Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anything MMA, except thumb wrestling

SUNSTONE

I thought some of those elbows were illegal. The side of his noggin is pretty busted up in the pic. Although I won't mind if it doesn't get overturned.

http://mmajunkie.com/news/19634/james-mcsweeneys-camp-wants-tuf-11-finale-loss-overturned-nsac-head-responds.mma

Never was a fan of McSweeney. The way he tortured Mitrione was uncalled for. I'd love to see him fight Meathead now. :)

I hope that James Toney plans to get in better shape than that for his fight. He does realize it's an MMA fight right? Randy's game plan is going to be to either tie him up or put him on his but the entire fight... either option requires crazy conditioning to survive. It could turn out to be exactly like Tito Shamrock... an immediate take down followed by a beating.

Randy can win this fight via rape if he just takes Toney down as soon as the bell rings. If he gets a big head and thinks he has to prove something about MMA and striking then he'll get put to sleep quickly.

You'd have to be pretty stupid to try to box and top tier boxer with MMA gloves on. Randy never struck me as being that stupid.

NOOOOOOoooooooooooooo!!

:mad:

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2010/6/22/1531028/wanderlei-silva-injured-out-of-ufc

Wanderlei Silva Injured, Out of UFC 116, Chris Leben In

"Wanderlei Silva, who was scheduled to meet Yoshihiro Akiyama at UFC 116 on July 3, has been forced to withdraw from the card due to fractured ribs suffered in training, UFC president Dana White confirmed with MMA Fighting Tuesday afternoon."

"UFC is currently working on signing his replacement. No word just yet on who that might be."

A source close to the event told MMAjunkie.com Leben has agreed to the bout and is expected to sign shortly.

Leben's placement in the fight was confirmed to MMAWeekly.com by sources close to the fight on Tuesday.

Randy can win this fight via rape if he just takes Toney down as soon as the bell rings. If he gets a big head and thinks he has to prove something about MMA and striking then he'll get put to sleep quickly.

Bingo. Whoever lands their first attempt at what they do for a living will win handily.

Takedown? Toney suffers and taps. Punch? Couture sleeps.

I agree. This card is definitely watered down. If something happened to the main event, they'd have to show it on Spike for free.

Right... but we all know this main event could be shown following a salsa dance lessons from Albert Haynesworth and it would still draw crowds. Lesnar is a huge draw and even ignorant MMA casual fans can understand "Carwin wins in under a minute" means.

Chris Leben is replacing Wandy at 116 after fighting last saturday night?

Come on, guys. Leebs is a golden god with iron gonads. He's gonna get killed but the man deserves a round of applause for this. :)

I definitely respect him for taking the fight on short notice immediately after beating up Aaron Simpson. And I actually like Leben, he's not a top 5 or 10 guy but he's fun to watch. He's just no Wandy.

I think the combination of the Wand fight and the main event was just enough to get me to buy the PPV, but now I'm fine with going down to Buffalo's and watching it. They've got a couple of giant screens plus I doubt I'll spend $50 on beer. :)

Looking at the card though, I'd like to see Chris Lytle beat up Matt Brown, and I'm pretty interested in seeing George Sotiropolous fight again. So I guess it's not a terrible card, but the loss of Wand definitely affects it.

<object width="960" height="745"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ERMPDZsMT8&hl=en_US&fs=1&hd=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ERMPDZsMT8&hl=en_US&fs=1&hd=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="960" height="745"></embed></object>

I agree with your picks. I think Fedor wins by TKO though. I know what you mean about that weird feeling. These days I always get nervous when Fedor fights because you never know in MMA and there's always so much pressure on him to not lose. Werdum isn't a bum, he's very capable of submitting Fedor if things went his way, but his wrestling isn't great and he doesn't want to lock into the clinch with Fedor because he'll get thrown down like a rag doll.

Yep, the X factor will be the takedowns and perhaps even Fedor's ability not to get swept. He's the absolute best in MMA history at getting out of trouble on his back by twisting in to armbar attempts. If Werdum can neutralize that, he may very well find a submission. The problem is finding himself on top of Fedor.

Edited by d0ublestr0ker0ll