Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anything MMA, except thumb wrestling

SUNSTONE

Tonight shows how big having a huge reach disadvantage can be to a fighter.

Machida had a great strategy in the first round, going for the body for the most part unless the head/face really presented itself. His most effective strikes were kicks and counters to the body. Was hoping he would try to stay with that for a couple more rounds and hope Bones would be tiring starting in Round 4.

Bones actually did look kind of tired coming into the second round. However as soon as Machida decided to get more aggressive he was forced to lunge with a lot of his punches, often being completely off balance. I swear there was 2 to 3 times he seemed to land clean with a punch and end up falling down on his own due to how off balance he was. I watched reply a few times and never saw anything Bones himself did to cause Machida to be flopping around.

The standing choke was awesome, what else can you say about that? I would ask though, in a situation such as that, should the referee try to get into position to catch the fighter, or kind of guide them down to the mat, cause ones Jones released the choke, Machida's limp body just dropped face/head first, seems to be asking for an unnecessary injury in a situation it can be prevented. When that happens due to strikes it is often out of nowhere and not able to be prevented, but in the case of the choke, once Machida's arm goes limp, if I'm McCarthy I'd try to do something to prevent an unconscious guy from just falling.

Not sure why 2 of 3 judges scored the first round for Bones, Machida outstruck 13-7, and 12-2 on power punches according to stats posted on twitter.

Someone is going to have to figure out how to deal with the ridiculous reach advantage that Jones has.

Either Rashad knows some super secrets or he just wants to sell the fight as hard as he can for when it comes his turn to be smashed.

Overall is it too soon to say UFC 139/140 might be the best back to back PPV cards in recent memory?

To me he comes off as fake. I feel he pretends to be humble.

Ditto. I sense great evil in him. However, he reigns supreme even as a baby. Makes legends look like neophytes. Unfreakingbelievable. The only fight left at 205 is Silva-Bones. They have successfully rendered two entire weight classes meaningless.

Dana just said in the post fight presser that the flyweights start March 3rd in Australia.

@ufc

UFC

Demetrious Johnson will fight Ian McCall, Benavidez will fight Yasuhiro Uru****ani March 3 - winners will fight for 125 pound title

:rotflmao: @ that guy's name not passing the filters.

Edited by StillUnknown