Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anything MMA, except thumb wrestling

SUNSTONE

How much of a chance does everyone give Zingano this weekend? I just don't see it. Rousey has developed a right hand and good knees to the body now, she's still evolving. Zingano gets finished, probably early too. Zingano starts slow and Ronda likes to win early. All eyes should be on Holm, IMO. I like Pennington, but she might get her clock cleaned. Holm probably gets the next shot if she wins. Cyborg is fighting this weekend in Invicta too, I believe.

Edited by d0ublestr0ker0ll

Honestly, the fight that interests me the most, is the first fight on the card - Ferguson vs Tibau

Ferg's been on a bit of a tear, and been putting on some good shows lately.

Fights with a ton of heart, from beginning to end, and is willing to win, using any method possible.

Edited by Malapropismic Depository

How much of a chance does everyone give Zingano this weekend? I just don't see it. Rousey has developed a right hand and good knees to the body now, she's still evolving. Zingano gets finished, probably early too. Zingano starts slow and Ronda likes to win early. All eyes should be on Holm, IMO. I like Pennington, but she might get her clock cleaned. Holm probably gets the next shot if she wins. Cyborg is fighting this weekend in Invicta too, I believe.

Not only that but I think it's two fights in a row that Cat was losing pretty significantly and then came back and won in the final moments. If she gets off to a start like that against Rousey, the fight will be over before she ever gets an opportunity to attempt a comeback.

I think style-wise it is a bad fight for Cat because she needs to be the aggressor standing up, but that will also work against her as Rousey will likely pepper the jab out there to setup a takedown, and once it hits the ground it is pretty much over. 

Rousey by armbar early.

BTW- What's King Mo (205) trying to prove tonight by getting in the cage with Cheick Kongo (265)? I never thought Mo was the sharpest tool in the shed but this is just silly.

Edited by Chachie

Rousey by armbar early.

BTW- What's King Mo (205) trying to prove tonight by getting in the cage with Cheick Kongo (265)? I never thought Mo was the sharpest tool in the shed but this is just silly.

brucewillisdoubletake.gif

Did Mo cut weight and step in for Kongo's injured opponent? Kongo usually weighs in around 240. Without cutting, Mo probably weighs around 15 lbs lighter. Ain't that much, although Kongo has 4 inches and the big reach advantage. I can still imagine Mo hurting ole Kongo, which would be a big feather in Mo's cap. Still, Kongo might set back Mo's career with a highlight reel knockout. Even if it is a step up to heavyweight, it doesn't look good getting the lights shut off.

Did Mo cut weight and step in for Kongo's injured opponent? Kongo usually weighs in around 240. Without cutting, Mo probably weighs around 15 lbs lighter. Ain't that much, although Kongo has 4 inches and the big reach advantage. I can still imagine Mo hurting ole Kongo, which would be a big feather in Mo's cap. Still, Kongo might set back Mo's career with a highlight reel knockout. Even if it is a step up to heavyweight, it doesn't look good getting the lights shut off.

Mo doesn't have much of a career after losing twice to Emmanuel Newton. He has a name, but thats about it. Kongo never showed much of a fight IQ, he might mess around and try to wrestle King Mo tonight.

Mo doesn't have much of a career after losing twice to Emmanuel Newton. He has a name, but thats about it. Kongo never showed much of a fight IQ, he might mess around and try to wrestle King Mo tonight.

Newton is Bellator's champ, he isn't a bad fighter, and he's defending that belt against an undefeated guy tonight, btw.

If Mo were to beat Kongo and seperate himself from those losses a little more, he could potentially get a shot in the UFC down the line. Big risk/big reward if he wins, IMO. Don't think he's beyond reinvigorating his career. That said, I have a feeling he gets knocked out tonight.

Newton is Bellator's champ, he isn't a bad fighter, and he's defending that belt against an undefeated guy tonight, btw.

If Mo were to beat Kongo and seperate himself from those losses a little more, he could potentially get a shot in the UFC down the line. Big risk/big reward if he wins, IMO. Don't think he's beyond reinvigorating his career. That said, I have a feeling he gets knocked out tonight.

Newton is a solid fighter and the first fight you could almost write off as flukey since Mo got hit with spinning ****. The 2nd fight was more concerning sign for Mo. He doesn't have much of a gas tank and his knee surgeries have taken most of the fire out of his wrestling if you make it past the first round. He's a prizefighter now, nothing wrong with that at all. I'm sure he's still making more than anyone in Bellator outside of Tito & Kimbo

Mo's never been too concerned about fighting in the UFC, he wants to fight for whoever will pay him the most. I don't think his knees will ever allow him to have any sustained success unfortunately.

Just saw that Sokoudjou was on this card. For about 5 minutes, he was the future of MMA, then he got slayed by the Dragon and people realized he couldn't fight past 5 minutes.

Yeah, Mo is a novelty and he's a sluggish fighter with sketchy knees. I still think he could be inserted in to the UFC roster no problem, especially if he beats Kongo. Not sure of his contractual status, or his aspirations, but the UFC signs a ton of people now. He could easily get on a main card. I had high hopes for him, his career up to now has been worse than expected. A win against Kongo will have him on a 3 fight winning streak.