Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anything MMA, except thumb wrestling

SUNSTONE

Yeah I've a friend who was at it. Said he couldn't believe what he was seeing/hearing. Typical of some of the drunk element in this country at times though. There are pretty rough areas around Dublin. Not a fair reflection on the population as a whole.

A lot of people jumping on the UFC bandwagon over here. 6 months ago, the large majority of them thought Aldo was a brand of shoe.

I've been a UFC fan since I was in my teens and I'm going on 30 in August. Also a big fan of pride.

I agree, but its not going anywhere. He's made himself into a legit star, the only thing worse will be the inevitable copycats who don't have his abilities on the mic.

This tour just solidifies the opinion that approximately 90% of MMA fans rank just above those idiots who start brawls at soccer events. Aldo is pretty chill, I wouldn't have the patience to sit through a bunch of Irish fans calling me a ****

I disagree. He's going to get smashed by Aldo and then the luster will wear off. I remember what Rashad Evans was like before the Dragon put him to sleep and he's certainly not the same guy since. Completely different attitude and approach now.

I've been a UFC fan since I was in my teens and I'm going on 30 in August. Also a big fan of pride.

I disagree. He's going to get smashed by Aldo and then the luster will wear off. I remember what Rashad Evans was like before the Dragon put him to sleep and he's certainly not the same guy since. Completely different attitude and approach now.

I'm not so certain he gets smashed. I'm picking Aldo to win, but Connor has legit skills in his arsenal. He hasn't been tested and I think that will be his downfall, but if anybody beats Aldo, it will be Connor.

Connor's more Chael than Rashad. If Connor loses, I expect him to talk more. Precedent has been set, Connor loses to Aldo then will get an immediate shot at the lightweight title.

Edited by StillUnknown

I'm not so certain he gets smashed. I'm picking Aldo to win, but Connor has legit skills in his arsenal. He hasn't been tested and I think that will be his downfall, but if anybody beats Aldo, it will be Connor.

Connor's more Chael than Rashad. If Connor loses, I expect him to talk more. Precedent has been set, Connor loses to Aldo then will get an immediate shot at the lightweight title.

That depends on how Connor loses. If its like Chael vs Silva 1 then I could understand a rematch, but if Aldo destroys Connor, a rematch should not happen.

Connor has displayed an awesome skill set against second rate fighters. This isn't just a jump up in competition, he is potentially fighting the greatest fighter ever. Aldo has an incredible arsenal and Connor playing around isn't going to work here. I'm an fan of Connor but I just don't see anyway he wins this fight.

Connor has displayed an awesome skill set against second rate fighters. This isn't just a jump up in competition, he is potentially fighting the greatest fighter ever. Aldo has an incredible arsenal and Connor playing around isn't going to work here. I'm an fan of Connor but I just don't see anyway he wins this fight.

He's got power and Aldo has been dropped by lesser strikers than Connor. I can absolutely see Connor catching Aldo with a kill shot.

That depends on how Connor loses. If its like Chael vs Silva 1 then I could understand a rematch, but if Aldo destroys Connor, a rematch should not happen.

"Should not" doesn't matter much in the fight game. The dollar rules over all. It also hurts that the 2nd best fighter in the division, Mendes, has already lost to Aldo twice. The only other fighter in the division that would spark any interest is Frankie Edgar, provided he beats Faber.

Conor has big power and very good accuracy. Unpredictable, but also has extremely sound basics. I can see him hurting and finishing Aldo.

Edited by d0ublestr0ker0ll

That was the longest live TV muting I've seen in a long time. Seemed like he said more than FU.

"Are you booing me? You better not be ****ing booing me! I fought my ass off, **** you!"

Mendes just beat the **** out Lamas. He has to be hoping Connor beats Aldo so he can get another shot at the title. I love Mendes, but you can't sell a 3rd shot against Aldo.

Additionally, Aldo beating Mendes twice is really ****ing impressive. Mendes would be FW kingpin if born earlier or later in life.

Edited by StillUnknown

Definitely wouldn't mind seeing Mendes fight Aldo again. He gave him a run for his money in the second fight, just obliterated the big up and comer in Lamas. Think a third fight is more sellable than the second fight was. He'll have to get a shot if he beats Frankie (assuming Frankie beats Faber). I can see both Mendes and Edgar with the strap one day. Would probably take Aldo losing another step, but they are right on his heels man.

Rematch of one of the greatest KOs in MMA history today, I'll probably miss it unless I'm around my computer. I get that Fight Pass is good, but still think Cro Cop's return & the fact that he's fighting Gonzaga makes it something that should be on Fox or FS1.

Cro Cop is on the up & up and Gonzaga has been dropped a ton over the years. Think ole Mirko will take a few swipes at the head early on for some revenge. Gonzaga might try to repeat history as well. Sensing some early kicking. Cro Cop via TKO RD1.