Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anything MMA, except thumb wrestling

SUNSTONE

They're still negotiating, but I think the idea is to air the series on Fuel.

Either way, Chach's boy Leben wouldn't fit into their plans for that show. It is more about Country than anything else. That is why they were ok putting this together even with Vitor about to fight. Win or lose, they wanted this for the show.

And I'm actually excited about the matchup. I've wanted to see Wandy get a rematch for years. I hope he didn't wait too long though. His chin isn't what it used to be.

Edited by Sebowski

UFC on Fuel. For just January.

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2011/12/14/2634792/ufc-fuel-tv-january-schedule-new-year-day-marathon

Fuel TV has released their full UFC schedule for January which includes five show premieres and a 24-hour marathon that kicks off 2012. The network plans to air more than 2000 hours of UFC content in their debut year with more than 100 hours dedicated to live events, weigh-ins and pre/post-fight analysis shows.

Sunday, January 1

The UFC will air the following eight-hour block three times, starting at 12 AM EST.

UFC Reloaded 1: Reloaded will be three-hour shows featuring past pay-per-views with 14 editions planned for this year. The numbered series kicks off with UFC 79, co-headlined by Matt Hughes vs. Georges St. Pierre and Chuck Liddell vs. Wanderlei Silva.

UFC Bad Blood: Liddell vs. Ortiz: This 90-minute show is the same as the 2011 DVD release with Chuck Liddell vs. Tito Oritz fights, interviews, countdown show footage and more.

UFC Champions Roundtable with Jay Glazer: The new 30-minute show features Fox reporter/MMA insider Glazer talking with current and past UFC champions. Jon Jones, Frank Mir, Chuck Liddell and Forrest Griffin will be on the debut show.

UFC Unleashed: The popular series that ran seemingly non-stop during the UFC/Spike era debuts on Fuel with 12 new one-hour editions on tap.

UFC Ultimate Knockouts: Two hours of fighters knocking each other out.

Tuesday, January 3

7 PM EST: Best of PRIDE. 12 one-hour shows are planned.

10 PM EST: UFC Tonight debut

Tuesday, January 10

6 PM EST: UFC Best of 2011

9 PM EST: Countdown To UFC 142

Friday, January 13

1 PM EST: UFC 142 Weigh-Ins

Saturday, January 14

1 AM EST: UFC 142 Post-Fight Show

Thursday, January 19th

5 PM EST: UFC on FX Guillard vs. Miller Weigh-Ins

Friday, January 20

6 PM EST: UFC on FX Guillard vs. Miller Prelims

11 PM EST: UFC on FX Guillard vs. Miller Post-Fight Show

Friday, January 27

5 PM EST: UFC on FOX 2 Weigh-Ins

Saturday, January 28

5 PM EST: UFC on FOX 2 Prelims

10 PM EST: UFC on Fox Post-Fight Show

Saturday, January 31

9 PM EST: Countdown to UFC 143: Diaz vs. Condit

They need Cyborg to move down to where there are actually challengers. The last three fights or so really feels like they are just throwing someone in there with her because of contractual obligations.

Cyborg is a beast, no doubt, but don't forget Carano before getting beat down herself, did have Cyborg mounted and then just hesitated and froze up....and let Cyborg escape.

Cyborg while easily the strongest and perhaps most ferocious female in MMA, isn't necessarily the most technically sound, and I believe some ladies might be able to give her a better go-around in there at 135.

---------- Post added December-18th-2011 at 08:02 AM ----------

Melendez vs. winner of Edgar/Bendo now please. Masvidal was a bad match up style wise for Melendez, and Gilbert still managed to beat him in pretty convincing fashion.

---------- Post added December-18th-2011 at 08:03 AM ----------

Melendez vs. winner of Edgar/Bendo now please. Masvidal was a bad match up style wise for Melendez, and Gilbert still managed to beat him in pretty convincing fashion.

http://www.mmafighting.com/2011/12/20/alistair-overeem-passes-drug-test-ufc-141-fight-with-brock-lesn/

Alistair Overeem has passed his December 14 drug test, clearing a major hurdle in the way of a scheduled UFC 141 main event matchup with Brock Lesnar.

UFC president Dana White tweeted Overeem's clearance earlier Tuesday, and MMA Fighting confirmed the news with the Nevada state athletic commission (NSAC), which had ordered Overeem to take a new test after previous difficulties in obtaining a sample.

Under the terms of a conditional license, Overeem is still subject to a standard pre-fight test the day before UFC 141, as well as two random drug tests in the next six months at his own expense.

I don't get Fuel, but I don't think that will be much of a problem since the UFC has a distribution deal with Sportsnet in Canada, so I at least will get the fights, other Fuel UFC programming I might not get though. The Sportsnet feed is in HD over 5 channels, so even if I miss a live fight, they usually show it later on another channel.

Not having HDNet anymore is what pisses me off, or at least losing it as soon as they started airing MMA stuff on a regular basis. Due to dome rights issues, and Canadian content laws, even when they put a US network on a cable package here, we don't get exactly the same programming, so when HDNet started here about 2 years ago, they did not show any MMA- it was replaced by what little Canadian content HDNet had and sometimes just blacked out (stupid since no one else was showing the fights-Dream & K1- on TV in Canada, but someone had the rights). Then they started showing DREAM fights and made the announcement that Inside MMA will be on HDNet Canada starting a certain date-Bas even flexed with a Canadian flag in one hand in the promo-, and my provider dropped HDNet 2 days before the launch date.

Forgot to post about my night at 140, it was pretty sweet, I had seats on the floor in the corner of the arena which left us with a pretty nice sight line into the cage, and a huge screen right above us. Best fight of the night- or worst, where 2 juiceheads fighting in the beer line about 3 people ahead of me. I didn't see how the guy got taken down or the initial blow that cut him, but eventually one guy was standing, kicking the other guy in the head and there was so much blood on the floor after the paramedics took the guy away that they closed the beer stand and blocked off a good section of the concourse to clean it up. That fight made me miss Hominick's 7 second loss, I never would have thought it would end that quick, and the crowd seemed to be in a shock that lasted until the main event.

Jones is a freak, he is so much faster than anyone I saw that he looks like he is on meth or speed compared to everyone else, even the smaller 145 guys. As for his fight, I was impressed, until he dropped Machida, that showed no class or respect for your opponent.

I don't know if I would go to an live event again, unless Anderson or someone else I really wanted to see was on the card, in fact I would need at least 3 good fights to interest me again. Part of the reason is that I am a smoker and both venues in Toronto do not let smokers back in, and the other reason is price. I had great seats, $500 seats that I paid a fraction for, but I do not see the value at full retail price, and the price of ticket I would settle for on my own- $100 or less, puts me so far away that I would end up only watching the fight on a screen, and if I was dong that I could do it in the comfort of my home, at a friends house or a bar for a lot cheaper-and be able to smoke. The UFC& MMA really are a TV sport, unless you have really really good tickets, you will not miss anything watching at home vs an upper bowl/crappy ticket at the live event.