Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anything MMA, except thumb wrestling

SUNSTONE

No reason for DC at his age to be dropping to LHW.  It was actually  pretty amazing that he ever did that in the first place, but this is Bones we are talking about, with his size and strength (and PEDs) he continually has a choice to either fight guys that can match his physical attributes or fight guys he towers over.  Gus is the one guy who is his equal in height and reach but nowhere near close to his strength.  Bones never looks like a LHW on fight night. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Dr. Do Itch Big said:

Jones is a great grappler. His mount was beautiful. 

Savage grapplers might be my favorite type of fighter. When he got the hooks in, I thought he'd work for the choke, instead he postures up and unleashes hell

certain fighters just have a knack for delivering maximum damage on the ground. Jones doesn't really show power standing, on the ground, he breaks fighters. Same with Khabib, not much power on the feet, but will put a person's head through the mat with ground n pound. The heirs of Fedor

are they still trying to do that dumb**** with Lesnar?

kinda hope they don't go Bones/DC 3. I don't see the outcome being any different, even at HW. Jones is just the worst matchup out there for him. More than that, he has the best fighting mind in MMA. He is a royal **** up everywhere else, but nobody adapts in the cage as well as him. The man is a computer. He banked 5 rounds of info from the first Cormier fight and beat him with ease in the 2nd fight.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, StillUnknown said:

The man is a computer. He banked 5 rounds of info from the first Cormier fight and beat him with ease in the 2nd fight.

Honestly I thought DC was winning the 2nd fight up until the kick changed everything.  DC was getting inside on Jones and connecting a lot.  Bones looked more defensive then I had ever seen him previously.   As good as DC transitioned to 205lb I have my doubts about whether he truly belonged fighting there, especially at his age, already having wear & tear. 

2 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

Honestly I thought DC was winning the 2nd fight up until the kick changed everything.  DC was getting inside on Jones and connecting a lot.  Bones looked more defensive then I had ever seen him previously.   As good as DC transitioned to 205lb I have my doubts about whether he truly belonged fighting there, especially at his age, already having wear & tear. 

I disagree, especially knowing how that fight ended up. That body work Bones banked in the rounds 1 & 2, directly led to the finishing sequence in that fight. DC got tired of eating body shots, and went desperate on defense to sell out to protect his body, which led to head kick finish.

its kinda weird that for a fighter with Bones' freakish dimensions, he's probably the best inside/clinch fighter in the game. He has so many weapons. None by themselves are particularly deadly, its the fact that his game is seamless that makes him so hard to beat.

Jones has obvious flaws in his game, but to exploit them, you have to take a level of punishment that no fighter has been able to withstand. It also helps that when he does get hit, Jones has shown a damn good chin.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, StillUnknown said:

Jones has obvious flaws in his game, but to exploit them, you have to take a level of punishment that no fighter has been able to withstand. It also helps that when he does get hit, Jones has shown a damn good chin.

All of these are good reasons why he would avoid heavyweight like the plague if he wants to look unbeatable. 

Ask Conor how important a big weight jump can be to size, power and stamina. You can look human real fast if your opponents are bigger and hit harder. 

Edited by Bacon

3 minutes ago, Bacon said:

All of these are good reasons why he would avoid heavyweight like the plague if he wants to look unbeatable. 

Ask Conor how important a sizable weight jump can be to the size/power ratio. 

Jones has the frame to play the same game at HW. Unlike Conor, his striking game isnt predicated on damaging shots. Its more about breaking people through attrition. There are only 2 or 3 good hw's anyway, Jones would be a good size favorite over all of them

16 minutes ago, StillUnknown said:

Jones has the frame to play the same game at HW. Unlike Conor, his striking game isnt predicated on damaging shots. Its more about breaking people through attrition. There are only 2 or 3 good hw's anyway, Jones would be a good size favorite over all of them

I didn't say he wouldn't be successful at HW, he'd win the belt in time, he would just be far more susceptible to the kind of shots that throw off your calculations. 

I think that he would rely on his wrestling more, if anything. Which wouldn't be a bad thing. Worked great for him tonight, and DC looks damn near unbeatable as a HW wrestler (with a very different build). 

Edited by Bacon

Yeah I am on record as thinking Bones is avoiding HW as long as he can, until that weight cutting is too much for him. He is 31 right now, those days are approaching.  I think he would still have success at HW, but he isn't going to look like the same out of this world dominate fighter.  It's ok, won't take anything away from what he has accomplished up to that point.....the failed drug tests however...…..

1 hour ago, Dr. Do Itch Big said:

Ngannou if he can stop the takedown would be an interesting match up for Jon 

One of the most tragic things to happen in the UFC is Rumble retiring, because it deprived us of the fight that most of us want to see :

Rumble vs. Jones.

I still believe that Rumble will come out of retirement, just like when Conor abruptly announced retirement a few years ago, I believed

and stated he would return, and he did.

And looking back to last night, this occurred to me. The key to Jones' win was hurting Gus' leg. Up until that point, in both fights, Gus

had done an outstanding job of preventing Jones' takedowns. But the leg kicks hurting Gus' legs made him more vulnerable to the

takedown and his ultimate demise.

UFC’s Polyana Viana beats up robber after he threatens her with CARDBOARD gun

UFC STAR Polyana Viana left a man with horrific facial injuries after he tried to rob her with a CARDBOARD gun.

NINTCHDBPICT000460214984.jpg?w=960

And the cowering thief even begged her to call the cops in fear of another beating after targeting the wrong person.

The Brazilian was waiting for her Uber in Rio de Janeiro when the misguided criminal demanded she hand over her phone.

After claiming he had a gun, Viana punched and kicked the would-be-robber before locking him in a rear-naked choke.

NINTCHDBPICT000460200683.jpg?w=960

Viana, 26, kept the man in a submission while she waited for police to arrive.

NINTCHDBPICT000460201297.jpg?w=960

She can submit me anytime

Click on the link for the full article

• Thanks 2