Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anything MMA, except thumb wrestling

SUNSTONE

I'm admittedly a Jones fan. I don't get the "fake humble" vibe from him and he's truly fun to watch. Why do people seem to dislike him though? This article lists a few possible reasons. http://bleacherreport.com/articles/770894-jon-jones-5-reasons-why-people-hate-the-ufc-light-heavyweight-champion/page/2

I dislike him mainly because I thought it was lame how he dodged the Rashad fight. It was all set up then he backs out because he claims he needs surgery on a injury he's had since college. So at that point Rashad, not wanting to wait a year, schedules a new fight. Almost instantly once that's locked up Jones changes his mind and decides he doesn't need to have surgery after all and quickly schedules a fight with someone else, saying he doesn't want to wait on Rashad now.

Now, I'd pick Jones in a fight versus Rashad, but it just seemed kind of like he was ducking the guy that has trained with him a lot and probably understands him the best. I'm not even a Rashad fan, but the way it played out really made Jones look like he was scared of him and dodging the fight.

Come on Phil Davis, the 205 pound division needs a savior. Admittedly, it's my PSU blinders here, but Davis can kick legs, he's probably one of the only people in the division who's a better wrestler than Bones, and he's strong as hell. But he'll be at the same reach disadvantage and he's not that great of a striker, so I'm probably kidding myself.

Great submissions last night, and does Tito absorb the worst kind of damage to the body of any fighter ever? Good thing he's not in Nick Diaz' weight class, he'd lose an organ!

5yAx-Uzw-Xs

Interesting Rener's feeling towards the breaking of Nog's arm. Anyone else think Mir went a little too far? By no means do I know the intricacies of the Kimura, but I can tell you that when you have Big Nog in a lock, you might want to go at it 110%. Mir did, and boy is he a strong SOB. The amount of strength he uses in his submissions is perhaps the scariest in MMA history.

Edited by d0ublestr0ker0ll

I rewatched Bones/Machida, for a brief second or two, Machida's neck looked to be in the same position as the guy Dan Miller guillotined back in the IFL.

That Gracie breakdown is great. As they mentioned, Bones' reach is also a tremendous advantage when going for chokes like that.

I hate Mir (he's broken my hero in savage ways twice), but I can't blame him for breaking the arm. I saw it coming live, I actually closed my eyes. Didn't watch it snap until the replay.

Still nervous about the fight being pulled. Overeem is scheduled to have a conference call with the NSAC at 5PM EST because of an issue with his license to fight. Of course now rumors are circulating that it's from a failed drug test but he passed both tests when he fought in St. Louis last year and Dallas this year. Hopefully it's just some paperwork that needs to be filled out since he has never fought in Las Vegas before.

Still nervous about the fight being pulled. Overeem is scheduled to have a conference call with the NSAC at 5PM EST because of an issue with his license to fight. Of course now rumors are circulating that it's from a failed drug test but he passed both tests when he fought in St. Louis last year and Dallas this year. Hopefully it's just some paperwork that needs to be filled out since he has never fought in Las Vegas before.

if not we get Brock/Mir III

ibtgXSWtyDUHo6.jpg

whew sounds like Overeem is barely getting by for a license. Him going back to Holland has screwed everything up because he took blood tests over there and not urine tests which the NSAC requires. he passed the first blood test for steroids but the urine test required is for all drugs. there is a 2nd blood test that they are waiting for the results on and they are allowing both as long as the second one comes back clean as well.

it sounded like they thought Overeem fled to Holland to avoid the drug testing going as far as to question the legitimacy of his mother's illness.

one guy even asked if the scar on his face was from steroid injections and also thought that this was his first fight at heavyweight. :doh:

edit: i was wrong the 2nd test is a urine test but they still haven't gotten the results.

as soon as I type this no one seconded the motion to grant Overeem a license and are now deliberating further...

---------- Post added December-12th-2011 at 07:43 PM ----------

they just granted him the license. he has to take another urine test in the US before the fight that has to come back clean. then has to take random drug testing after the fight for 6 months.

Edited by Patrick86L

it sounded like they thought Overeem fled to Holland to avoid the drug testing going as far as to question the legitimacy of his mother's illness.

one guy even asked if the scar on his face was from steroid injections and also thought that this was his first fight at heavyweight. :doh:

Wow that's pretty ****ed up. Kind of rude IMO to insinuate that someone is lying about their mom being sick.

Looking at it from their perspective, they've probably heard every excuse in the book used and abused by fighters between boxing & mma.

But they aren't dealing with a multiple offender. Overeem has never failed a test (has he?). They had no right to be such dicks. Kizer is a prick.

Belfort & Wandy are coaching TUF: Brazil, and will fight at the shows end.

The UFC also announced Wand's funeral arrangements. (kidding)

Hey, that's not nice.

It is kinda odd that they are setting up this fight before his fight with Anthony Johnson at 142. I don't think Vitor would lose focus on his next fight, but it just seems weird.

This guy is a retard.

http://www.5thround.com/99689/junie-browning-wanted-by-police-following-bar-brawl-in-thailand/

Junie Browning Wanted by Police Following Bar Brawl in Thailand

According to Phuketwan.com, Junie Browning (Pictured) is being hunted by Thailand police for allegedly inciting a brawl inside of a Phuket bar and continuing his assault in the emergency treatment ward at Patong Hospital.

Authorities have been searching for the former UFC fighter since Sunday. The Phuket International Airport has also been alerted in case Browning attempts to flee the country.

The police report states Browning was allegedly seen beating up on an expat woman in a local bar. He then lashed out at a female staff member when she tried to intervene.

Four other tourists from Australia and the US also attempted to step in, but Browning subsequently went after them, as well.

All of the participants were eventually taken for treatment at Patong Hospital. However, that’s when Browning decided it was time for the brawl to enter into round two.

The troubled 26-year-old apparently fled the scene by the time Patong police arrived to the hospital.

If this report holds true, it wouldn’t be the first time Browning has battled inside of a infirmary. In October of 2009, he assaulted three nurses in Henderson, Nevada who were trying to help him after a failed suicide attempt.

Browning was immediately released from the UFC after charges were filed.