Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anything MMA, except thumb wrestling

SUNSTONE

cyborg destroyed zaromskis, didn't see that coming

female cyborg is looking better :paranoid:

Hey, I've been curious about your sig. What fight and when? Love it! I think you changed it where his dancing isn't so obvious.

I thought Noons lost but maybe that's the hate working. I hate KJ Noons. Hate. KJ. Noons.

I despise him too, but I think he won 29-28. I could see it 29-28 either way, but I was shocked that the one judge had it 30-27 for Heun.

Speaking of shocked, Cyborg mauling Zaromskis...did not see that coming.

And I was pretty impressed with Babalu. His boxing and movement were great, staying away from Lawler's power. Although that nasty body kick in the second had something to do with that too. Lawler was very protective of those ribs with his dominant arm for the remainder of the fight. Although I did score it 29-28 for Lawler. I thought he won the first and stole the third in the last minute. But it was a really close fight, so I am fine with the decision.

I was surprised that postfight he said that he did not really want to fight King Mo and called out Hendo. I would imagine he still fights Mo, or they try to have him fight him, because...they really do not have anyone else to fight him.

Strikeforce is in a sticky situation for most of their top fighters:

King Mo: Who does he fight if not Babalu? Nobody has a good argument that they deserve a title shot.

Babalu: He is non-commital about fighting Mo, but let's not forget that he got smoked by Mousasi in his previous fight.

Mousasi: Got dominated by King Mo and who knows what is next for him.

Hendo: Got beat up by a much smaller Shields in what was supposed to be a showcase fight for him.

Other than Diaz, Fedor and Overeem, it seems like everyone has question marks.

I would still put King Mo against Babalu. It is really the only fight for Mo that you can legitimately sell. I also put Mousasi against Hendo, unless Coker wants to give them lesser fights to get them back on track. The problem with SF is that there are no mid-card fighters. They are either on the top or on the bottom. There is not much middle ground.

Mousasi and Hendo was the fight I wanted to see when Dan moved over to Strikeforce; casual fans may turn away a little because they are both coming off of uninspiring losses, but that would be a huge fight for both of them.

I hate KJ Noons. Hate. KJ. Noons.

Same here. Can't stand him.

I despise him too, but I think he won 29-28. I could see it 29-28 either way, but I was shocked that the one judge had it 30-27 for Heun.

Speaking of shocked, Cyborg mauling Zaromskis...did not see that coming.

And I was pretty impressed with Babalu. His boxing and movement were great, staying away from Lawler's power. Although that nasty body kick in the second had something to do with that too. Lawler was very protective of those ribs with his dominant arm for the remainder of the fight. Although I did score it 29-28 for Lawler. I thought he won the first and stole the third in the last minute. But it was a really close fight, so I am fine with the decision.

I was surprised that postfight he said that he did not really want to fight King Mo and called out Hendo. I would imagine he still fights Mo, or they try to have him fight him, because...they really do not have anyone else to fight him.

Strikeforce is in a sticky situation for most of their top fighters:

King Mo: Who does he fight if not Babalu? Nobody has a good argument that they deserve a title shot.

Babalu: He is non-commital about fighting Mo, but let's not forget that he got smoked by Mousasi in his previous fight.

Mousasi: Got dominated by King Mo and who knows what is next for him.

Hendo: Got beat up by a much smaller Shields in what was supposed to be a showcase fight for him.

Other than Diaz, Fedor and Overeem, it seems like everyone has question marks.

I would still put King Mo against Babalu. It is really the only fight for Mo that you can legitimately sell. I also put Mousasi against Hendo, unless Coker wants to give them lesser fights to get them back on track. The problem with SF is that there are no mid-card fighters. They are either on the top or on the bottom. There is not much middle ground.

Mousasi and Hendo was the fight I wanted to see when Dan moved over to Strikeforce; casual fans may turn away a little because they are both coming off of uninspiring losses, but that would be a huge fight for both of them.

The way things played out, it's going to be kind of tough. A King Mo/Mousasi auto-rematch doesn't make sense, one win over Lawler at 195 doesn't earn Babalu a 205 title shot IMO, and Hendo trains with King Mo plus it's hard to justify Hendo a 205 title shot coming off of a loss.

But I can't really think of anything better than what you proposed, Babalu against King Mo and Hendo against Mousasi.

I also wouldn't mind seeing Tim Kennedy up against a higher-tiered guy now. He's finished four fights in a row now against some of Strikeforce's gate-keeper types like Trevor Prangley and Nick Thompson.

Matching him against a Matt Linland or Zaromskis (at MW) would be a good step up for him.

Edited by #98QBKiller

I'm fairly new to the sport. Why do you guys hate KJ Noons so much?

I hate him because he fought Nick Diaz a couple of years ago for a vacant title, won a BS TKO because Diaz was cut and the doctors wouldn't let him continue (even though Diaz was clearly fine to go and wanted to fight), and then refused to give Diaz a rematch because he said he thought Diaz "didn't deserve it." I'll admit he was beating Diaz pretty bad in the fight but it was still a bull**** decision. Plus Diaz had taken him down and passed his guard pretty easily late in the 1st round, so if the fight had continued who knows what would have happened.

And on top of that, he's a preppy ******** that acts like he's better than everyone...and he got knocked out by Krazy Horse lol.

Ultimate Fighter 11 Finale: Jardine vs. His Career, picks:

Spencer Fisher vs. Dennis Siver: Two hard nosed sons of ****es, I'll go with Fisher bouncing back.

Fisher, Unanimous Decision

Aaron Simpson vs. Chris Leben: Good matchup, and an extremely huge fight for Leben. I just think he's being surpassed by the majority of talent at this point.

Simpson, Split Decision.

Keith Jardine vs. Matt Hamill: I don't think Jardine will be cut if he loses this. You might find him on an undercard his next fight, which could very well be a win or goodbye fight. He's an extremely recognizable face and name, is a classic TUF alum, and he's a very classy guy that represents the sport well outside of the octagon. Hey, you know what rhymes with classy? Glassy. As in his chin. Hamill likes to throw and bring his hands back to his waist, which should present some opportunities for Jardine. But he better get the heck out of the way, because Hamill will definitely put him to bed with those treetrunk arms winging straight punches. Hamill can obviously impliment his wrestling against Jardine as well. It's his fight to lose.

Hamill, KO, round 3.

Edited by d0ublestr0ker0ll

Ultimate Fighter 11 Finale: Jardine vs. His Career, picks:

Spencer Fisher vs. Dennis Siver: Two hard nosed sons of ****es, I'll go with Fisher bouncing back.

Fisher, Unanimous Decision

Aaron Simpson vs. Chris Leben: Good matchup, and an extremely huge fight for Leben. I just think he's being surpassed by the majority of talent at this point.

Simpson, Split Decision.

Keith Jardine vs. Matt Hamill: I don't think Jardine will be cut if he loses this. You might find him on an undercard his next fight, which could very well be a win or goodbye fight. He's an extremely recognizable face and name, is a classic TUF alum, and he's a very classy guy that represents the sport well outside of the octagon. Hey, you know what rhymes with classy? Glassy. As in his chin. Hamill likes to throw and bring his hands back to his waist, which should present some opportunities for Jardine. But he better get the heck out of the way, because Hamill will definitely put him to bed with those treetrunk arms winging straight punches. Hamill can obviously impliment his wrestling against Jardine as well. It's his fight to lose.

Hamill, KO, round 3.

Who do you have in the actual finale?

Simpson, Split Decision.

Why you sleepin on da Cripplah? I don't care how mediocre he is and always will be, I loves me some Leebs. I'm gonna predict Chris Leben a winner every time he fights for the rest of my and/or his lifetime.

I'll take Matt Hamill's meat-iron hands in the 2nd.

I'm backing my boy McCray from Virginia in the TUF finale. I think he's the underdog but I go with the local guys.