Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anything MMA, except thumb wrestling

SUNSTONE

Daniel Cormier is a tough, well-rounded fighter and a solid champion but UFC 200 only confirmed for me that he has NOTHING for Jon Jones.

Also- Anyone have video of the Lauzon-Sanchez fight? I missed that and I've been waiting to see Sanchez KOed for a LOOOONG time.

I wouldn't take too much from what Cormier did at UFC 200.  He was probably mentally unstable and angry about the situation, and knew that Silva's only chance would be if Daniel stood there and traded strikes.  He did what he had to do to get a win, in the least dangerous scenario possible on 2 day's notice.

I wouldn't take too much from what Cormier did at UFC 200.  He was probably mentally unstable and angry about the situation, and knew that Silva's only chance would be if Daniel stood there and traded strikes.  He did what he had to do to get a win, in the least dangerous scenario possible on 2 day's notice.

I understand why he fought the way he did, I don't understand how he gassed while doing it. He had a full camp and was sucking wind mid-way through the 2nd after spending time on top of Anderson

I do get that but what we saw was that a well-trained Silva would have TKOed him and Jon Jones would have murdered him. I love DC, I can't stand Bones but Cormier better hope they never let Jones come back.

DC rag-dolled Silva pretty much at will.  Silva has never been good at defending takedowns. Cormier's head didn't even really seem in the fight either and was mostly fighting on instinct.   If Silva was his opponent from the get-go, I think he probably finishes Silva in the 1st via ground & pound.

DC rag-dolled Silva pretty much at will.  Silva has never been good at defending takedowns. Cormier's head didn't even really seem in the fight either and was mostly fighting on instinct.   If Silva was his opponent from the get-go, I think he probably finishes Silva in the 1st via ground & pound.

Wow. You guys are acting like DC was the one with ZERO training camp, coming off surgery. DC trained FOREVER for Bones and got the one fighter on Planet Earth who is as close to Bones as it gets.

Silva was completely out of shape and even coming off surgery. I thought we knew MMA around here.

• Like 1

Bones was inshape against a week notified OSP and he looked bad too. **** happens.

Loooong, rusty layoff and he did break OSP's arm.   :)

Edit- Although that may have been the PEDs.  LOL

Edited by Chachie

Well I am shocked that Brock Lesnar is on PEDs.

Although it wouldn't be surprising if it was indeed PED's, they actually have not confirmed that PED's was the type of substance in question.

Mark Hunt is furious. He is demanding either half of Lesnar's purse, or to be released from the UFC.

In Bellator news, Michael Page is facing Cyborg's ex-husband today.

Although probably not much of a step up, from his previous competition, and probably no different of an end result, either.