Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anything MMA, except thumb wrestling

SUNSTONE

Good call, Strokes. I'm so happy for Mirko. I wish he'd retire on this one.

Yeah, apparently he lost rounds 1 & 2? Would hate to see him KOd again. Guy tends to go out like a light. Even dating back to Randleman. Wonder if he wants to avenge some losses or fight Big Nog again. I dunno man, those guys matchup pretty evenly with him...

Awesome he made it back and avenged that knockout, bet he feels like a million bucks.

Yeah, apparently he lost rounds 1 & 2? Would hate to see him KOd again. Guy tends to go out like a light. Even dating back to Randleman. Wonder if he wants to avenge some losses or fight Big Nog again. I dunno man, those guys matchup pretty evenly with him...

Awesome he made it back and avenged that knockout, bet he feels like a million bucks.

I was watching the live fight stats on UFC.com. It looked like a carbon copy of the first fight. Lots of G&P from ManBearPig, which I thought would culminate in another KO victory for him. Then the 3rd round, boom! MBP must have gassed a little and Cro Cop must have thrown caution to the wind. Landed some nice elbows and punched him into submission.

I have always wanted CC to avenge that loss too but simply thought it was a pipe dream. I cringed when they signed this fight but I'm so happy for the legend. One thing is for sure, there is no more kick game from Mirko. He just doesn't go there anymore.

• Like 1

Pretty decent card tomorrow.

3 MW Title Contenders, with Souza, Rockhold, and Machida.....although Souza's fight won't even be a contest

I will have my eye on Patrick Cummins, because he may finally be developing.

He's 3-0 since Cormier, and a win over OSP would certainly legitimize him, and crack him into the Top 10

And then......there's this matchup

Edited by Malapropismic Depository

Paige trains here in Sac with Faber's team alpha male. She is legit but is still way early in her career will be interesting to see if she is ready for this opportunity. I wouldn't mind seeing her finish Herrig as her "too good for this" attitude is a bit much.

Pretty decent card tomorrow.

3 MW Title Contenders, with Souza, Rockhold, and Machida.....although Souza's fight won't even be a contest

I will have my eye on Patrick Cummins, because he may finally be developing.

He's 3-0 since Cormier, and a win over OSP would certainly legitimize him, and crack him into the Top 10

Its a great card, a nice mix of top tier talent & rising prospects. Its a shame Yoel Romero got hurt, as now Jacare/Camozzi looks terribly out of place on the card. I'm really looking forward to seeing Beneil Dariush & Aljamain Sterling fight the best competition of their careers so far. 

Dariush's striking is growing at an alarming rate under Rafael Cordeiro at Kings MMA and he was already a beast on the ground. I think he beats Jim Miller.

Aljamain Sterling has the potential to be special at 135. Trains with an excellent camp and seems to be singularly focused on being a great fighter. He talks all the time on twitter about studying fights, that usually bodes well for a young fighter. Mizugaki is step up in competition and is usually a tough out for anybody in the division (the Cruz beating notwithstanding). Win or lose, I'm sold on Sterling. Could be a case of too much, too soon, but I think he steps up and beats Mizugaki.

my picks:

Rockhold by Submission

Jacare by whatever he chooses

Holloway by Decision

VanZant by Decision

Dariush by Submission

Cummins by Decision

Anderson by (T)KO

Sterling by Submission

Edited by StillUnknown

On the weigh in, Machida was grimacing, I dunno if he is injured or the weight cut is affecting him.

Rockhold is an intense dude, strong as hell, hope Machida isn't injured. Saw the grimace, who knows what it was about. Coulda been cold apparently? Still think Machida takes it with a well-placed shot.

On the weigh in, Machida was grimacing, I dunno if he is injured or the weight cut is affecting him. 

Rockhold is an intense dude, strong as hell, hope Machida isn't injured. Saw the grimace, who knows what it was about. Coulda been cold apparently? Still think Machida takes it with a well-placed shot.

Hmmm......which grimace, out of the 2 grimaces ? There's a minor grimace when he's on the scale. But he lets out a huge grimace before that, when he pulled his shirt off. That tells me that it is almost definitely an injury, as opposed to a weight cut issue, or cold, or something.

Like maybe he hurt is arm, shoulder or ribs in camp.

Edited by Malapropismic Depository

Aljamain tapped Mizugaki with an arm-triangle from the bottom. That kid is going to be special

His standup needs some work, particularly his defense. Ducking the way he does will be exploited against a better striker than Mizugaki. Serra/Longo should be able to fix that with time. His wrestling works because of his relentlessness and his best area is transition scrambles, which he used to lock up the choke.

Edited by StillUnknown
  • Like 1

She's a little ball of endless energy. Needs to fix her standup defense before she gets that title shot though. Joanna from Poland would have her looking at facial reconstruction.

I hope the UFC gives her time to make those improvements before throwing her at the champ. In a new division, she's an attractive face with somewhat of a following, they might rush her anyway.

the young prospects a 3 for 3 tonight , all having great performances 

Edited by StillUnknown
  • Like 1