Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anything MMA, except thumb wrestling

SUNSTONE

Fighters losing money. Gotta pay more taxes in cali than vegas. Fans probably planned vegas trips around the card being so close to new years. All up in smoke for somebody who doesnt deserve the treatment

This is some truly irresponsible **** from the ufc, but its what they are. I swear i hate the fight game

Fighters need to smarten up, but they wont or cant think beyond the next fight check

Edited by StillUnknown

I just read something in a yaho sports article that contradicts itself.

First this :

"Nevada officials did not feel they had adequate time to properly vet the test result in accordance with Jones’ drug testing history, and thus wouldn’t be able to rule on Jones’ case in time for UFC 232 on Saturday"

Then this :

"Let’s make this clear, this is not another violation."

So if they're so certain and clear that it's not another violation, then why is there even a need to "properly vet the test result in accordance with Jones’ drug testing history, and thus wouldn’t be able to rule on Jones’ case in time for UFC 232 on Saturday" as the first quote says ?

Why bother to vet,

if it's 'clear' he did not injest ?

https://sports.yahoo.com/dana-white-jon-jones-did-203053080.html?guccounter=1

On 12/25/2018 at 11:55 PM, Malapropismic Depository said:

I just read something in a yaho sports article that contradicts itself.

It gets worse. 

This is what was reported when he failed his drug test in 2017

Per the report issued by Toronto-based McLaren Global Sport Solutions, the Sports Medicine Research and Testing Laboratory (SMRTL) test determined Jones’s sample had a concentration of 20-80 picograms/milliliter (picogram = one trillionth of a gram). No oral Turinabol or short/medium term metabolites of it were found in the sample.

This is what has been reported on his latest failed test. 

So he's gone from 20-80 pg/ml to 60pg/ml in the most recent test.  I've yet to see an explanation as to how the level being essentially the same (or potentially higher now) can be residual metabolites.  Jon Jones and other fighters have been suspended for levels that appeared in his most recent test... but this time it's different?  This is all very strange . 

2 hours ago, Destino said:

So he's gone from 20-80 pg/ml to 60pg/ml in the most recent test.  I've yet to see an explanation as to how the level being essentially the same (or potentially higher now) can be residual metabolites.  Jon Jones and other fighters have been suspended for levels that appeared in his most recent test... but this time it's different?  This is all very strange . 

its very simple when you accept the UFC is making **** up as they go along

they must be really desperate to meet some PPV buy goal for 2018

I watched the UFC Embedded Vlog where they showed the video of Dana "breaking the news" to AG in his office, and Dana trying to explain JJ's absolute innocence by emphasizing and exclaiming how JJ cleanly passed 7 of those tests since his last ban, and just now showed a metabolite of a residual amount from his "last usage years ago". He was saying that as if to justify that it could not have been from new usage. It sounds like the opposite would be true. How could he pass 7 straight tests and not show any residuals, and then suddenly the 8th test shows residual ?

Then he goes on to say he could not possibly have injested that small amount.

Some say micro-dosing is a possibility. I don't know. I'm not an expert on micro-dosing.

In my unprofessional theory, what I suspect is he took a banned substance and then tried another substance to flush it out or mask it, but it only flushed or masked 99%, thus the microscopic amount.

They're also trying to discount the potency by trying to explain the size of a pictogram, being a fraction the size of a grain of salt or sand.

That may or may not be irrelevant. Because there are substances on earth, roughly that "size", that are lethal enough to kill a human being.

So I'd like to hear an expert translate the potency of that amount, NOT the size.

Anyway, everyone I'm hearing says that there is no way that a residual amount will show up in his body almost 2 years after usage.

Edited by Malapropismic Depository

It's BS and Dana knows it.  Did you see the press conference? Ariel asked him point blank how they know for sure it was not a new ingestion of the chemical and the best Dana could come up with was "umm....go ask the other guy"  i'm sorry, if you are the promoter and mouth piece for the organization you should be better prepared to ask these obvious questions.  I swear the UFC gets off so easy because most mainstream media is still not covering the sport very closes.  This kind of nonsense would never hold up if the sport was more closely examined. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Dr. Do Itch Big said:

I dunno man. I didn’t buy canelo Álvarez eating tainted meat excuse. 

Boxing resides in the same niche as the ufc. Casual fans dont really care about anything but the actual fights, so the coverage reflects that

The ufc is even worse because to a large section of their hardcore fanbase, Dana is their own little Trump. Whatever he says they will believe, even if his last 2 statements are in direct opposition. Hell most fighter still back him despite being routinely being treated like ****. He passes out trinkets here and there, but god forbid the fighter themselves ever attempt to gain some agency over their own situation.

He had the fighters right where he wants them and not enough of them care long term to do a anything about it

On a sidenote, its a pretty strong card tonight. BJ Penn is fighting Ryan Hall on the undercard. They should change the rules and make it a grappling match, that Hall would win anyway. It will be less depressing than watching Hall outpoint Penn on the feet, which is still less depressing than Penn winning and chasing another fight with someone who will actually hurt him.

2 minutes ago, Chachie said:

Anybody else feeling an upset vibe for the Cyborg-Nunes fight? Could be a Buster Douglas kinda night for Amanda. 😎

I would be shocked really. She hits hard and has speed, but whatever she gets done, it better be early. I suspect her cardio will fade and Cyborg will finish her in the 2nd half of the fight.

on a different note:

the entry to that heel hook is ridiculously difficult on anybody, let alone a grappler of Penn's quality and Hall made it look smooth as ****.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Chachie said:

Anybody else feeling an upset vibe for the Cyborg-Nunes fight? Could be a Buster Douglas kinda night for Amanda. 😎

If this pattern continues, you may be right.

As of the ist fight on the main card, 2 UFC legends have been taken down rather easily.

This could be the night known as the the night that legends died.

For me the Nunes v. Cyborg fight will come down to how well Nunes fights going backwards.  She is usually the aggressor and gets on top of opponents with pressure.  This may be the first fight she ever has where her opponent is the bigger aggressor.  

Bones v. Gus.  I felt Gus won a close fight the first time, and if the rematch had happened within a year of that fight I might have called for an upset in favor of Gus.  However, Gus has been in too many wars since then, I am not sure how he holds up this time if he takes some of those same brutal shots.  He shook them off pretty well in the first fight but I am not sure that his chin is still at that level.  Bones is a cheater, which is a shame, because he is still a beast.  

• Like 1

Penn might be living on past reputation. I don’t think he trains his bjj like that anymore. Remember Frankie beating up Penn on the ground. 

8 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

If this pattern continues, you may be right.

As of the ist fight on the main card, 2 UFC legends have been taken down rather easily.

This could be the night known as the the night that legends died.

Penn should have retired a long time ago 

1 minute ago, Dr. Do Itch Big said:

Penn might be living on past reputation. I don’t think he trains his bjj like that anymore. Remember Frankie beating up Penn on the ground. 

Penn should have retired a long time ago 

It's sort of like people pretending Fedor is overrated (historically) because he is losing fights in his 40's when he is likely milking cows 300 days a year.