Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anything MMA, except thumb wrestling

SUNSTONE

As for his fight, I was impressed, until he dropped Machida, that showed no class or respect for your opponent.

I've heard other people say this and it doesn't make sense to me. When you choke someone unconscious and the ref tells you to let go of the choke, the safest thing you can do is let go if it immediately and let the blood start flowing back to their brain.

I've heard other people say this and it doesn't make sense to me. When you choke someone unconscious and the ref tells you to let go of the choke, the safest thing you can do is let go if it immediately and let the blood start flowing back to their brain.

Machia agrees with you

http://sportv.globo.com/site/eventos/combate/noticia/2011/12/sem-esquecer-derrota-lyoto-machida-so-pensa-na-revanche-ficou-entalado.html

"Was fully respectful. It was nice to fight him. It was a war for history. Sometimes people who watches see as disrespectful but he just did his job, choked me out and won. You can´t ask him to pet me."

yeah that is the proper thing to do, but when you choke a guy out who is standing up, you don't let him fall where he could hit his head on the matt or anything else for that matter and do further damage. You could give a guy a serious neck injury, even a broken neck by letting an unconcious man drop from a standing position. To me it showed that not only does Jones not have respect for his opponent, he lacks respect of human beings in general,and the whole Greg Jackson "get some fans" incident afterwards just confirmed the lack of respect Jones has. The very least he could have done is let go, wait for the ref to take Machidas weight and then leave, but in my mind the proper thing to do is to let go and steady Machida and help set him against the cage or on the mat. Jones is one ****y MF'er, which is one of the reasons I think people want ot seee him get beat so bad, and I can see how some people will use the Machida fight as an example of why they dont like the guy..

I think people are reading way too much into Jones. Literally every thing he does is dissected for some kind of deeper meaning when other fighters do the same **** and its not made that big a deal.

He's 24 and would be heavily favored to smash any fighter in the world outside of a couple of HW's.

I would be 10x as ****y if I were in Jones' spot.

then HDNet is airing the entire Dream NYE's card from 1am - 10am :ols:

Holy **** normally they are 4-5 hours long. This must be because this year it's funded by Antonio Inoki which means there are IGF pro wrestling matches added to the card as well.

Here is the full fight card as of today:

MMA Bouts

Fedor Emelianenko vs. Satoshi Ishii

DREAM Lightweight Championship Bout

Shinya Aoki vs. Satoru Kitaoka

DREAM Featherweight Championship Bout

Hiroyuki Takaya vs. Takeshi "Lion" Inoue

DREAM World Bantamweight Grand Prix Finals

Rodolfo Marques Diniz/Bibiano Fernandes vs. Antonio Banuelos/Masakazu Imanari

Tatsuya Kawajiri vs. Kazuyuki Miyata

Ryo Chonan vs. Hayato "Mach" Sakurai

Megumi Fujii vs. Spain Karla Benitez

DREAM World Bantamweight Grand Prix Semifinals

Rodolfo Marques Diniz vs. Bibiano Fernandes

Antonio Banuelos vs. Masakazu Imanari

Reserve Bout: Hideo Tokoro vs. Yusup Saadulaev

Non-MMA Bouts

K-1 and MMA Mixed Rules

Yuichiro "Jienotsu" Nagashima vs. Katsunori Kikuno

K-1 Bouts

Yuta Kubo vs. Nils Widlund

Masaaki Noiri vs. Kengo Sonoda

IGF Matches

Kazushi Sakuraba & Katsuyori Shibata vs. Shinichi Suzukawa & Atsushi Sawada

Tim Sylvia vs. Jerome Le Banner

Josh Barnett vs. Hideki Suzuki

Kazuyuki Fujita vs. Peter Aerts

Besides seeing Fedor fight in Japan again I'm excited to see the two K-1 bouts because it features two of Japan's young talented kickboxing prospects Yuta Kubo and Masaaki Noiri.

kubo.gifNoiri02.gif

Edited by Patrick86L

Friday is going to be crazy:

with the UFC 141 prelims probably starting around 7pm, then the PPV from about 10:00-12-30am

then HDNet is airing the entire Dream NYE's card from 1am - 10am :ols:

Up all night, then NYE

:party:

Besides seeing Fedor fight in Japan again I'm excited to see the two K-1 bouts because it features two of Japan's young talented kickboxing prospects Yuta Kubo and Masaaki Noiri

Wow, that's an awesome knee knockout in the second gif.

I hope Cerrone kicks some sense into that boy.

He'll probably have to kick him in his ass to give Diaz brain damage.

As much of a Diaz Bros. fan I have always been, I'm really impressed by Cerrone. Factor in Diaz's improved boxing (as evidenced in his last fight) and this should be a sweet, sweet fight. I'm guessing Cerrone's got a little too much for him though.