cut them both after that fight, horrible performance on both sides.

I thought Maia won that fight too. That was just a bad style matchup for a main event fight. Shields' guard was good enough to keep Maia from passing and he seemed content to sit in Maia's guard and pitter patter away to win rounds when he was on top. 

Dillashaw/ Assuncao got FOTN, although I thought Dong Hyun Kim/Erick Silva should've been FOTN and KO of the night. 

Also, Dana tweeted that Palhares isn't getting submission of the night since he held on to the heel hook for too long. I love Palhares but he has to stop doing that ****. 

The only conclusion I can make after watching Palhares do that in a fight twice now is that he is one sadistic S.O.B.  As much as I like watching the guy fight and was hoping to see him move up the middlewieght rankings, I think they have to cut the guy. 

Maybe not burn the bridge, but just let him know that the type of crap he has pulled will not be tolerated.  Let him fight for some other promotion, and if he knocks off the holding subs too long and doesn't fail a drug test then invite him back.  I really don't think any other form of punishment is enough of a dertant for this guy, he was suspended for the failed drug test and I think he was fined for holding the first sub too long as well, so if those messages are not getting through, its time to try something else.

Also really suprised at the DHK KO, not just because it was DHK who got the KO, but that he got it on Erik Silva.  I saw Silva in Vegas, and dude just looks like one of those guys who can't be knocked out (which I actually think is a deteriment to a fighter, not helpful).  Silva has never been KO'd before and even when he has been rocked before he still looks to have his head in the game, but that KO came out of no where.  Man, I wonder what the moneyline for a DHK KO would have paid, a degenerate gambler could have made a killing on that.

Also really suprised at the DHK KO, not just because it was DHK who got the KO, but that he got it on Erik Silva.  I saw Silva in Vegas, and dude just looks like one of those guys who can't be knocked out (which I actually think is a deteriment to a fighter, not helpful).  Silva has never been KO'd before and even when he has been rocked before he still looks to have his head in the game, but that KO came out of no where.  Man, I wonder what the moneyline for a DHK KO would have paid, a degenerate gambler could have made a killing on that.

Somebody on twitter said that DHK by KO was +1400 at one point on some books.

With Harris in there, who knows wtf is going to happen. It seems like he's done something crazy in the majority of his fights AND big-time grappling matches. Remember when he celebrated a win, jumping on the cage before the ref stepped in? He had to keep fighting! There are other WTF moments, I'm sure of it. He was a ticking timebomb.

There was a time when we all wanted to see him fight Anderson. The Ryo Chonan finish, he'd been mounted by Lutter, Palhares looked like a guy that could dethrone Silva. Now he's gone. How many legs is he going to eat in Bellator? Yeesh.

With Harris in there, who knows wtf is going to happen. It seems like he's done something crazy in the majority of his fights AND big-time grappling matches. Remember when he celebrated a win, jumping on the cage before the ref stepped in? He had to keep fighting! There are other WTF moments, I'm sure of it. He was a ticking timebomb.

There was a time when we all wanted to see him fight Anderson. The Ryo Chonan finish, he'd been mounted by Lutter, Palhares looked like a guy that could dethrone Silva. Now he's gone. How many legs is he going to eat in Bellator? Yeesh.

Honestly, I wouldn't be shocked if he has a hard time finding opponents. Can't see many guys anxious to get in there with his crazy ass for 4k to show/ 4k to win.

Edited by StillUnknown

Caught a couple episodes, saw that fight too. Cool matchup, tall muay thai kickboxer vs. compact power puncher with good speed. Good watch.

Ronda comes off as such a d-bag, and Meisha Tate is sexy as hell. Her face is a lil snotty lookin, but man her body is wicked. Dat bikini this past episode, wow. She needs to retire so she doesn't go through another Zingano facial rearrangement. She's been wrecked in the past as well.

Miesha has that "I just sucked on a lemon" face. I watched the first couple of episodes from this season, but I doubt I'll watch any more.

Excluding the 135lb'ers who dropped to 125lbs, TUF hasn't produced a title challenger since Nate Diaz, they probably haven't produced a top 10 fighter since Bader.

Coaches don't really matter that much to me, I want to see real prospects on the show.

Edited by StillUnknown

Miesha has that "I just sucked on a lemon" face.

Right? Like she walked in to an overused port-o-potty. Dat ass tho. Rarwlsfnwkdj;.

So guys, Cain vs JDS 3. The first two fights are fascinating. Shows how one mistake, one capitalized opportunity, can be the determining factor in this game. Cain is obviously the more well rounded fighter. He puts together striking, wrestling and ground fighting together in a choreographed fashion. JDS is looking to end the fight on the first exchange, as Cain well found out.

Cain's pace nullified JDS' game in the second bout, pretty much in the first round. I expect the same approach: Take that snap out of JDS' punches ASAP.

JDS has known since their last fight that he needs to up his cardio and clinch game. He's definitely been sprinting like hell on the tredmill, drilling how to separate from the clinch, and getting away from the fence. He's adjusted, I expect a much tougher fight for Cain. In fact, I'm thinking JDS catches him and gets the belt back. Cain vs. JDS 4 in 2015.

Edited by d0ublestr0ker0ll