Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anything MMA, except thumb wrestling

SUNSTONE

Ultimate

Fighting

Corruption

http://espn.go.com/blog/MMA/post/_/id/21759/

For the second time in less than one month, the mixed martial arts community is left with the question: How was a UFC fighter allowed to compete after he failed a drug test? 

The Nevada State Athletic Commission revealed on Tuesday that Anderson Silva had tested positive for two steroids, drostanolone and androstane, prior to defeating Nick Diaz via unanimous decision on Jan. 31 in Las Vegas. 

Last month, the NSAC revealed that UFC light heavyweight champion Jon Jones had tested positive for traces of cocaine prior to a title fight against Daniel Cormier at UFC 182 on Jan. 3 in Las Vegas. Jones was allowed to still compete, as cocaine is not technically a banned substance "out-of-competition" in the state of Nevada. He defeated Cormier via unanimous decision. 

In Silva's case, the NSAC has stated it did not receive the results of the test, which was administered on Jan. 9, until Feb. 3 -- three days after Silva (34-6) competed in the Octagon. 

More at link.

This is ridiculous. Apparently failing a steroid test doesn't prevent anyone from getting in the octagon. 

UFC corrupt as hell. I don't care that Nick smoking weed, everyone already knows that, Silva testing positive for PED's is another thing entirely. Also, I read on sherdog that Nick test positive on a post fight test. Apparently strenuous activity can make some test positive because the metabolites are stored in the fat and the activity releases them.

I called nick getting popped for weed before the fight even happened. He's a pothead.

• Like 1

I called nick getting popped for weed before the fight even happened. He's a pothead.

Yeah I don't think he even tries to hide it. I assumed the UFC gave up on that issue when they signed him to fight in his last 5 bouts. Why even sign him? Or for that matter, if you want him to make you money, why even test him?

That's basically their policy for steroid fighters anyway if they don't get the results until AFTER a fight. Why test them at all? It stops nothing. So stupid. 

Yeah I don't think he even tries to hide it. I assumed the UFC gave up on that issue when they signed him to fight in his last 5 bouts. Why even sign him? Or for that matter, if you want him to make you money, why even test him?

That's basically their policy for steroid fighters anyway if they don't get the results until AFTER a fight. Why test them at all? It stops nothing. So stupid.

One of my friends is an MMA fighter. His coach is pretty well known in the Brazilian circuit and has basically said all of these Brazilian fighters are on something. I'm not surprised that they're getting caught left and right.

One of my friends is an MMA fighter. His coach is pretty well known in the Brazilian circuit and has basically said all of these Brazilian fighters are on something. I'm not surprised that they're getting caught left and right.

I don't think its restricted to just the Brazilians.  The commissions only catch the dumb or lazy. Different fight game writers say its about 75-80% of fighters on something. Sounds high at first, then you think about how incompetent or simply corrupt the fight commissions are, and it becomes more believable.

• Like 1

http://mmajunkie.com/2015/02/jon-fitch-fails-post-wsof-16-drug-test-faces-fines-and-suspension

Yet another high-profile fighter has failed a drug test, adding to this year’s rapidly expanding list of offenders.

The California State Athletic Commission today said onetime UFC and WSOF welterweight title challenger Jon Fitch (26-7-1) was flagged for an “adverse result” following a pre-fight drug test in connection with this past December’s WSOF 16, which aired on NBCSN.

The CSAC, which oversaw the Dec. 13 event at McClellan Conference Center in Sacramento, Calif., performed a CIR test on Fitch’s urine sample and confirmed the result. The commission declined to name the substance for which he was flagged. However, multiple sources close to the fighter indicated the test found elevated levels of testosterone.

The sources spoke on the condition of anonymity because they are not authorized to discuss such matters publicly.

Fitch faced WSOF champ Rousimar Palhares (17-6) at WSOF 16 and fell prey to a kneebar submission in the first round. He now faces a one-year suspension and $2,500 fine. He may appeal the commission’s finding at a future CSAC hearing.

Damn, forgot Glory was on Spike. I never watch Spike because everytime I see it in my guide there is a Cops, Bar Rescue, or some other show in a 6-12 hour marathon.

So the NSAC (I think they call themselves NAC now) decides to pull Silva from his TUF Brazil 4 coaching gig- it's started filming in Vegas on Feb. 2 & they oversee the exhibition event. They asked to have Silva removed since he is currently suspended, hearing with the NAC is Feb 17.

This has gone from pathetic to sad, the NAC messing up, then trying to save face with this move.

http://www.mmafighting.com/2015/2/10/8014473/nac-hector-lombard-failed-ufc-182-drug-test

Hector Lombard failed his UFC 182 fight night drug test, according to a Nevada Athletic Commission report obtained by MMAFighting.com.

The 37-year-old Lombard tested positive for the anabolic steroid desoxymethyltestosterone, according to the report. Online resource Wikipedia calls the performance-enhancing drug, which is also known as "DMT," "one of the first designer steroids to be marketed as a PED to athletes and bodybuilders."

Lombard defeated Josh Burkman via unanimous decision at UFC 182 on Jan. 3. The win improved his record as a welterweight to 3-0.

The UFC has confirmed that Lombard's drug test failure was the reason why his April 25 fight against Rory MacDonald was canceled. As a result, the organization is currently exploring new fight options for MacDonald, while Demetrious Johnson vs. Kyoji Horiguchi for the UFC flyweight title was named the new UFC 186 co-main event.

Another one bites the dust.......

Man.

In hindsight yeah, big surprise about Lombard :eyeroll:...but I wanted to believe he wasn't. I'm always giving fighters the benefit of the doubt. Overeem, Belfort, everyone. This is just sad.

Really bumming me out. I am liking the stance that GSP and Rousey have taken on this issue though. I hope they have some influence on the future of these policies.

I'm almost ok with them doing away with testing. It's getting to the point where so many fighters are using PEDs that testing is ruining the sport for the fans because it keeps taking fights away from us. Pride never tested and we got some of the greatest fights of all time over there. 

Also, on a different note, I got promoted to purple belt in BJJ this weekend. When I first started out I couldn't imagine getting to purple. Still a long way to go though:

gcrR63a.jpg

• Like 3

I'm almost ok with them doing away with testing. It's getting to the point where so many fighters are using PEDs that testing is ruining the sport for the fans because it keeps taking fights away from us. Pride never tested and we got some of the greatest fights of all time over there. 

Also, on a different note, I got promoted to purple belt in BJJ this weekend. When I first started out I couldn't imagine getting to purple. Still a long way to go though:

1. Congrats, 98!!

2. What fights has it taken away from us? My complaint is that no matter what they test positive for, Dana says "Ssshhhhhhh..." and still ushers them into the cage so he doesn't lose a dime.   :angry:

I wish it would take some fights away so that fighters would have something to fear. 

Edited by Chachie

QBKilla.....congrats on the promotion.  I know it took a lot of hardwork and effort to get that purple belt.  You'll get that brown belt in no time.

Question, did you still have to compete in open tournaments (NAGA) to get promoted to purple?  How's the colliflower ear coming along?

Edited by tone_dubbz