Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anything MMA, except thumb wrestling

SUNSTONE

Missed the event, but RDA is a monster. Pettis has looked flawless to the point where people were already wanting to see him face Aldo. RDA just has a certain intensity and strength, and he's also really fast. Monster. Surprised he had that much success with strikes and didn't finish Pettis.

Rafael Cordeiro is something else. He's been around MMA forever and can now claim 2 of the most improved fighters in the UFC . Under Cordeiro, Werdum has gone from begging Overeem to enter his guard to knocking out Mark Hunt and brutalizing others on the feet. RDA has gone from looking like a gatekeeper to being one of the more well-rounded fighters in the UFC. Cordeiro's other fighter, Beneil Dariush looked great last night as well. He looks like someone to watch at 155.

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2015/3/19/8244663/ufc-khabib-abdulmanap-nurmegomedov-dagestan-dynasty-fighting-family-business-mountains-war-mma

Mixed Martial Arts was never the plan that he had for his son. It was a sport that few understood in Dagestan, and even fewer ventured to experiment with in the United States. In fact, he didn’t want his son near professional sports; he wanted him to study, and find success outside of athletic competition.

There was little he could do to stop him though. Khabib’s mind was made up — he was going to be a UFC fighter.

This is a damn fine longform piece on Khabib and his father.

This ref just had one of the biggest "wanna get away" moments I can recall in MMA. He declared a guy was out with no tap and the guy wasn't remotely close to unconscious, in fact, there wasn't much to the choke he was in.

That ref has to be fired on the spot

Edited by StillUnknown

http://www.mmafighting.com/2015/3/24/8259545/in-search-of-strange-brew

Ten years after the original Ultimate Fighter television show put the UFC on the map, one of its cast members fell off. So … whatever happened to Jason Thacker, the quirky Canadian that trained out of the old abandoned truck stop?

I’ve long been fascinated with Jason Thacker. It’s very possible I’m the only one. Why? It’s sort of complicated. I suspect it stems from overthinking a word like "belonging." In the short history of the UFC, he was a person that ended up in the exact wrong place at the exact right time. Or maybe it was the right place at the wrong time. Whatever it was, man did he catch a lot of hell just for being there. And back then, being there meant something. Remember that?

Very good read on one of the members of the first Ultimate Fighter Cast. Sounds like he got a raw deal all around.

Ronda was in the ring at Wrestlemania tonight. Awesome moment, here's a slightly edited vid of it:

http://uproxx.com/prowrestling/2015/03/ronda-rousey-video-triple-h-wrestlemania/

Seems like yesterday she was the next big thing coming out of amateur MMA. Crazy how fast she went from little ole Strikeforce Challenger cards to a transcending superstar. We could all tell she was bound for stardom, but this has exceeded anything I imagined.

Conor McGregor's act is getting old.  I used to like how he was brash and backed up his smack talk, but all this stuff with Aldo is over the top.  I'm usually a fan of the underdog, but now I think I'll start pulling for Aldo.

Conor McGregor's act is getting old.  I used to like how he was brash and backed up his smack talk, but all this stuff with Aldo is over the top.  I'm usually a fan of the underdog, but now I think I'll start pulling for Aldo.

I agree, but its not going anywhere. He's made himself into a legit star, the only thing worse will be the inevitable copycats who don't have his abilities on the mic.

This tour just solidifies the opinion that approximately 90% of MMA fans rank just above those idiots who start brawls at soccer events. Aldo is pretty chill, I wouldn't have the patience to sit through a bunch of Irish fans calling me a ****

• Like 1

I think it has gone a little over the top too, but I like how Aldo has started giving it back to him. I think this has been great for Aldo, giving him more of a personality. This fight tour has also built a lot more hype for the fight. I don't know who I am pulling for yet, because I like them both. I think I will lean toward Aldo, but I think I will just sit back and enjoy this one, because I doubt it will be boring. 

I only saw part of it. But from what I heard about it...wow.

Yeah I've a friend who was at it. Said he couldn't believe what he was seeing/hearing. Typical of some of the drunk element in this country at times though. There are pretty rough areas around Dublin. Not a fair reflection on the population as a whole. 

A lot of people jumping on the UFC bandwagon over here. 6 months ago, the large majority of them thought Aldo was a brand of shoe. 

Edited by Morrison J

I agree with what's been said about Conor.

But I don't know what's worse - Conor's behaviour, or the fact that Dana and UFC basically smile down on the behaviour, and probably condone it, or even encourage it.

A lot of people jumping on the UFC bandwagon over here. 6 months ago, the large majority of them thought Aldo was a brand of shoe. 

Or an 80's band.

Edited by Malapropismic Depository

I agree, but its not going anywhere. He's made himself into a legit star, the only thing worse will be the inevitable copycats who don't have his abilities on the mic.

Aren't we all ready in the copy cat stage? We had Brock Lesnar taking issue with Frank Mir eating his strawberries. Then you had Chael Sonnen's fake-it-til-you-make-it brazilian hate tour. Now you have Connor McGregor talking about spit buckets and snatching belts like a 6 year old with behavioral issues. Each is taking things a bit further than the last. Dana White loves it.

People will say it's because it's good for business but I remind you all of the tone of Dana's interviews and comments not too long ago. Dana loves this stuff.