Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anything MMA, except thumb wrestling

SUNSTONE

Anybody can beat anybody at anytime. Just because a fighter beats another fighter it does not mean they are better, they where just better that night.

Rousey can be beaten, but running into a clinch with an OlympIan Judoka is not the way to go about it. Cat should fire whoever suggested that.

Rowdy also made the point that the women she has fought maybe have been fighting for 10 years at most where as she has been trained for this (in a sense) all her life.

No one is going to out grapple her or get their arm out of trouble if it gets there, and other ways of attacking her are getting less & less as she works on other aspects of her game. I think the way to beat her is the way TJ took the belt from Barao (@135 coincidentally), lateral movement sticking shots from strange angles.

Edited by artmonkforHOF

Also, didn't Dana himself once say that females would never compete in the UFC, at all ?

Society's views and expectations are constantly evolving, but they don't change overnight, but in gradual stages.

I can't say when, but I am very certain that the man/woman fight will eventually happen. And that's not to say that I believe it should. 

Society, at least in terms of consequences for athletes, are going more strict on instances of domestic violence. They're not waiting for courts to find athletes guilty, they are suspending on accusations of domestic violence. I don't see that tide reversing itself anytime soon. A man/woman fight in a serious MMA organization will not happen in our lifetime, nor would I support it if it did happen. The ramifications of it could end what left of this "sport". Imagine the outrage if they match Ronda against the 20th ranked male bantamweight and he grounds and pounds her into the mat. The possibility of seeing the visual of a man standing over a woman landing unanswered blows is the worst thing that could possibly happen to MMA.

• Like 1

Technically, it's already happened.

Or in the very least, it's taken a gigantic step towards that happening.

One could create a strong argument, that Fallon Fox is scientifically and physiologically a man fighting against women, since the medical procedure still left significant male characteristics and functions remaining, in bone and muscle structure and mass, which for all intents and purposes, are very pertinent to fighting.

I bet you'd agree that if you took poll about 20 or more years ago, that over 90% of people including experts, would say that "A regulated fight between a transgender and a woman would never happen". Also, didn't Dana himself once say that females would never compete in the UFC, at all ?

Society's views and expectations are constantly evolving, but they don't change overnight, but in gradual stages.

I can't say when, but I am very certain that the man/woman fight will eventually happen. And that's not to say that I believe it should.

If society is going to evolve, its is going to move AWAY from men fighting women.

If society is going to devolve, it is going to move towards men fighting women.

• Like 1

If society is going to evolve, its is going to move AWAY from men fighting women.

If society is going to devolve, it is going to move towards men fighting women.

Still actually wondering about that. Men beating women is devolving or even staying put. Women fighting men might be tough to watch at first but true equality will come as women close the gap in physical capability. Who knows, maybe Ronda is the first of a future fleet.

I know how that sounds coming out, but I really mean that women will become as tough as they can train to be and it's all got to start somewhere. More and more women fighters are only going to make women better fighters. As long as the weight class is even, anything can happen.

Completely disagree Chachie. Disregard all the physical and genetic advantages that men have over women. From a MORAL standpoint, it's the age old lesson of a man shouldn't hit a woman unless he absolutely has to. You take the higher ground, you walk away. Equality stops there. Being civilized and a gentleman is always the right way to go. Any fighter willing to fight a woman is ruined in my book. The promotion would be too. I'd probably stop watching the UFC.

To me it would be lame, dispicable. I wouldn't watch. To see a woman get KOd by a guy? Not my thing at all. Just the threat of it is completely ridiculous. Uncalled for. It's not needed. Let women play men in tennis or golf before they endulge in to something pugilistic.

Would set a horrible example for a nation with a big domestic violence problem already. Be damned if I want my kid growing up watching men kicking womens' asses on TV.

Edited by d0ublestr0ker0ll
  • Like 1

my picks:

Pettis: RDA can pull the upset, but Pettis is too dangerous and has best killer instinct of any champion outside of Rousey. RDA has transformed himself into a dangerous striker and his ground game is top notch, but Pettis' speed is something he hasn't seen.

Polish lady who's name I won't attempt to spell: I think she can outstrike Esparza and her defensive wrestling will allow her to remain standing long enough to win rounds. Should be a close fight, Esparza has fantastic timing on her transitions from striking to takedowns.

Hendricks: Still can't bring myself to fully buy into Matt Brown. As long as Hendricks has his cardio under control, he should win easily. Matt Brown can't handle body shots at all, if Hendricks is smart, he'll attack the body early and often.

Nelson: Picking Nelson not because I think he's good, but Overeem has a **** defense and Nelson will spam his one weapon until it lands. Reem needs to be really close or really far out to work his game. Should be an easy win for Reem, but Reem doesn't follow conventional wisdom

Cejudo: Really like his game, could be legit threat to MM if his head is screwed on right.